Banned
A super hero series about a group of people fighting to save the world and a lot of lives from homocidal monsters and insane villains?

Yes, I can see how that generic archetype demands there to be 'silliness' in every iteration.

Wow.. Nice but 0/4 there bud. Sentai is a fun show, with seriousness, silliness, and lots of other things. To pick one aspect of what ALL sentai have had to bash other sentai series... It's just.. well.. IMO it's dumb.

SLICE
Wow.. Nice but 0/4 there bud. Sentai is a fun show, with seriousness, silliness, and lots of other things. To pick one aspect of what ALL sentai have had to bash other sentai series... It's just.. well.. IMO it's dumb.

What?

No. I didn't bash anything there.

I answered your question.

What is the show about. It's about a group of people, who are super heroes through varying means, fighting evil to save the world.

That is, to a one, the core behind every Sentai ever made.

All of them.

Some times they're dinosaur people, some times they're spies, some times they're magical space pirates, some times they're super geniuses.

Regardless, they're always super heroes, and they're always fighting villains who would otherwise murder everyone on Earth-at best.

Due to this, my statement that it doesn't HAVE to have silliness if valid.

It's a kids show, yes-but I've already talked before that that doesn't require it to have stupid moments. Comedy is fine.

Like I said, a chunk of people probably hadn't seen those shows. And besides, their early Sentais and people always cut the early parts of a franchise or show some slack because... well they're the early parts. They were still working the kinks out.

SLICE
That and only truly exemplary shows from the 70s and 80s are any 'good' by modern standards.

You have to view things with a different outlook when they come from that time period, otherwise you're never going to find anything fun. Things were just done differently back then.

The new breed.
people always cut the early parts of a franchise or show some slack because... well they're the early parts. They were still working the kinks out.
I wouldn't call that a good excuse, A show is either good or it isn't.

Nice post!!
It's a kids show, yes-but I've already talked before that that doesn't require it to have stupid moments. Comedy is fine.

What is a stupid moment to you is hilarious comedy to someone else, especially when you're dealing with a culture gap.

culture gap.

Nope, will not take that argument. "Culture gap" is an excuse, not an explanation. You find it funny or you don't, that's it. I'm an American redneck, and Larry the Cable guy is not funny to me. Monty Python I find to be genius. Shinkenger had moments that made me laugh. Gokaiger's humor is obnoxious to me. It's not a culture gap, it's that Sentai humor has currently become bumbling and overbearing (imo).

Banned
Nope, will not take that argument. "Culture gap" is an excuse, not an explanation. You find it funny or you don't, that's it. I'm an American redneck, and Larry the Cable guy is not funny to me. Monty Python I find to be genius. Shinkenger had moments that made me laugh. Gokaiger's humor is obnoxious to me. It's not a culture gap, it's that Sentai humor has currently become bumbling and overbearing (imo).

So wait, are you disagreeing with lynx in that what is stupid to one person might be funny to another?

And yes there is a culture gap between you and gokaiger unless you are Japanese.

SLICE
He just explained why culture gap doesn't work-all you did was say that yes it did.

You're not debating-you're just asserting your opinion as if it was fact.

That's my job, stop it.