Banned
I love how you say MS is dying, and then just say a wall of text that doesn't even make clear what you were even talking about. If you can't back it up, don't make wild claims like you did and then just randomly rant about nonsense instead.

Lurker
I love how you say MS is dying, and then just say a wall of text that doesn't even make clear what you were even talking about. If you can't back it up, don't make wild claims like you did and then just randomly rant about nonsense instead.

I agree. Plus if we're talking about games, then it's Sony who's "dying" in that industry, not Microsoft. At least we'll be hearing about another Xbox at next year's E3. There's absolutely no news or proof about PS4 yet, & even PS Vita isn't doing as strong as Sony have hoped.

It's dying because of how shitty and undependable the hardware is. The Windows OS is losing the hold on the market from not only Mac, but from Linux/Android and iOS...

You need to literally hack your PC if you want to use it (go into the registry, even hire a pro) , version fragmentation when other operating systems provide the same amount of features in their default and only OS if not more.

Since it's so fragmented by countless manufacturers , the support is just plain inconsistent and yet again, you have to search hours for a solution which again requires you to hack into it. You must be the one spewing nonsense as it sounds like you have never experienced how crappy Windows is. The Mac is actually good in this point that due to its centralization, hardware and software issues can be accounted for and solved quicker .And guess what, it's with domestic and not outsourced foreign help. Sure there's software that the Mac lacks but I hardly think of it because the one I need I ported quickly via Wineskin (Office 2007 for class) and the software I need to use rarely messes up let alone the OS.

IN fact, the last time it crashed was around the first three weeks of purchase in contrast to a per week basis with a PC. If I were to buy a PC again, if ever, I will get a custom.

Also, Office does not equate to OS at all as there are Mac versions.

When I mean Windows 8 is a bad idea, I mean it is a bad idea. Forcing customers to accept a bullshit layout clearly not made for desktop or laptop operating systems with zero way to keep it as a default hurts the OS in the long run and I cannot see people migrating to it . As for it being a tablet OS, it will be slaughtered by the droids and the remains eaten by Apple and it will retreat into a very niche place..

I used it for some time and it was completely frustrating overall sans the transfer between Snow Leopard and Lion, where I felt a few features that were new, but weren't really necessary alongside roaring fans over a few programs... I don't understand WHY the fans are roaring , but for getting Lion for free, meh. If it can be solved , I'd like it , but I can deal with that.

It says something when their only successful hardware is a gaming system and anything else they make turns to **** or is rarely used among the populace. XP pwns 7 out of the water in usage shares and while Apple lacks in the market shares for their desktops, their mobile iterations are the leaders and have introduced many to their other products like me. In short, I wish they'd actually lower the prices on their notebooks , but for anyone, they can get a Mac Mini for cheap if not refurbed like with their other laptops.

Mind you I'm using the Macbook Pro for art related uses and school , but for anyone else, it really depends. You can go by with a laptop, but I'd suggest you get someone to mod it and make it better.

When I mean dying, I mean it is losing relevancy . The Mac has 15% , almost 20% of the market for PCs in general. I recall that Microsoft tried to release tablets, but they weren't as smooth as Apple's. Now because of Apple we are having a revolution of computing that is portable to be held within the pocket and make the netbooks of old useless.

I admit their Office products are quite useful, but what do they have that free software can't do?

I see Microsoft as a curiosity and a potential to actually be good with Windows, but they need to realize that radically transforming their GUI isn't going to bring people back. They need to make it consistent and less idiotproof ,which means keep the GUI the same but make the support better. People need to see that they need to make their own hardware as well that optimizes their OS and not just tablets.

Actually back this time
You need to literally hack your PC if you want to use it (go into the registry, even hire a pro)
I made it that far. What.

I mean, really. I don't really know how to respond to that post properly. In all my years of using a PC, I've never had to do any wizardry to get what I want out of a machine.

If by fragmented, you mean there are tons of configurations for a PC... how is that a bad thing? It's better for the consumer because it gives you a choice and, hey, it's cheap. But the main thing is if you want to game, you own a copy of Windows. Microsoft isn't solely a hardware maker, in fact, I'd say they can take a hell of a lot more risks than their competitors because they make so much money off of their software sales.

Microsoft is dying though.

Banned
When some one has the gall to say "MS is dying" I just call them a fanboy anymore and move on.

I made it that far. What.

I mean, really. I don't really know how to respond to that post properly. In all my years of using a PC, I've never had to do any wizardry to get what I want out of a machine.

If by fragmented, you mean there are tons of configurations for a PC... how is that a bad thing? It's better for the consumer because it gives you a choice and, hey, it's cheap. But the main thing is if you want to game, you own a copy of Windows. Microsoft isn't solely a hardware maker, in fact, I'd say they can take a hell of a lot more risks than their competitors because they make so much money off of their software sales.

Microsoft is dying though.

Then again , I've had to deal with Compaq and HP for my PC experience ,so your experience could be better.

For fragmented, I mean manufacturers not on the same level of standardization to make support across the board easier and it doesn't help when certain manufacturers cripple the OS with their **** and you need to get rid of it in order to run it decent . Instead you need support for every single brand that gets confusing and hard to look for a solution to a problem which could be hardware related concerning that one PC and not another . Sure the configs themselves can be really neat like Alienware , but for ordinary consumers, too much of a choice can be a bad thing.

There's no argument that diversity is cherished in the PC field ,but problems are hard to diagnose and fix if the desktops are like in of themselves. I hope I am saying this correctly .:sweat:

When some one has the gall to say "MS is dying" I just call them a fanboy anymore and move on.

Because it is a reality? I'm not fanboy by any means, I just have had terrible experience with Windows and Compaq when really, I don't need an unreliable machine that fucks up every week consistently and loses my work, forces me to update on its own and restart itself without my knowledge.. I'm not some imbecile who knows nothing about computers so I believe I and no one else should be treated as such. Next time, I'm going for a custom PC that is on par with the Macs.

Eh, only thing i have to say to that post is the xbox is running outta steam. Without Kinect, it wouldn't have sold as much as it did last holiday season. The main thing going for the 360 right now is Kinect and the "wow factor" that Microsoft has embedded into the soccer moms of america's mind. It's like the Wii 2.0.

Banned
Eh, only thing i have to say to that post is the xbox is running outta steam. Without Kinect, it wouldn't have sold as much as it did last holiday season. The main thing going for the 360 right now is Kinect and the "wow factor" that Microsoft has embedded into the soccer moms of america's mind. It's like the Wii 2.0.

And you have proof of this? Can you please show me your factual data that shows the xbox is running out of steam. Running out of steam means that sales are slowing down. That isn't the case. I mean it's fine if people want to THINK something, just don't bring fact into it unless you have the numbers to back it up. You also say the MAIN thing it has going for it is the WOW FACTOR with soccer moms. Can you please show the source of this data?

Banned
Because it is a reality? I'm not fanboy by any means, I just have had terrible experience with Windows and Compaq when really, I don't need an unreliable machine that fucks up every week consistently and loses my work, forces me to update on its own and restart itself without my knowledge.. I'm not some imbecile who knows nothing about computers so I believe I and no one else should be treated as such. Next time, I'm going for a custom PC that is on par with the Macs.

So what you mean is that YOU PERSONALLY have had issues with windows. Microsoft isn't dying. Don't mistake your personal issues with over all sales and such. You say you are not a computer imbecile, yet you bought a compaq... :sly: Again MS isn't dying, don't say they are, you have nothing to back that up.

Source? The fact that Microsoft is pushing Kinect so hard. Kinect is integrated with the dashboard, it has more exclusives than the xbox 360 right now, and that's been their focus for the past what? two e3s? Plus they spent a ridiculous amount of money marketing the thing.