I'm A Djinn
That's not what I necessarily meant about Fourze being a Rider sorry about that. It's just that before calling themselves a rider they go through event(s) before proudly calling themselves "Kamen Rider"

I say watered down because the series had promise. The concept of 2 people becoming a rider was great in my opinion. But it was the addition of very childlike characters is what I meant watered down. Childlike characters aren't necessarily bad, they can help support the characters but it didn't seem so for W. Also by watered down I meant the revival of Shoutaro's partner. It could have ended on a good note if he remained dead in my opinion.

Childlike characters in a morning kid's show? :O_O: Alert the media!

If "childlike" characters water down a series, I can think of one that is a vast ocean of disappointment. There is nothing more immature than being so emo as to go back and time and stop yourself from ever being born because one lousy person died on you. Never mind the fact that by never existing, everybody else that you did manage to save before that WOULD DIE instead. How very heroic of you, "Kamen Rider".

But I agree, W's ending wouldve been stronger had Phillip not come back in episode 49. Still, Im happy that he did. It was cheap, but seeing how happy the guys were when Phillip came back made it difficult for me to bear them any grudge.

It couldve been worse. He couldve gone to France and fetch fucking tofu.

Super Moderator
But for now, he hasn't gone through any hardships except trying to befriend others.

Well, friendship is the key theme of the show so of course what hardships he has center on that point. It is for him what protecting the smiles of everyone was for Godai.

Banned
That's not what I necessarily meant about Fourze being a Rider sorry about that. It's just that before calling themselves a rider they go through event(s) before proudly calling themselves "Kamen Rider"

I say watered down because the series had promise. The concept of 2 people becoming a rider was great in my opinion. But it was the addition of very childlike characters is what I meant watered down. Childlike characters aren't necessarily bad, they can help support the characters but it didn't seem so for W. Also by watered down I meant the revival of Shoutaro's partner. It could have ended on a good note if he remained dead in my opinion.

hate to break it to you... But there have been "child like characters" in every single kamen rider series.

Yes.. Lets have more death. I'm glad he came back.

I think Philip's return at the end of W, even if it was only one episode later, was almost as emotionally moving as his death and it totally doesn't ruin that event for me. In fact, I'd have been really bummed if the show ended with him still gone.

Banned
I think Philip's return at the end of W, even if it was only one episode later, was almost as emotionally moving as his death and it totally doesn't ruin that event for me. In fact, I'd have been really bummed if the show ended with him still gone.

Yeah exactly. Shotaro isn't complete with out phillip. And the two of them together at the end was great.

New To Kamen Rider ...

I'm totally unfamiliar with Kamen Rider, but I want to understand what's going on.

Who was Philip in Kamen Rider W?

What episode did he die in?

Friendship and the Cosmos.
Oh, that's disappointing. That sort of ruins the whole last few episodes almost. But he dies in episode 47 of W. Phillip is the partner of Shotaro and one half of Kamen Rider Double.

I really couldn't get into Dekaranger... i'm not sure why but it just wasn't my cup of tea
PR Samurai is not as terrible as everybody says it just needs better acting which most of them have improved minus kevin
Fourze is kind of "meh" for me
Uva was under used
Gokaiger's villains were a tease
America should adapt Goseiger

I think Tomoko Nozama is the biggest badass in Tokusatsu as a whole, and would probably kick both Tsukasa and Marvelous's asses in Super Hero Taisen if Fourze, Meteor and the Go-Busters weren't already doing the dirty work.

Banned
I liked Goseiger more than Shinkenger
Not a fan of Gekiranger.
Faiz is my Favorite rider series.
Decade was a good anniversey series with fun Fanservice.