Do you think yearly Kamen RiderSuper Sentai crossovers will become the norm?

Mad Skillz
I would like for them to eventually work in some older Metal Heroes, maybe even older Toei tokusatsu.

Lurker
Aww ****. :disappoin

What happen to less is more? The core of these movies are hero vs hero. They intend to ride that more then they already have? My goodness Toei, give it a rest.

I agree. IMO, I think more of those movies should only happen during both Kamen Rider & Super Sentai anniversary series, just to not go overboard by releasing them every year, because if you do that & to constantly do it every year, then people will get tired of it, just like that people are right now getting tired of Capcom over-saturating the fighting game genre like they did in the 90's by coming out with all of the re-releases of the same games while putting out even more fighters & doing the same thing.

SLICE
I want an Ultraman and Super Sentai crossover.

Kamen Rider got one, and Ultraman had to make him grow giant to allow that nonsense.

At least it'd give some reason for the zords.

Plus, it'd HAVE to improve the quality of the writing.

At this point there's nothing much they can do with Den-O since the cast has become a skeleton crew, especially after LGKR. So having the current Rider & Sentai crossing-over would be a good replacement. Especially since it'll print money. Not to mention that they'll be two Rider & Sentai movies & one cross-over.

Aww ****. :disappoin

What happen to less is more? The core of these movies are hero vs hero. They intend to ride that more then they already have? My goodness Toei, give it a rest.

The core of this first movie is hero vs hero. It doesn't mean they'd always reuse the exact same plot or even premise. It's better than more Den-O movies anyway, which is what these Rider x Sentai movies might replace.

Why do I get the feeling that Toei is only making these movies so that they don't have to waste all the old costumes they repaired/remade for Decade and Gokaiger? That must have been good money spent, we'd better make use of them!

I would like for them to eventually work in some older Metal Heroes, maybe even older Toei tokusatsu.

How about a plain ol' Metal Hero reunion? Diana can replace Spielban (as Hiroshi Watari would more likely be playing Sharivan) and Shaider can be a suit-only appearance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why do I get the feeling that Toei is only making these movies so that they don't have to waste all the old costumes they repaired/remade for Decade and Gokaiger? That must have been good money spent, we'd better make use of them!

I don't think it's "just" that. Lately Toei changed the entire way they promote merchandising and such for the series, still pushing older shows even after they've ended for some of the tie in products and promotions. While in the earlier Heisei era you'd see secondary Riders from the current show, now you see old Rider suits.

But, of course, that only works if those Riders continue appearing once in a while in new productions. Unless this whole strategy starts failing, I guess we'll see at least one movie featuring older Riders somewhere at least once per year in the near future. It doesn't seem like they're even trying to use 'anniversary' excuses anymore for their return. The only thing they seem to be avoiding are crossovers in the standard tv shows.

I would actually like to see a season where it chains together. A kamen rider who has a relative that leads a sentai team, who has another brother in a Metal Hero/Henshin Series.