Favorite survival horror video games?

Yeah, I played Silent Hill 4: The Room on the PS 2. It was actually the second Silent Hill game that I played because I skipped part 3 and played part 2 a little later. I found the story of Silent Hill 4 to be very unique. You were trapped in a scary room with all the windows closed and your door padlocked. And you must find a way out. Neat premise. The only thing I hate about the game is the fighting mechanics.

I will choose Silent Hill 4. Too bad you didn't put in the Fatal Frame series. I love Fatal Frame horror games the most.

The only name that crosses my mind here are the Resident Evil games, never played Silent Hill or any other of the kind I think, Resident Evil was pretty awesome in all aspects, only thing I never liked that much was the movement of the character that also seemed quite robotic to me.

I remember when Silent Hill 2 was released. This game was so cool and had such a good story and eerie world. My mom used to ask me when I was going to play it
so she could come watch it, she's a big mystery and horror fan so the game was perfect for her lol. The monsters in Silent Hill were far different from anything I had ever encountered
in any survival horror game. They looked like something that crawled out of Hell instead of out of the grave.
If anyone had a snapshot of Hell it would probably look like somewhere in this game.

Yeah, I played Silent Hill 4: The Room on the PS 2. It was actually the second Silent Hill game that I played because I skipped part 3 and played part 2 a little later. I found the story of Silent Hill 4 to be very unique. You were trapped in a scary room with all the windows closed and your door padlocked. And you must find a way out. Neat premise. The only thing I hate about the game is the fighting mechanics.

Yeah, I played that one, it's the room one :) It was really scary, specially because there was no way out of that apartment, but it was nice to have someone else following you around :p I can't remember the name of that girl who is following the main character around... she made the boss fight really hard!

Well, I know the old scool titles only so I go with Silent Hill and Resident Evil. Dino Crisis was nice too but nothing special.

Although not many people played it, Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem on GameCube was pretty awesome especially if you played it in the dark. The sanity effects really helped drive home the feeling of eeriness. I'm really hoping that they can get their kickstarter and copyright issues sorted for their 'spiritual sequel.'