Status
Not open for further replies.
Would like to change his avatar
Maybe the more sci-fi styled shows are just not appealing to modern audiences...? Not only with Go-busters, but with Gokaiger (which had a throwback to an '80s style of sci-fi) running alongside Fourze, as well -- did Gokaiger's ratings slide coincide with Fourze's debut?

Last edited:
Lurker
This week, Super Sentai beat Kamen Rider by a mile with Go-Buster :thumbs:

A lot of people are commenting on how Go-Buster looks like a Kamen Rider production, but to me, it's more akin to something like Ryukendo, but with the larger Sentai budget.

Few notes about the episode:

-Usuada might just become my favorite character :laugh:

-Love the sibling-like interaction between the three leads.

-Points for adding Miho to the story, that way they have an excuse to launch into exposition and flashbacks.

-If this was an anime, the pairing would be Hiromu & Yoko :sweat:

-I find it hilarious that they mass-produce Go-Buster Ace's sword.

Super Moderator
Does Yoko really have superpowers or is she just hypoglycemic and bitchy??

Hiromu basically has super-speed, Ryuji has super-strength and technique, Yoko has super kicking and jumping. I don't know if that means all around agility or if it's more kind of like a runner or a kickboxer where all her power is concentrated in her legs.

All three of them have combat and tech training.

As for Yoko's "bitchiness" my first impression on that is that she's just really young and I think there is an extent to which their experiences as heroes will help them all to grow but Ryuji is of course the most mature of the 3 starting out because he's the oldest.

*sorry 4 dumb questions*
1. so there called Meazords when the Metadriods grow big
2. so is the Rabbit Buddyroid gonna say Roger Rabbit all the time?

1) Megazords, but the Metadroids don't grow big. They're transported in from Hyperspace after getting data from the Metadroid via Enter. I kinda like that. It's different.

2) He better, it's the best pun ever.

The Meteor has landed
So, does Yoko like Hiromu? Or does she hate him? Cause in some scenes it shows she has some feelings for him but, in the rest she hates him. I really hope that this isn't a recurring thing in the later episodes. The next one shows some character development for the both Yoko and Hiromu so, maybe things will get sorted.

Also, did anyone noticed Toei changed from the regular white font to a shiny blue one for the OP? Not mention, more of the Wikipedia text.

Super Moderator
So, does Yoko like Hiromu? Or does she hate him? Cause in some scenes it shows she has some feelings for him but, in the rest she hates him. I really hope that this isn't a recurring thing in the later episodes. The next one shows some character development for the both Yoko and Hiromu so, maybe things will get sorted.

Also, did anyone noticed Toei changed from the regular white font to a shiny blue one for the OP? Not mention, more of the Wikipedia text.

At the end of the day, she likes Hiromu when you get past everything else. My take on it is that she felt like Hiromu ditched her and Ryuji years ago when he didn't train with them. Again, Yoko is very young so there's a lot she isn't considering, she just knows how she feels. She's being childish. Doesn't mean she's a bad person or a bad character, I think the writers are simply establishing that she's got some growing up to do.

When Hiromu came back she was sort of like "Oh so now you're here. Why do you care all of a sudden, what about big sister?" When Hiromu talked about the promise he had made to her when she was a little girl, Yoko was honestly surprised that he remembered that as much as she did and there is a little moment where she's considering him in a new light.

..but then of course Hiromu ruins it with the comment about her face being round and pretty much both Ryuji and all the BuddyRoids give him a facepalm reaction for it.

Clearly, Hiromu's got a lot of growing up to do himself.

The Meteor has landed
At the end of the day, she likes Hiromu when you get past everything else. My take on it is that she felt like Hiromu ditched her and Ryuji years ago when he didn't train with them. Again, Yoko is very young so there's a lot she isn't considering, she just knows how she feels. She's being childish. Doesn't mean she's a bad person or a bad character, I think the writers are simply establishing that she's got some growing up to do.

I wasn't saying she was a bad character, I was saying if she really does like Hiromu as team member or not.

When Hiromu came back she was sort of like "Oh so now you're here. Why do you care all of a sudden, what about big sister?" When Hiromu talked about the promise he had made to her when she was a little girl, Yoko was honestly surprised that he remembered that as much as she did and there is a little moment where she's considering him in a new light.

I gotta admit, that was a touching scene...and probably will be a recurring one in the future

..but then of course Hiromu ruins it with the comment about her face being round and pretty much both Ryuji and all the BuddyRoids give him a facepalm reaction for it.

Clearly, Hiromu's got a lot of growing up to do himself.

And that was hilarious. The both of them have a lot of learning to do about getting along with each other. Speaking about Ryuji, is he the leader of the team? Cause, he seems like doing most of the job than the other two.

Super Moderator
I wasn't saying she was a bad character, I was saying if she really does like Hiromu as team member or not.

I didn't think you were. I was just putting that out there because some might say that if she's being a brat about this then how can we buy this character as a Sentai hero? My point is that she's starting out with a degree of that but it isn't the sum total of who she is or who she will become.

I gotta admit, that was a touching scene...and probably will be a recurring one in the future

Agreed.

And that was hilarious. The both of them have a lot of learning to do about getting along with each other. Speaking about Ryuji, is he the leader of the team? Cause, he seems like doing most of the job than the other two.

Not sure. If you really had to call a leader I would say it's the EMC Commander. Though when Hiromu said he would take the Megazord and that the other two should see to getting people to safety neither of them questioned it. Now that could be him being designated a leader on the field or it could just be that his idea made sense and they went with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.