Viewing Globe - Serious Talk For Serious People Such As Ourselves

Status
Not open for further replies.
All your FACES are belongs to ME!!!
You must have one hell of a HDD to support that much (actually, a regular 500 GB HDD could support that.....but with little breathing room for other ****)

You do know that portable HDDs now go up to 2TB's right?

In Justice, We Trust!
So I decided to give a new recipe a try, this is a Japanese dish called Hayashi Rice:

dsc00004xg.jpg

The recipie I followed was basically CookingWithDog's:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJxLbVo0kUo"]How to Make Hayashi Rice ?????????? - YouTube[/ame]

..Minus a few things, I didn't have any red wine handy, nor could I find Japanese Worcestershire...and I also skipped the part with the butter in the rice. Overall, it was quite tasty.

Actually back this time
Banned
Well, Brad Pitt just mentioned War of the Gargantuas as the first movie he ever saw on the Oscars. (though he called it "Gargantuas")

Score one for Toku :thumbs:

All your FACES are belongs to ME!!!
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820227774

Dude, why go 2TB when you can go 3.2 solid state. And you get a free thumb drive! Sure, it isn't portable... but still... it'd let people know you mean business and stuff. Or own a business. Or launder money. Or are a crime lord. Or are rich.

My car cost about half that...

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Funny thing was that a few years back, I was actually doing some capacity/cost research for work about a back end storage for our Databases... Solid State drives were actually one of those that we had looked at... Eventually we went with a NetApp. :thumbs: Roughly $100Grand.

Just an Internet User Passing Thru
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820227774

Dude, why go 2TB when you can go 3.2 solid state. And you get a free thumb drive! Sure, it isn't portable... but still... it'd let people know you mean business and stuff. Or own a business. Or launder money. Or are a crime lord. Or are rich.

My car cost about half that...

SSDs are definitely the ****, when they're under $500. Dear God, 3.2 TB SSD priced at around the same as a used Honda Civic :O_O:

Considering their price range (especially that ****), SSDs are great for just loading your operating system and some valuable computer maintenance programs (anti-viruses and ****). The price is too costly to have a SSD that can be used for EVERYTHING.

That's why most PC mods have a 50 GB SSD along with a 1 or 2 TB HDD to go with it. But I bet you knew that :laugh:

Aronbafon
You must have one hell of a HDD to support that much (actually, a regular 500 GB HDD could support that.....but with little breathing room for other ****)

Well mine is a 1.5TB, then again was rather cheap as the regular 500 - 640 GB's were in the same price class as it.

Status
Not open for further replies.