Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger Ver.FOURze Created by the majestic, magnificent HIDDEN MASTA!

Lurker
Why couldn't it have been Asao Kobayashi (Vul-Panther) working at the new Snack Safari? Poor dude; he OFFERED TO DO GOKAIGER FOR FREE.

Apparently there was some controversy online over the way he was acting during the earthquake last year. Something about him predicting the first quake but then after he got everyone's attention, he started only posting information on his pay-to-read blog as well as auctioning off bottled water at high prices or some ****. I don't really know the details but it seems likely toei wouldn't want to associate with him after that.

If that's true, then wow. I guess that's one of the reasons why Toei went for Takayuki Godai (Takayuki Hiba/Vul Eagle II) instead of him.

DAIMON PAWNCH
My opinion when it comes to Sun Vulcan, the only one you can choose to appear is Vul-eagle... I don't know why, but he is the only one out of the three that would be choosable...perhaps cause their is only three in their group or something, I don't know

Lurker
Did a count up, out of 192 people, 59 sentai members appeared (this includes Dragon Ranger and Time Fire)

You mean out of 186 (as there's at least 5 actors who played as two different Rangers, plus the actor that played as KiRanger I that's deceased). Oh yeah, & let's not forget the actor that played as Ninjaman, which would make that 187 out of 193.

4 out of those 5 actors returned, & they're the ones who played as

Both AoRanger & Big One,
Both Battle Kenya & Denji Blue,
Both Goggle Black & Dyna Black, &
Both Ninja Red & Black Knight Hyuuga.

Only actor missing is the one who played as both Change Pegasus & DragonRanger.

My opinion when it comes to Sun Vulcan, the only one you can choose to appear is Vul-eagle... I don't know why, but he is the only one out of the three that would be choosable...perhaps cause there is only three in their group or something, I don't know

I agree with this.

Last edited:
Super Moderator
I've been disappointed with the way Gokaiger's ended, and I'm talking about the last several episodes. It definitely didn't end like I expected it to; I thought it would be on a much grander scale to match the premiere. (The show came in like a lion and went out like a lamb.)

Well, the show opens with the 199 battle and you're not gonna have 199 Battle II: Hey Evil, F**K U! if the teams don't have their powers. If the GoKaigers are having to hand the powers back before the final battle then you kind of rob them of their major schtick, which is being the team that change into other Sentai teams.

I can kind of see where you are coming from though. I just think what it may have lacked in scale it made up for in coherence and payoff of the teams own story. If anything I have more problems with the middle of the series than I do the ending.

But, on the bright side, at least the finale didn't leave on a cliffhanger for the sake of promoting an upcoming shitty movie, and at least the show didn't end up being a dream -- two theories that the Japanese fans were kicking around about the finale. And I'm definitely disappointed that it didn't turn out to be the Cameopalooza everyone was expecting. :(

While the episode was not a cameopalooza, we had a really good cameofest at the ending and I liked that the context of that was all the heroes getting their powers back which itself was a great image to end on after the team had spent the last episodes needing to make a choice between their treasure which will let them remake time anyway they want, or Super Sentai (and by extension Earth itself).

I even liked what they did with Goushi because as a Super Sentai hero himself he's probably not going to immediately think of his team and the others in inspirational terms, he's just wanting to protect the Earth so the logical thing from his perspective is too wish the Zangyak away if such a power exists.

So I liked that the dilemma even extended to Gai, whose entire character is kind of based on being the ultimate Super Sentai fan and that he makes the choice any true Sentai hero would, to stand proudly with his friends and fight until the battle is won and the Earth is saved.

Last edited:
DAIMON PAWNCH
You mean out of 186 (as there's at least 5 actors who played as two different Rangers, plus the actor that played as KiRanger I that's deceased). Oh yeah, & let's not forget the actor that played as Ninjaman, which would make that 187 out of 193.

4 out of those 5 actors returned, & they're the ones who played as

Both AoRanger & Big One,
Both Battle Kenya & Denji Blue,
Both Goggle Black & Dyna Black, &
Both Ninja Red & Black Knight Hyuuga.

Only actor missing is the one who played as both Change Pegasus & DragonRanger.

I wasn't really going by actors in my counting, but more on the characters that appeared (pretending actors didn't replay characters), and in my count up, I did include Ninjaman

Also, the characters that were in the Legend War I didn't include (since that technically was suppose to have all 192 in it, and back ground characters that were suppose to represent characters from the show)

Would like to change his avatar
If that's true, then wow. I guess that's one of the reasons why Toei went for Takayuki Godai (Takayuki Hiba/Vul Eagle II) instead of him.

Hiba was a popular character, and Godai seems like a cool guy, and he has still done stuff for Toei, so they probably would have went with him, anyway. But with how much the Japanese fandom loves Sunvulcan, I think they would have easily worked in two cameos if they had wanted to get Panther.

Goranger's a little foggy for me (84 episodes!), so I can't quite remember if the Snack Gon ended up being destroyed in the show. But I'm surprised they didn't work that place in there instead of the Snack Safari again. :shrug:

Well, the show opens with the 199 battle and you're not gonna have 199 Battle II: Hey Evil, F**K U! if the teams don't have their powers. If the GoKaigers are having to hand the powers back before the final battle then you kind of rob them of their major schtick, which is being the team that change into other Sentai teams.

I don't know...there's a lot of this show that plays fast and loose with logic, so I think they could have given the old heroes their powers back and just screwed the schtick. (Ever wonder how different the show would have been if it hadn't taken Decade's schtick?) Part of their growth from selfish to selfless would also be in learning how to depend on others (the other Sentai teams, who they came to genuinely respect by the time of the Greatest Treasure stuff), and I think they could have had the old heroes fighting the cannon fodder while the Gokaiger took on the Zangyaku bosses.

Even if they just gave Keys back to the people who guested in the show to help in the final battle, which would let the Gokaiger still have a majority of the Keys to use...

I don't think it's a bad finale, just a little underwhelming, IMO. I thought the episode where the Gokaiger find their Great Power seemed more finale-like.

Last edited:
While the episode was not a cameopalooza

That's what twitter is for!:laugh: You get past actors tweeting in character about having their ranger key returned. See below

[hide] Q5vjz.png[/hide]

Lurker
While the episode was not a cameopalooza, we had a really good cameofest at the ending and I liked that the context of that was all the heroes getting their powers back which itself was a great image to end on after the team had spent the last episodes needing to make a choice between their treasure which will let them remake time anyway they want, or Super Sentai (and by extension Earth itself).

I even liked what they did with Goushi because as a Super Sentai hero himself he's probably not going to immediately think of his team and the others in inspirational terms, he's just wanting to protect the Earth so the logical thing from his perspective is too wish the Zangyak away if such a power exists.

So I liked that the dilemma even extended to Gai, whose entire character is kind of based on being the ultimate Super Sentai fan and that he makes the choice any true Sentai hero would, to stand proudly with his friends and fight until the battle is won and the Earth is saved.

I totally agree. Using the treasure would not only make all the powers of Goranger to Goseiger disappear, but all of the members of Goranger to Goseiger would vanish. So not only would it just take away the powers, but it would also kill 192 people (or 186 actors/actresses, & 192 suits). The Gokaigers would've basically committed murder if they were to go through that. That's why Gai or the other Gokaigers couldn't do it at all & why Gai destroyed the treasure, because it was all bad news from the start.

I would've lost all the respect I had for the Gokaigers if they used it, because it would've made them hypocrites in which they declared to protect the earth & the people along with it, & not kill the good guys.

Hiba was a popular character, and Godai seems like a cool guy, and he has still done stuff for Toei, so they probably would have went with him, anyway. But with how much the Japanese fandom loves Sunvulcan, I think they would have easily worked in two cameos if they had wanted to get Panther.

Also agree. Takayuki Hiba/Vul-Eagle II was one of my favorite characters from Super Sentai.

D

Dr Kain

Wow, just wow. That has got to be one of the best Sentai endings I have ever seen. The final battle was just epic, and they did not use a mech to defeat the emperor. That is amazing. I am impressed that Toei did not drop the ball at all. I mean, even though Aba and Geki had some good endings, but this puts them to shame. In fact, based on the endings for the series chronologically, I have to say this is the best ending since CarRanger. That was just all kinds of awesome. Toei has a lot to live up to with Gobusters, so they better show they can do two good Sentai series in a row again as it has been 10 years since they pulled that off. Nevertheless, I cannot wait until the vs movie comes out.