GAMMA TSUNAMI! (╯°□°)╯︵
I got really excited when I heard about it. But after hearing the story would be set 17 years after the events of Soul Calibur IV not so much anymore.

Anyways here's the trailer

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbIjwEHgtbc&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - SOULCALIBUR V Teaser Trailer[/ame]

I got really excited when I heard about it. But after hearing the story would be set 17 years after the events of Soul Calibur IV not so much anymore.

People said the same thing about Tekken 3 and it turned out to be one of the greatest games in the series. Who cares if the story is 17 years later? Nobody plays fighting games specifically for the story anyway... As long as it retains the better characters and gameplay from the previous installments, that's all that matters.

So far in the roster, we got...

Old:
- Siegfried
- Nightmare
- Mitsurugi
- Ivy
- Astaroth
- Maxi
- Tira
- Hilde
- Voldo
- Raphael
- Aeon Calcos/Lizardman
- Cervantes
- Yoshimitsu
- Dampierre
&
- Algol
- Edge Master

New:
- Patroklos
- Pyrrha
- Natsu
- Z.W.E.I.
- Violet
- Leixia
- Xiba

Guest:
- Ezio
- Harada

Wished Dante would've been in the game as a guest.
So far Talim, Yun-Seong & Zasalamel haven't been shown yet. All there's left of the new are Mitsurugi's brother & Bangoo.

Webslinger
I hope this is better than 4 and I really hope that they put back the regular battle options they took off from 4 like team battle and whatever else they removed. I'm also pissed that they removed Setsuka who was my main. I mean c'mon she was only in the game since part 3 and is still kinda new. But who knows maybe they might surprise us all and let us buy old characters.

Lurker
I hope this is better than 4 and I really hope that they put back the regular battle options they took off from 4 like team battle and whatever else they removed. I'm also pissed that they removed Setsuka who was my main. I mean c'mon she was only in the game since part 3 and is still kinda new. But who knows maybe they might surprise us all and let us buy old characters.

the news in here is quite stagnant

the 2 main characters, patro and pyrrha has selectable alternate forms(which is probably one of the many final bosses), patro's alternate will use setsuka's style

the other 2 secret characters being kilik and sopithia(also probable final bosses), both are mokujin/edge master/olcadan-like characters but the difference being they will mimic characters that DIDN'T MAKE IT to SCV(kilik for male, sophi for female) meaning the styles of zasalamel, yunseong, talim, etc will still be in the game even though the character's aren't

here's the pics
[HIDE]
img1658pk.jpg

img1659w.jpg
[/HIDE]
see those two in the bottm corners? those are "super" patro and pyrrha

BELIEVE IN THE #KYOUKOARMY
Well, the game is now officially out; what does everyone think?

"Let's DRIVING!!!!!"
I had some guys at my college who just bought it the other day, and It was F*&*in' Awesome!!!

Besides the lack of story for the other characters and as the exclusion of the more popular SC Characters, I'd recommend it to those who want to continue with the series.:castlerock:

Eh. It's not a significant improvement over IV, and it's nowhere near as good as II was, but it's still playable.

7/10