"Training."
Let's go back to 2009. What if Decade was a film series throughout 2009 to January 2010 alongside W's series? The series will just focus on the 9 Heisei Riders individually as crossover movies plus a final 10th movie that unites them together with W as well. No Showa Riders, Nega World, DaiShocker etc. Just the 9 Heisei Riders. Do you think it would've been possible? I mean after the Den-o Trilogy and increasing amount of movies per year I say they could pull it off. Or bunch them together in groups to minimise the amount of movies. They could have one special episode before W airs that explained Decade's movie series. The movies will serve as a reintroduction to the past 10 years to the new audience while making older fans feel nostalgic. They can be alternate versions/actors like the series or straight up original actors in a alternate story.

E.g

All 9 Heisei Riders exist in one world...

Movie 1 (January) - Kuuga, Kiva and Ryuki

Movie 2 (April) - Blade, Faiz and Agito

Movie 3 (July) - Kabuto, Den-o and Hibiki

Movie 4 (December) - Final movie

OR

Nine individual crossover movies where Decade passes through worlds.

Thoughts?

I believe Decade should've been a film series.

Last edited:
I think that Decade as a film series would work, post series. Since it could still showcase the older Riders. To where they won't be shelved again. Not to mention that Decade is very flexable, especially when it comes to crossovers.

I heard he was supposed to be a movie-only Rider, but since Toei just loves their money, they decided to give him a series.

Mr. Kamen Rider
I think the whole 10th Anniversary concept was never really that great of an idea and felt it was a weight around the show's neck by the end. I prefer the Decade we got, I just wish they'd saved it for a real anniversary and included every Rider. It would have been possible to basically still do the first half of the series as-is, and then expand in the second half, almost doing it like a journey through Rider in reverse-order. But really, it just seems like a waste to limit Decade (a concept that allows you to go anywhere) to nine random series that, outside of the larger context of being Kamen Rider, really weren't considered to be a very cohesive thing before that.

As for the story itself, I think it would lend itself better to a full series rather than movies or even the shorter series we got.

Last edited:
Super Moderator
Anything that would have helped Decade be a coherent story with an actual payoff and not a "drink your Ovaltine" ending would have been nice.

You could have had the series focus on the 10th Heisei Anniversary and then get into the overall Rider Anniversary with the movies.

Last edited:
"Training."
It pretty obvious that Toei could not restrain themselves to venture into the Showa Era/Super Sentai since Decade can practically anywhere. After the 9 Heisei Riders it pretty much went into 40th Anniversary mode. So that is why I think Decade should've been handled as a film only Rider. Bring him in for crossovers only. W can do Heisei Anniversary references without crossovers and Decade handles that in the cinemas. By 2011 Decade can come back to team up with Fourze and the Double Riders as the 40th Anniversary All Rider movie.

2009 - 2010 = W's full series + Decade Heisei Rider crossover movies

2010 = OOO series (Resting phase)

2011 = Fourze series + Decade, Fourze All Rider movie

Decade as film series = Big No NO!

Cause we have to wait 6+ months for EACH movie to release on DVD, if you don't live in Japan. I can't even imagine if a Rider series was in films only. I was foaming at the mouth waiting for Final Countdown and the first Movie War to come out! The horrors......

Plus, I don't think Toei would get good merchandising sales if something celebrating an anniversary was film only. I'm looking at YOU OOO TaMaShii form and New Den-O w/o the Momo sword. :mad:

I prefer the Decade we got as well. Watching Decade as it aired was the most fun I've ever had watching Rider so far. (Well, I was getting into the franchise when Decade started to air). I can't wait to see him again in KR vs SS film...... in 2013:shakefist

Shyni
Perhaps Decade as only movies might not be all that good, but a bunch of post-series movies might work . I mean, like IgaDevil said, decade's concept allows the story to go anywhere. There are just sooo many possibilities.

It kinda disappoints Decade was terrible. Your're right. It would been better off as a movie... or if it became a perfect TV show with all the riders in the correct anniversary, Decade would give the Heisei and Showa riders upgrades, and powers from theirs.

And Decade would've been better off as a cyborg created to destroy them in revenge, but then he becomes reborn as a hero.