J

Juspion

Wataru Shijima's makai knight name is Raimei Kishi Baron (Thunder Knight Baron)

My first post will be to this excellent tokusatsu Garo.

So, this second season is good, but I think is too slow, I know first season was slow too, until episode 17 when the thing start to heating up. But in episode 14 in the first series we had more interesting elements, like the revenge of Zero, the Horror blood issue with Kaoru, we started to suspect about the true intentions of the three dogwatchers, we knew about Barago, etc.

Now we have almost nothing, only the red mask guy and the curse of kouga/rei, well we can add the suspiction about Leo but is lack of plot elements to keep the real interest. Sorry mabe I´m a little impatient.

I think the choreographies were better in first season, I mean are good now but in first series were REALLY GOOD. Maybe I´m just missing Musashi/Kodama too much xD

But, overall, at this point is a really good secuel and I´m enjoying a lot :D

J

Juspion

To be fair, the Barago plot point in season 1 was slow and we don't know much about him. The buildup was not too engaging, the only thing we knew was that he was Taiga's former student and the one who killed him in episode 12. Suddenly, he was the main villain in the final episodes. If he wasn't played by the excellent Masaki Kyomoto, there would be nothing great about him.

Rei's revenge element was also stretching it out a bit, considering that Kiba and Garo's wasn't that similar and the only other thing that make him sure was the three watchdogs telling him that Kouga killed his family, which we don't get a reason why Rei would trust them more than Kouga

Last edited by a moderator:
"Training."
Episode 14 was interesting. But really IMO this new series has been very boring.

It didn´t have been boring for me, but I think the main problem, as already said is the lack of interaction between the characters. We had episodes focused in certain characters when we want to see how develop the relations between them.

I just hope future episodes where they all participate as a group.

Eye See You
Ep 6 was a sad one. I felt bad for the parents. Nice to see Zero back in full action. It was Kamen Rider Faiz vs. kamen Rider Ryuki in this episode.

Eye See You
That entire fight scene in episode 7 just blew my fucking mind... Holy ****. Even the CGI looked good. Toei needs to take a lesson on from these guys on how to do good CGI.

Not-So-Rabid Blade Fangirl
Ok, I'm confused about 13... What happened to Zaruba? No one was at all surprised that he was having problems, but there was no foreshadowing that I can remember that would suggest it. :sly:

Ok, I'm confused about 13... What happened to Zaruba? No one was at all surprised that he was having problems, but there was no foreshadowing that I can remember that would suggest it. :sly:

I was confused too. I think, based on the character's actions, that Zaruba had that condition before, but it happened off screen. Although, I don't remember at the top of my head if it happened before in the previous series. There was an episode about Kouga going to Amon to have Zaruba checked on, like a annual check-up with a doctor. And since Amon is dead, that's why Kouga asked Jabi for help.

I didn't mind it though since we had ALOT of Jabi action this episode!! :buttrock: