True, it's not a terribly well-edited preview but the footage itself looks pretty sweeeeeeeet. Especially the minatures. Oh lord, the miniatures. The Dyna/Arstron battle looks like it's going to... well. You know what these things do to me.

What's really sad about this trailer is how much it reeks of desperation on TPC's part. It's all, "LOOK, AKB48! DAIGO! Ultraman Cosmos! Takeshi Tsuruno! DYNA! AKB48! Please give us money... Q___________Q" Given the downward slide of box office returns on the post-Super 8 films, it does make a certain bit of sense, I guess, but it's still terribly sad to see. I still have full faith in director Hideki Oka and writer Keiichi Hasegawa to make a solid film, however, and hopefully the full theatrical trailer will be as slick as the last three films' have been.

SLICE
I don't mind if they update the voices with how the actors have changed. Especially for an Ultra like Dyna.

"Training."
FOR THE LAST TIME, JUST USE BATTLE VOICES FROM THE TV SERIES!!! >____<

This...

I hate the higher pitched voice of Dyna. I loved the low pitched voice in the series. Also is it me or did Cosmos get the wrong voice? It sounds like the voice for Corona or Eclipse. :sly:

Lurker
The only thing I'm disappointed about the new trailer is...

WHY NO Super GUTS FOOTAGE !?

They better make a short trailer showing all the Super GUTS members. Love Daigo's and Musashi's transformation scene but why didn't they show Asuka's ?

Daigo is the actor, the character is Taiga. Also, we haven't seen any Ultra Brothers versus Bat's modified Kaiju footage yet either so be patient! :p

On a side note, I love the color correction they've done for Alien Bat's scene here:

YRofCl.jpg
iQPdWl.jpg

I suspect there's still a chance I may ultimately prefer Ultraman Zero the Movie to this one purely in terms of story but I'm liking the look of this film a lot.

Last edited:
Friendship and the Cosmos.
NEW PREVIEW.

????????????????PV - YouTube

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
LOL. I seriously hope that wasn't the trailer. I was just praying and praying I would hear Tsuruno's 'Kimi dake wo mamoritai' or some Ultra related song like Dream Fighter or the Cosmos theme.

Meh. I like AKB but I was disappointed at the lack of everyone else in the movie. Though the trailer probably did get the attention of everyone with 'DAIGO' and 'AKB48' flashing everywhere.

That was obviously not the final theatrical trailer, just another promo. The theatrical trailers all follow a certain formula, chiefly that the second half prominently features the movie's theme song. This trailer is nothing like a typical theatrical trailer for an Ultraman movie.