Would like to change his avatar
- Liveman episode 1 is one of my favourite first episode of tokusatsu ever

Liveman episode 1 rocks -- it's personally my favorite Sentai first episode. Only a few people complain about it, really. (And that's just about the Liveman getting their ass kicked, which I think made sense and worked in that episode.)

I liked him when he wasn't a god
I do agree that it's a shame that Rio and Mele got so much screen time over the majority of the heroes, but it's always important for a story to have good antagonists. There should be a reason for them to be evil (not just appearing and wanting to destroy/take over the world) and we should want to see them beaten as badly as the heroes. This is one of Sentai's biggest flaws, and it's why Rio and Mele are probably the strongest villains we've ever had. They were actual three-dimensional characters, not comic book arch-types.

Mele struck me as a pretty flat character with no purpose other than fawning around after Rio, and Rio himself was a type I wouldn't like much even if he'd been on the heroes' side. So I'm pretty biased against them. I do see your points, however, and I think that Long would make my shortlist of best Sentai villains

It felt to me very much like Rio and Mele were characters that the audience was supposed to want to see redeemed, not beaten - even before it became apparent that Rio was being played by Long, he was presented mostly as misguided rather than evil

I've never seen the show discussed much, is it generally considered a bad show? If so, I definitely disagree.

A lot of people seem to not like it. It falls victim to some people's idea that "Sentai is only good every other year" i.e. they like Magiranger - Gekiranger - Shinkenger - Gokaiger and dislike Boukenger-Go-onger-Goseiger.

A lot of people seem to not like it. It falls victim to some people's idea that "Sentai is only good every other year" i.e. they like Magiranger - Gekiranger - Shinkenger - Gokaiger and dislike Boukenger-Go-onger-Goseiger.

The fandom seems to have this way of denying something's existence if it's really bad. I mean, I see all this Goseiger hate but I don't see the same rabid hate towards Go-onger, which was a worse series in every respect. It's like everyone just forgot it existed.

I hope it's not the same thing for Boukenger, because I really enjoyed that series.

I liked him when he wasn't a god
The fandom seems to have this way of denying something's existence if it's really bad. I mean, I see all this Goseiger hate but I don't see the same rabid hate towards Go-onger, which was a worse series in every respect. It's like everyone just forgot it existed.

Go-onger did get the same rabid hate while it was airing and during Shinkenger. It's just that now fandom has decided Goseiger is worse ...

nonexistent
I like Goseiger and I don't think it's as bad as people say even thou the Yuumajuu arc was depressing and bad but they have some episodes that I like in that arc.

Last edited:
SLICE
I....watched the last episode and thought it was mediocre.

It had the right idea, in places, but really failed to deliver.

Oh and MAGIC MAGICAL MAGIC THE PROBLEMS AWAY WITH MAGIC.

As for my unpopular opinion?

Bioman and Liveman are the only two good sentais ever.

And Bioman may only be so because it's got the best dub ever.

Super Moderator
Do you have any thoughts and opinions that contrast with what other people think? Is there a time where you feel like you're the black sheep of a fandom just because everyone claims something is brain-meltingly awesome when you think it's not such a big deal?

Darker isn't always better. Using "dark" as a gauge if quality is dumb. I don't get the desire to see colorful things from your childhood turned into R rated horror movies. While it's cool to have things around like Garo for example to scratch the itch for horror themed superheroes or to have it as an element like in Kuuga which is a favorite series of mine I am ultimately glad that Rider and Sentai exist mainly for the young and the young at heart.

Which is where I think superheroes work best anyways. Some eras of Sentai and Rider will of course lean lighter or darker but they won't be swallowed down into the same abyss of gratuitous grimdark, pretentiousness, and cheap shock that American superhero comics fell into.

Which has made tokusatsu not only a cool thing in and of itself that combines so many things I very much enjoy (movies, marital arts, superheroes) but also as a wonderful alternative for this superhero fan.

I actually do not like Agito. Granted, I've barely seen Agito apart from YouTube clips. I actually picked up tokusatsu again at YouTube's earlier years when copyright wasn't that annoying but the only glimpses of toku you found were MVs. I was more excited to watch Faiz after seeing his Crimson Smashes (regular and Axel). It was more on the first impression the Riders made and Agito did not make a good one.

-Faiz, Blade, Kabuto and Kiva are freakin' awesome Kamen Rider series. They have flaws, yeah, but they are still good.

-Diend made Decade more entertaining.

-I found the Kamen Rider Skull storyline in W to be boring.

-While not being one of the best KR series, OOO was pretty fun to watch.

more add-ons!

- Kamen Rider is overrated. no matter where I go, there will be people who claims their favourite Toku is none other than this.

- Kamen Rider's multiple forms are as bad as the clusterfucks in Sentai, regardless if the writer is good at handling it or not.

- Ankh's hair is as stupid as Gentaro's and he makes his image look even worst by applying eyeliner.

- I find it amusing that fans try to find something to complain about Sentai but Kamen Rider is 100% perfect in their eyes.