Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger Ver.FOURze Created by the majestic, magnificent HIDDEN MASTA!

Minato Ascending
I feel jipped that we never got tributes for some of the shows because of Basco. Perhaps those alumni could appear once Basco is defeated?.

I always assume that the reason why Basco had those 5 Ultimate Powers is because Toei couldn't get any of the actors from those sentai series, so doing this way would avoid the need for a tribute episode. However, I don't know what the story is behind the scene so this assumption may be false.

Eye See You
Yeah, but Change Griffin's confirmed to appear in the show...! :dance: (You don't need the tribute episodes to have guests, and Toei should have realized that episodes ago.)

Excellent. Like I said, Basco will lose and the 5 powers he has will be released and given to the Gokaiger. So I guess it's our boy Griffin that will be the one to pass it on to them which is fine. But still, the 4 other teams deserve something in there in terms of cameo.

But wouldn't that kinda make it pointless to have a tribute episode for that team then?

Nah man. Remember when Adam showed up out of nowhere in PRiS?.

Budou though
I wonder if Saban will have access to footage that was shot and not used... :hmm:
when was the last time saban or even disney kept the same setting for their adaptions? when and if saban does gokaiger, they'll have to keep the gokai galleon obviously but the inside will be totally different unless they somehow built an exact replica of the inside of the gokai galleon for power rangers pirates

Not-So-Rabid Blade Fangirl
Probably, but doesn't mean they couldn't use the footage for a random suit-only encounter. Then again, since Saban should have access to all the suits from shooting Gokai, they could just film their own version of that if they wanted to. Hopefully with a better looking "Green Ranger" suit this time. :shakefist

I just always thought there was a way to feature guest-stars without using the standard "tribute"/Legend episodes format. It didn't always need to be "This episodes begins with Navi's clue; the Gokaiger mistake clue for this; they come across Sentai member; Sentai member gives the Great Power; Gokaiger transform into that team while the OP instrumental plays."

Like...maybe this is a little too cutesy, but I think they could have combined shows that share similar themes. Like the school Sentais -- an episode with Riki/Red Turbo, Gaku/Five Red, Kenta/Mega Red. It would be cool to see people from different old teams share the screen, but you'd also be knocking out three shows in one episode. :shrug:

Like the (now proven false) rumors of the five people (Vul-Eagle, Change Griffin, Green Flash, Blue Mask, Five Yellow) returning to get revenge on Basco in one episode -- that sounded to me like it could have been cooler than a regular styled tribute.
I could see that working but then it would have to be for all the teams cause if even one team got an episode to themselves then the unpleasable fans would accuse them of just lumping the unwanted teams together. Although I do see what you mean by mixing cameo with plot.

Now that somebody has translated the website where the image came from, rather than just jumping to "POWER RANGERS REFERENCE!", it says that the director of that episode also directed episodes of Zyuranger, he just wanted to have more scenes with that team, but it was cut for time. It's also the only time we've had a full transformation of them, since last time we didn't have Gai for Dragon Ranger. That's it, it had nothing to do with MMPR.
IT HAD EVERYTHING TO DO WITH MMPR!!!! *throws you off cliff*

Would like to change his avatar
I always assume that the reason why Basco had those 5 Ultimate Powers is because Toei couldn't get any of the actors from those sentai series

I don't think that's the case. You had guys like Vul-Panther offering to do the show for free and Change Griffin and Red Flash saying they wanted to do the show. (Well, they got Griffin, so...)

I think Toei just kinda started freaking out about how many shows were left and decided to do the combos, figuring they could still do an episode if there was time. That, and I think there's ageism involved.

But still, the 4 other teams deserve something in there in terms of cameo.

They might -- Griffin's one of the only old guys who has a blog, so that's how it's known he's doing the show.

It's just really uncertain whether or not they can coax Blue Mask into returning -- he's the best shot for getting someone from Maskman. None of them act anymore, but he's the only one who's been in the public eye recently, doing a lot of fan events.

I don't think that's the case. You had guys like Vul-Panther offering to do the show for free and Change Griffin and Red Flash saying they wanted to do the show. (Well, they got Griffin, so...)

I think Toei just kinda started freaking out about how many shows were left and decided to do the combos, figuring they could still do an episode if there was time. That, and I think there's ageism involved.

They might -- Griffin's one of the only old guys who has a blog, so that's how it's known he's doing the show.

It's just really uncertain whether or not they can coax Blue Mask into returning -- he's the best shot for getting someone from Maskman. None of them act anymore, but he's the only one who's been in the public eye recently, doing a lot of fan events.
I think there are a lot of factors that make it harder then it looks. Who's still acting, when there available, which or there writers know enough about that season to write a decent script, and yes even ageism but I don't think the ageism is as bad as every one thinks. Think about if they were really going on what there main demographic would remember we wouldn't of seen Dairanger or Caranger. I mean even Hurricanger is 10 years old and 10 is barley the age Sentai is for. I also think they panicked a little and decided to give a bunch of powers during the movie, most of which they figured were shows they couldn't get cameo's for, and figured they could just write around them already having the power if they got an actor to come back. Although really surprised we never got Big One in a JAKQ episode. I mean....come on...

Eye See You

Give me Griffin and Blue Mask and I'll be happier than a homosexual at a hair salon getting a mani/pedi.