Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger Ver.FOURze Created by the majestic, magnificent HIDDEN MASTA!

Lurker
I liked the way that Don told Marvelous to cut it out with his constant "hand over your ultimate power to us" earlier. You would've thought Marvelous would've learned by now that you got to earn them (or to earn the past sentai warriors trust for them), LOL.

Considering how Saban stick as closely as they can to the sentai stories, so they have to refilm as little as possible, I really can't see them doing too much for the anniversary. Maybe they'll go out and really treat the fans, but considering the majority of people currently watching Samurai aren't old enough to know what SPD is, let alone MMPR, and the people who are old enough to remember will ***** about it regardless, so I don't see why they'd go to the effort. Maybe they will, maybe they won't, but it just doesn't seem likely to me.

I'm also not sure why whenever Zyuranger appears in Gokaiger, people assume they must be there as a tribute to Power Rangers. Again, I really don't think the Japanese writers/producers consider this at all. If it was meant as a tribute, why wasn't Gai Kibaranger? It just seems like they were supposed to have more scenes showing off their powers, and it makes sense for them to do this with a team that's been underutilized.

I'm certainly not a Power Rangers hater, and I'm not trying to act like I don't want anything to do with it in Sentai... It just seems like people are grasping at straws and trying to connect every little thing.

Agreed. What PR fans fail to realize, is that Gokaiger isn't exactly targeted towards the western audience. That's what the Gokaiger adaptation is for.

As for those of you that are whining about no Zyuranger tribute episode; They aren't going to do a tribute for Zyuranger at all, guys, because they couldn't get back any actors (or the lonely actress, Reiko Chiba) from Zyuranger to appear in Gokaiger. Deal with it. The series is nearly over. Maybe they'll have a MMPR tribute episode for the Gokaiger adaptation, but as far as Gokaiger does, it's not happening.

Last edited:
Some kind of Beast mode
Nobody has a damn thing to whine about Gokaiger. There can be things you can prefer have happened, like see a team you liked have a tribute ep; but that shouldn't be an itch either because Toei did the best they can with this Anniversary, and then some.

We're getting the Kamen Rider treatment as far as films go, which was due.

Gokaiger wasn't perfect, but the imperfections are similar to that of past recent Sentai's. They are specifically Sentai imperfections, not Anniversary imperfections.

Kuuguitar
Nobody has a damn thing to whine about Gokaiger. There can be things you can prefer have happened, like see a team you liked have a tribute ep; but that shouldn't be an itch either because Toei did the best they can with this Anniversary, and then some.

We're getting the Kamen Rider treatment as far as films go, which was due.

Gokaiger wasn't perfect, but the imperfections are similar to that of past recent Sentai's. They are specifically Sentai imperfections, not Anniversary imperfections.

Yeah, expecting Super Sentai to be more than a show aimed at young kids (ironic, given how the fanservice has alienated the kid demographic) is silly.

Eye See You
I feel jipped that we never got tributes for some of the shows because of Basco. Perhaps those alumni could appear once Basco is defeated?.

I'm also not sure why whenever Zyuranger appears in Gokaiger, people assume they must be there as a tribute to Power Rangers. Again, I really don't think the Japanese writers/producers consider this at all. If it was meant as a tribute, why wasn't Gai Kibaranger? It just seems like they were supposed to have more scenes showing off their powers, and it makes sense for them to do this with a team that's been underutilized.
I don't think it's a tribute whenever it happens but that deleted scene with Ninjaman...I know they know were watching....and that's all I need.

Would like to change his avatar
I feel jipped that we never got tributes for some of the shows because of Basco. Perhaps those alumni could appear once Basco is defeated?.

Yeah, but Change Griffin's confirmed to appear in the show...! :dance: (You don't need the tribute episodes to have guests, and Toei should have realized that episodes ago.)

Yeah, but Change Griffin's confirmed to appear in the show...! :dance: (You don't need the tribute episodes to have guests, and Toei should have realized that episodes ago.)
But wouldn't that kinda make it pointless to have a tribute episode for that team then?

Would like to change his avatar
But wouldn't that kinda make it pointless to have a tribute episode for that team then?

I just always thought there was a way to feature guest-stars without using the standard "tribute"/Legend episodes format. It didn't always need to be "This episodes begins with Navi's clue; the Gokaiger mistake clue for this; they come across Sentai member; Sentai member gives the Great Power; Gokaiger transform into that team while the OP instrumental plays."

Like...maybe this is a little too cutesy, but I think they could have combined shows that share similar themes. Like the school Sentais -- an episode with Riki/Red Turbo, Gaku/Five Red, Kenta/Mega Red. It would be cool to see people from different old teams share the screen, but you'd also be knocking out three shows in one episode. :shrug:

Like the (now proven false) rumors of the five people (Vul-Eagle, Change Griffin, Green Flash, Blue Mask, Five Yellow) returning to get revenge on Basco in one episode -- that sounded to me like it could have been cooler than a regular styled tribute.

I don't think it's a tribute whenever it happens but that deleted scene with Ninjaman...I know they know were watching....and that's all I need.

Now that somebody has translated the website where the image came from, rather than just jumping to "POWER RANGERS REFERENCE!", it says that the director of that episode also directed episodes of Zyuranger, he just wanted to have more scenes with that team, but it was cut for time. It's also the only time we've had a full transformation of them, since last time we didn't have Gai for Dragon Ranger. That's it, it had nothing to do with MMPR.

Not-So-Rabid Blade Fangirl
I wonder if Saban will have access to footage that was shot and not used... :hmm: