Viewing Globe - Serious Talk For Serious People Such As Ourselves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Super Moderator
But...I lent you Mistborn and Game of Thrones last time! Possibly it should be "Continue being Angie's Book Crack Tambourine Man" edition. :loltongue:

Sounds about right. I have half a mind to hijack my mother's iPad and buy the rest of the "Song of Ice and Fire" series to read... but if I'm going to do that, I may as well buy the book... and why bother buying the book when you have the second one in your possession for me to read for free? :p

I wish I still knew many people at that store... The only ones left I worked with are basically the manager and assistant manager. I trained both of them. :laugh:

I feel the same way about the Cafe people at my old store (though the new manager trained them not to give discounts to former employees anymore since the employee discount for Barnes's cafe purchases were 50%).

Still. The only reason why I would camp out at my old store was because not only I was able to get a discount, I basically was able to chill with all my old friends and coworkers during their breaks and lunches and still be able to study or work on projects.

---

So, I finally created my own website as a base of operations for all that I do on the Internet. I still have a personal blog to create and setting up a blogging schedule for everything.

Went through a total identity crisis trying to figure out how to design it and what content to put in it and there's still a nagging shadow that makes me feel that I'm totally undeserving of having one when there's so much better people out there lol

Not-So-Rabid Blade Fangirl
Sounds about right. I have half a mind to hijack my mother's iPad and buy the rest of the "Song of Ice and Fire" series to read... but if I'm going to do that, I may as well buy the book... and why bother buying the book when you have the second one in your possession for me to read for free? :p

I know! Free is always a better price. :p

I feel the same way about the Cafe people at my old store (though the new manager trained them not to give discounts to former employees anymore since the employee discount for Barnes's cafe purchases were 50%).

Wait, you still got a discount after you quit? Man, I never had that at Starbucks! Well, not quite. My old manager gave me a discount on my favorite kind of tea when they doubled the price last year. :redface2:

I go in there too often to ever get a discount, but to be fair, I'd never ask for one. I bet I could have gotten one for quite a while afterward if I'd asked... But didn't want to get anyone in trouble. *shrug*

So, I finally created my own website as a base of operations for all that I do on the Internet. I still have a personal blog to create and setting up a blogging schedule for everything.

Went through a total identity crisis trying to figure out how to design it and what content to put in it and there's still a nagging shadow that makes me feel that I'm totally undeserving of having one when there's so much better people out there lol

I had a blog at one point... I got sick of writing the minutae of my life and stopped updating it. :laugh: I'd occasionally have good stuff to say, but not often enough to do more than the occasional note on facebook.

In Justice, We Trust!
I had a blog at one point... I got sick of writing the minutae of my life and stopped updating it. :laugh: I'd occasionally have good stuff to say, but not often enough to do more than the occasional note on facebook.

Yeah. I use to have a blog too, but I'm not a very interesting person to keep it updated every single week LOL. Although, lately I've been really considering making another one and doing written toy reviews on it.

Not-So-Rabid Blade Fangirl
Penultimate Christmas Caroling gig completed! One more on Christmas Eve and then I'm done for the year. :thumbs:

We had a gig at a friend's party on Saturday, so we got to ham up absolutely everything in a way that we just can't get away with at country clubs. It was awesome. We had the entire party in stitches at a couple points. :laugh:

Banned
I really love that site Angie!
:thumbs:

Sadly i'm one of those that is bursting with idea's, but there is a blockage of actually getting those idea's on paper, let alone enacting them.

I think i need a medium, someone to tell and explain those idea's to who can better form them into tangible things IRL. Like a Beta Reader for idea's and concepts.

Eye See You
Wait... does Toku look better or worse in HD?!

Better. Depending on how far you go back, like 70's Toku you sometimes see the actual string holding the flying models which is fucken jokes. But I've only experienced that with the 70's Kamen Rider movies. But yeah, HD Tokusatsu is sex for the eyes.

This Christmas, my annoying Aunt is coming over. She's sleeping in my room. I need to take my chair out so she can sit somewhere.

Only problem? The chair is HUGE, and made of Wood. So it's heavy as balls. Not to mention it's really wide (about 33 inches) while my room doorway is about 20 inches. If the chair's ever coming out, it's gonna have to be turned and contorted in ways unimaginable. It's a miracle the damn thing got in there in the first place!

At this point, I'm just hoping my Aunt will catch a cold, so we don't have to deal with her ass. (Horrible, yes but I'm DESPERATE.)

Dude, just move the chair and drink a beer and #forgettaboutit

405701_10100482805490817_9616178_50635222_366744793_n.jpg

Z is a happy boy

Which cookies are those?. My God my mouth is watering.

Penultimate Christmas Caroling gig completed!

I wish people did that here. Especially this year since nobody really seems to be in a Christmas mood.

Ham and country ribs.... Yum..

You always reveal my nick names.

Mad Skillz
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N01wtX1J5OI"][Buck's] Damn Them Short Power Ranger Swords...and Possums! - YouTube[/ame]

This is the greatest thing ever. That is all.

Status
Not open for further replies.