Status
Not open for further replies.
Kuuguitar
Ep 14 is easily the best ep of the series thus far. A shame it took the show this long to pump out a solid episode like this one though.

I was actually surprised to see KR Garren being one of the Horoscopes as well.

TACHIBANA-SAN! :laugh:

Hard Boiled (work in progress)
Yikes, that's unfortunate that Fourze has been getting low ratings. It's a really fun show! And it has Tomoko. Anything with Tomoko deserves nothing but the finest ratings. Decade had great ratings, huh? Now I'm kinda curious.

So, after looking around, I see that Kabuto had the lowest ratings. Surprising, as I thought Kabuto was a great revision.

Back on the topic of space, would anyone happen to have a vector of the KRC emblem?

Last edited:
正義の味方
I don't get how Fourze gets low ratings. With the MEGAMAX Movie reaching #1 at the box office (IIRC) and the Fourze Driver being in low supply compared to the high demand (Which means the toys are selling well), how can it get the said low ratings? Does the numbers imply that only a few are watching, or is it not that accurate of a representation of the actual number of people watching the show?

If someone told that all your favorite hero's were coming back you would watch it too. It's called pulling the wool over your eyes.

Considering how Decade's ratings for the first episode were actually fairly mediocre, that doesn't really work.

I don't get how Fourze gets low ratings. With the MEGAMAX Movie reaching #1 at the box office (IIRC) and the Fourze Driver being in low supply compared to the high demand (Which means the toys are selling well), how can it get the said low ratings? Does the numbers imply that only a few are watching, or is it not that accurate of a representation of the actual number of people watching the show?

Well, even with the lower ratings it gets these days, it's still a fairly big number of people following the show in general. Rider also still has 10-14+ ratings among kids demographics last time I saw numbers for those. The problem (for merchandising) will start if the ratings continue going downwards rather than stabilizing at some point. Then, the base audience who buys merchandising and watches movies might start disappearing.

On the other hand, I wonder what Tv Asahi's producers think about this. Rider seems to be what drives ratings to the other shows in that block, so lower Rider ratings result in lower ratings for everything...

Last edited:
Nice post!!
I honestly don't know if DVRs are very popular in Japan or not. I've tried to find out a few times and they don't seem to be, but my resources on this aren't the best.

With the MEGAMAX Movie reaching #1 at the box office (IIRC) and the Fourze Driver being in low supply compared to the high demand (Which means the toys are selling well), how can it get the said low ratings?

It is not at all unusual for a Rider's movie to do well while the actual TV show or merchandise line is struggling. This phenomena goes all the way back to Hibiki, where it influenced the infamous staff change-over at the shows 2/3 point.

Hibiki's movie used a separate producer who managed to make the film (and, it seems, it's merchandise) successful on roughly the same level as other Rider movies. Meanwhile, the TV producer was bringing in some of the worst ratings and toy sales the franchise had ever seen (at the time).

Different segments of a Rider franchise serve different audiences. So the people buying belts may not be interested in watching a TV show every week, but may still be interested enough to go on an outing to see Megamax (possibly with their families).

It's worth noting that last year, OOO managed consistent strong box office for movies and record-breaking toy sales, while its TV ratings declined pretty steadily. Fourze's ratings may be affected by the same trend and it may end up performing overall in a similar way.

Does the numbers imply that only a few are watching, or is it not that accurate of a representation of the actual number of people watching the show?

A major caveat to bear in mind when reading Japanese ratings is that most of the numbers we get only represent the Kanto region where Tokyo lies. This region contains roughly one-third of the Japanese population and how a show performs there is usually consistent with its performance in other regions.

Still, it's not too unusual for shows to chart a bit better in the rural regions. The thing to remember there, though, is that all of those regions have drastically smaller populations than Kanto. So if Fourze is pulling a 7% share in one of them, that still probably represents far fewer people overall than a 4.8% in Kanto does.

Mad Skillz
With as well as OOO seems to have done, and Fourze right on its tail supposedly, I wonder if Toei even plans to try and rejuvenate the TV series. Despite those low ratings, OOO gave Rider the strongest year it's ever seen in toy sales by a wide margin.
So, after looking around, I see that Kabuto had the lowest ratings. Surprising, as I thought Kabuto was a great revision.
Kiva actually has the lowest ratings, Kabuto is above OOO and Den-O. (though had pretty low toy sales, which always surprised me, figured after a year of weird Hibiki toys, futuristic stuff like Kabuto would boost sales up)

"Training."
From my limited understanding the Horoscopes's goal is to awaken all twelve commanders?

Status
Not open for further replies.