Protect IP Bill (E-Parasite)...is our Government getting more & more stupid?

The ones that use Facebook, Twitter, MySpace, & Youtube alone will give both the U.S. Congress & the U.S. Government hell. They're not just going to sit back & put up with it. No way. This will happen the same way that Japan's Government tried to make the used gaming market illegal. People will rebel against the Government, & the Government will remove the stupid bill (or law, or whatever). It'll be worse than the protesters against Wall Street.

They're asking for it. They seriously are.

It'll be like that episode where everybody went crazy without the internet in South Park. It's true.

The word of the day is YES!YES!YES!
If this bill passes,and I will remain optimistic that it won`t,I still don`t see everything disappearing off the internet.I doubt we`ll go to Youtube tommorow and see that frowny face with the sorry message on every video.

I`ll give an example...on YouTube there is a pilot for a TV series based on a toyline from the 80`s called Robo Force.This special aired in 1984 and was produced by Ruby-Spears,which is now part of the Warner Bros. library.

I believe that show will remain on YouTube as WB has nothing to gain or lose from it being there.
In fact,I`d bet money that no one from WB has even heard of it....unless they`re reading this post.

Sweet Sweets
Ok, for those worried about SOPA, you can breathe a little easier...for now. The hearing has been delayed until next year sometime. I have to say, the hearings were scary to watch. The people for the bill have no understanding of the terms used or the harm that this bill will cause. It took a report from the governments cyber security expert to convince Lamar Smith to stop the hearing for now and have more meetings on it before they talk about it again next time Congress comes back.

So, basically, breathe easy for now, but stay vigilant. Keep letting people know about the harm this bill will do and get in contact with your represenatives and Senators. I don't usually get all political, but this is something that will effect us, I believe.

Lurker
Thanks for the info. it least we can buy some time to warn everyone and tell them this bill.

I was wondering how those hearings went. Glad to hear this thing's been pushed back.

It keeps getting delayed...but why?

I say there must be some sort of a conspiracy!

Wait a minute...the last six letters of conspiracy are,gasp,P-I-R-A-C-Y.Oh my God,I was right!Someone call Jesse Ventura,quick!

In all seriousness,I am happy to see this thing get delayed again.The way I look at it,a delay is just another nail in the coffin of this silly bill.

Last edited:
Sweet Sweets
Ugh...I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it seems that Smith is trying to sneak in another hearing on the 21st, next Wednesday...after most of Congress has already been adjourned. However, because of that very reason, it is very questionable on if he can even do this. I'd like to hope that he can't do this, but I'll keep an eye on this anyway.

This bill,regardless of whether it passes or not,will probably result in the end of Lamar Smith`s political career the next time he`s up for re-election.I understand being serious about something(even if it`s wrong),but this guy is going way overboard.He`s making a complete fool out of himself and it WILL come back to bite him in the ass.

"I`m going to sneak in another hearing for my SOPA bill today!"
"Hey,where is everybody?"
"Umm,sir...it`s Christmas,everyone went home for break."
"B...but I have my bill to talk about."
"Sorry,sir."

Sweet Sweets
Yeah, well, can the hearing not happen because there are not enough people present for it? The way I see it, Smith is hoping to try and get it passed next Wednesday since he hopes most of the opponents to the bill won't be there. Doesn't there need to be a min. amount of people present for him to even call a hearing?