And I accept that, I'm just not sure how it comes off as Sony biased when I was comparing the base PS3/360 price to the base Wii U price.

Lurker
@DJEmpress:

FlashNeko is right. To be honest, the $200 360 model was really intended either for those that doesn't play games very often, or to replace your broken 360 once the warranty expires. I bought a 4 GB 360 S system back in February earlier this year, & also managed to buy a 250 GB HDD separately for it, & that was because I didn't like the glossy look on the 250 GB 360 S model. That's the only valid reason to get a 4 GB 360 S model other than those two things that I mentioned earlier.

Most gamers who doesn't own a 360 yet would most likely go for the 250 GB 360 model at $300.

It... just kinda comes off as an unfair comparison to use the gimped versions of the two systems when we don't even know what's going to be in with the Wii U yet or even what its full specs are going to be.

You both just proved my point; we don't know what the Wii U will come with. It could be just as "gimped" as either of those models. So you can't say it's unfair because you don't know what it comes with. And neither of those systems are really "gimped" anyway. The PS3 has a perfectly large hard drive and everything you need to get started. The 360 still lets you play online, save, and download; it is not missing any features. They both come with just as much if not more than the base Wii did and probably as much as the base Wii U will have.

And I'm not going to make assumptions about the "intentions" of certain consoles or packages or anything. You can't make a judgement like "the $200 360 model was really intended either for those that doesn't play games very often" because that may be enough for people. And if they don't play that many games who cares? It's still buying the console and still is just as valid.

I am comparing the systems as fairly as is possible at this point.This is base SKU to base SKU which is all we can go off of right now.

Yeah, perhaps we should save any more conversation on this matter until Nintendo comes out with an actual price and/or announces Super Mario Bros U will be a pack-in or something. :p

Probably. I simply made this thread to gauge people's interest in the system in general and ask a theoretical "Would you buy a Wii U at this price, and if not what price would you be a buyer at?" This was certainly not meant to be a console war.

For me, I would pay no more than $300 from what we've seen so far and event that is pushing it for me.

So, the Wii finally gets graphics and features it should have gotten in the first place? Oh wow, to little too late. Nintendo is becoming like the Catholic Church of gaming. Advancing then going back and becoming stagnant. A Wii U versus a 360/PS3? The functionality and volume of titles alone of quality would deter any responsible buyer form the Wii and its sequel. Especially since all of the software developers who develop serious titles which would have contributed more to the Wii than just as a gimmick for Sports and minigames and perhaps the awkwardly controls which plagued gamers until the MotionPlus , which for the matter ,should have been in the initial controller in the first place.

For a system that had promise, it only justifies the maxim that gaming without a traditional controller will fail, especially when the hardware is hardly up to par with the competitors. If I were to buy a new system to replace my dead PS2, I'd go for the PS3 in particular the model that can play PS2 and PS1 since I have more games for those then console Nintendos, though I love the older ones.

I'll wait when they stop talking out of their asses and make a console as full featured and bring back developers they used to have and attract newer talent. Perhaps they should make a spinoff company to allocate newer developers and ideas that does the edgy things such as how Disney had Miramax and Touchstone Pictures, like GameFreak.

Lurker
So, the Wii finally gets graphics and features it should have gotten in the first place? Oh wow, to little too late. Nintendo is becoming like the Catholic Church of gaming. Advancing then going back and becoming stagnant. A Wii U versus a 360/PS3? The functionality and volume of titles alone of quality would deter any responsible buyer form the Wii and its sequel. Especially since all of the software developers who develop serious titles which would have contributed more to the Wii than just as a gimmick for Sports and minigames and perhaps the awkwardly controls which plagued gamers until the MotionPlus , which for the matter ,should have been in the initial controller in the first place.

For a system that had promise, it only justifies the maxim that gaming without a traditional controller will fail, especially when the hardware is hardly up to par with the competitors. If I were to buy a new system to replace my dead PS2, I'd go for the PS3 in particular the model that can play PS2 and PS1 since I have more games for those then console Nintendos, though I love the older ones.

I'll wait when they stop talking out of their asses and make a console as full featured and bring back developers they used to have and attract newer talent. Perhaps they should make a spinoff company to allocate newer developers and ideas that does the edgy things such as how Disney had Miramax and Touchstone Pictures, like GameFreak.

The main reason why Nintendo couldn't make a razor blade model console with the Wii was because that they couldn't afford to at the time after what happened during the N64 & Gamecube days like Microsoft & Sony could afford to make a razor-blade model console with both PS3 & Xbox 360.

But now, thanks to the huge amount of money that they made off of Wii's & DS's along with games & accessories, they have more than enough money to make the Wii U tons more powerful than both PS3 & 360.

Altair
The main reason why Nintendo couldn't make a razor blade model console with the Wii was because that they couldn't afford to at the time after what happened during the N64 & Gamecube days like Microsoft & Sony could afford to make a razor-blade model console with both PS3 & Xbox 360.

But now, thanks to the huge amount of money that they made off of Wii's & DS's along with games & accessories, they have more than enough money to make the Wii U tons more powerful than both PS3 & 360.
But will they?
Nintendo seems to be keen on making systems that have immense potential, but then not giving the systems the hardware or software to back up that potential.

All of the leaked specs and talks have pointed to the Wii U being as powerful as the 360/PS3, maybe a hair more. And honestly if they did make a system that is more powerful than the current ones AND has a touchscreen controller then it would cost $600 for sure which would likely be a huge mistake.