There is a very good chance of it coming out at $300-$400 dollars and that's a lot for something as powerful as the systems that are out now.

So... you complain that it's "only" as powerful as the systems that are out now and also complain that it might be the same price as they are now?

So... you complain that it's "only" as powerful as the systems that are out now and also complain that it might be the same price as they are now?

The 360 and PS3 are $200 and $250 respectively. By the time the Wii U comes out they will almost assuredly be cheaper than that. So no it is not the same price, the Wii U will likely be twice as expensive if not more than the systems it is just as powerful as.

The 360 and PS3 are $200 and $250 respectively.

Uhhh... no?

The PS3 is still $300 at the cheapest and the only version of the 360 in the $250 range is the one sold without any memory (aka, the "don't even bother" version).

Oh boy! Cherry-picked examples! I can play this game too!

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/PS3-320GB-Uncharted-3-Bundle-Playstation/dp/B0050SXNHO/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1324006537&sr=8-4"]Amazon.com: PS3 320GB Uncharted 3 Bundle: Playstation 3: Video Games[/ame]

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-250GB-Holiday-Value-Bundle/dp/B005VBVQBU/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1324006606&sr=8-4"]Amazon.com: Xbox 360 250GB Holiday Value Bundle: Video Games[/ame]

I'm trying to figure out if you are trolling or that much of a fanboy? By your logic the Wii still costs $400 because of this bundle

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Wii-Console-Starter-Bundle-Nunchuk/dp/B006J3RB40/ref=sr_1_5?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1324007649&sr=1-5"]Amazon.com: Nintendo Wii Console - Black Starter Bundle, includes extra Remote with Motion Plus and Nunchuk: Video Games[/ame]

We are discussing the cost of the SYSTEM. Not games, bundles or extra controllers. And even if this was cherry-picking(which it's not) it doesn't change the fact that you can still buy the systems as I described for the prices I quoted. So I'm still correct.

Last edited:
Except nobody ever buys the absolute bare-bones, lowest memory versions of either the PS3 or 360 which you're using as your examples (and in fact even pointed this out before you posted them). It's purposefully misleading and manipulative data.

And dude, I ain't trollin' or that much of a fanboy. I own all three of the systems for this generation because there's stuff on all three I want to play. I just get damned tired of the hypocrisy that gets thrown around on these kinds of issues in regards to Nintendo VS Sony.

I mean, Sony does something that's theoretically questionable, it just gets shrugged off or ignored. Nintendo does something theoretically questionable BRING OUT THE TORCHES AND PITCHFORKS!

If the reaction was the same either way, I could accept it. At least it would be an honest, consistent way of reacting to things. But it's not and I just feel like bullshit needs to be told it stinks sometimes.

Except nobody ever buys the absolute bare-bones, lowest memory versions of either the PS3 or 360 which you're using as your examples

I'm glad that you speak for every person in the world on this matter, I didn't have the time to ask every person who purchased a 360 or PS3 to find out what they all bought. And anyway lots of people do buy the base system because they may not like the games that are bundled or need the extra memory/controllers/what have you.

And regardless, the link provided is for the base Wii U with no extra memory games or anything. So it's only fair to compare it to the base price of other systems.

I agree that lots of people are unfair to one company or another. But when you make intentionally misleading posts you are the one who appears biased.

I agree that lots of people are unfair to one company or another. But when you make intentionally misleading posts you are the one who appears biased.

See, that's the issue. To me, what you're saying feels misleading and Sony-biased. If that's not your intent I apologize but that's how it comes off.