Welcome
Fourze doesn't have a lot of catchphrases, but it does have those character trademark actions. Gentaro's playing with his hair, Yuki's squeal, Kengo's "Don't call me by my name.", Miu's "oops", Tomoko's creepy grin, JK's "whatever" gesture with his hands, and Shun's salute/wink.

Apparently, Tomoko is skilled in Rin Juken because every time she shows up, a mysterious dark colored aura covers her.

Lurker
Fourze doesn't have a lot of catchphrases, but it does have those character trademark actions. Gentaro's playing with his hair, Yuki's squeal, Kengo's "Don't call me by my name.", Miu's "oops", Tomoko's creepy grin, JK's "whatever" gesture with his hands, and Shun's salute/wink.
I'm beginning to think that it's not the catchphrases that bothers me, but the way it is forced to fit into the show. I don't have any problem with W saying his catchphrases or Decade saying his(though his did get a bit tiring.). For example, did the taros HAD to call out their catchphrase the SECOND time when they were on running around to catch the remaining medals in the OOO All Riders movie? Nope. I suppose it is also partly what pokes my eye when I watch Den-O. All those "oops" and Shun's wink weren't shoved into my face.

. OOO was terrible at timing. It took what should be serious or dramatic moments and shoehorned a joke scene or that horrible "happy/upbeat" music for no reason.
This was one of my biggest beefs with OOO. :\

Nice post!!
If it's a choice between Fourze and what ever issues OOO had/has, i'll take OOO any day of the week.

Good thing it's not necessarily or with Rider, it can be and. :D

No Rider show is perfect when it comes to tone/pacing, it's just a reality of how these things are produced. Also, different shows are good at different things, which is how they end up appealing to different groups of people.

I'm sure once Fourze is done, the fandom will pick over its flaws. This is what always happens to last year's show when the next one starts to air. I think it's just part of the fandom's process of consensus-building.

I couldn't make it past episode 3 of OOOs but I've loved every single episode of Fourze to death.

That is all.

Minato Ascending
I couldn't make it past episode 3 of OOOs but I've loved every single episode of Fourze to death.

That is all.

I actually quitted watching OOO for awhile, but went back and after watched ep 15 and the premiere of Date Akira as Birth, I became hooked and enjoyed the rest of the series. If not for Date, I might have given the show up again before the excellent last arc that finished the series on a high note.

silver FOREVAAH
-reading thread-
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbmxqfGkg1Q&feature=related"]Well ain't that cute... - YouTube[/ame]

Kuuguitar
Good thing it's not necessarily or with Rider, it can be and. :D

No Rider show is perfect when it comes to tone/pacing, it's just a reality of how these things are produced. Also, different shows are good at different things, which is how they end up appealing to different groups of people.

I'm sure once Fourze is done, the fandom will pick over its flaws. This is what always happens to last year's show when the next one starts to air. I think it's just part of the fandom's process of consensus-building.

Posterity makes things easier to judge. It's not surprising that once OOO began a lot of things W didn't do well were discussed.

A Secret Messenger ...
Which is a shame, because as much as I like Meteor, I think it would've been awesome if they would have a female Rider in the regular series, not just an one-shot in a crossover movie. And she'd also balance the KRC out with 4 guys & 4 girls.

It would be a shameful waste because if any Kamen Rider series could pull off a female Rider it would be Fourze. The general, lighthearted feel of the setting and characters would really allow for a female Rider. I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that there are so many female characters in the series already, giving the show a good balance between boys and girls. Compare that to earlier Heisei era series where you might only have "the token girl" to go along with main trio of hero, girl and comic relief guy, and then one or two supporting female characters that appeared now and again.

Kuuguitar
It would be a shameful waste because if any Kamen Rider series could pull off a female Rider it would be Fourze. The general, lighthearted feel of the setting and characters would really allow for a female Rider. I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that there are so many female characters in the series already, giving the show a good balance between boys and girls. Compare that to earlier Heisei era series where you might only have "the token girl" to go along with main trio of hero, girl and comic relief guy, and then one or two supporting female characters that appeared now and again.

Not to mention that in most cases the main girl was just there to look pretty.

In 14 episodes, Miu has been tongue-whipped, tossed over a bridge, kidnapped on a bus, almost crashed into a river on the said bus, got hit by diverted Fire States bullets, and got exhausted driving Power Dizer.

All while wearing either a gown or that really short seifuku skirt.