facepalm.jpg

:eyebrow:.....yeeeah, i think a forum website has kinda got you fooled into thinking toku is a widely known. Sentai, KR...sorry, is a smaller fanbase then PR which has been known in America much, MUCH longer.

so, yeah.......facepalm pic doesn't really help ya there, broski

Ask yourself do you really want Pink Jokes in every episode?

If you can do them at the right time and moment. It is humanly possible.:sweat:

I'm gonna laugh my ass off If decade actually will be adapted...and it turns out the kids really do not care what color he is

...kay im done:anime:

And may Nickelodeon (or whoever) make some kind of decent bumper to advertise it...like this...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5H1zxLPb2-4"]???????????????????? - YouTube[/ame]

MASKED RIDER DECADE WILL RETURN AFTER THESE MESSAGES

...or these at least...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMzkh4eYrbg&feature=plcp"]??????555????????? - YouTube[/ame]
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bybXqK5zN0&feature=plcp"]????????? ???????? ?? - YouTube[/ame]

...and someone should be punched for making a bumper that ends with "YEAH!!!"

*evil glare at Cartoon Network*

The new Tendou Souji
Kuuga - Too old /Violent
Agito - Could be too old/violent

Ryuki was 8 years old and it got adapted so, "too old" isn't good enough; also, most of the violence in those shows are done in out-o'suit footage. It wouldn't be used, anyways; or at least, there's a higher chance of PR Gokaiger using the flying BBQ man than that stuff.

Hibiki - Too violent

:sly:

Just Scratch Behind the Ears
It's times like this that I remember a quote/view shared by some smart men in their day.. (paraphrased) "We make up less than 1% of the viewership. We are the minority; vocal yes, but the minority none the less. Our opinion does not matter".

Of course this was circa 1999-2001.. I'm sure by now we're more like 1.5%.

Well under 9000
If they honestly think that, Toei and Saban are EXTREMELY ignorant of the fanbase

Over 50% of the fanbase are grown adults who know what SS is and enjoy it on a weekly basis through means of fansubs

If Bandai and Toys R Us can release SH Figuarts Shinkenred and Shinkengold and greatly profit from it, I don't see why Saban can't release the original footage subbed in English

Think of all the money he could make!

Well, when I say "Power Ranger fans" I mean the childrens. I imagine some five year old yelling "This isn't Power Rangers! Why is everyone Asian?"

Ok, maybe not the last part, but you get the idea. I mean, fans had to discover the Shinkenred and Shinkegold figures. It wasn't really marketed, and I can see them easily getting away with it as "Power Rangers toys."

Also: The main fans of Super Sentai in the states pirate it anyway. I don't think they want to advertise how easy it is to download "Not-quite Power Rangers." But since it's hard as hell to find subs for older series, why not? If you just subtitle it and stream it somewhere, you're practically making 95% profit.

Although this makes me wonder if there's some legal thing where Toei won't allow them to present Super Sentai as anything other then Power Rangers.

Heroes are forever
:eyebrow:.....yeeeah, i think a forum website has kinda got you fooled into thinking toku is a widely known. Sentai, KR...sorry, is a smaller fanbase then PR which has been known in America much, MUCH longer.

so, yeah.......facepalm pic doesn't really help ya there, broski
It is. While people in other parts aren't a devote fanbase, and neither is it part of their popular culture, it doesn't it mean it's not widely recognized, USA remains an obscure country regarding this however, which is why it may give that impression. Lots of adaptions, dubs and even subbed shows have made their way to many other countries, hell, some merchandise has even gotten illegally transported.

I know this doesn't help the topic of a USA adaption, but I just wanted to make that clear.

Well it's true, a big majority of PR fans don't even care about it's Japanese counterpart. Don't believe me check a board like Rangerboard or something similar that's primarily centered around PR. Compared to HJU which is primary a toku board.

Besides there's only been 2 Powermorphicons and they were a couple of years apart. And from all the reports the panels dealt with the PR shows themselves not the Sentai it was based on. There might have been a question is the cast seen the original version but they were few and far between from my understanding.

You are obviously brain dead, sir. Power Rangers is American Tokusatsu and thus , it makes Tokusatsu popular in the States. Power Rangers and the first Ultraman are just the face of it.

you know this how?
It's obvious. Voice actors for TV shows are paid less , especially when we deal with non-union productions. Look at anime productions and other animated ventures and you'll see that save for the big names we know of, many are not paid well as per say their live action counterparts.

Now let's go to the fact that all they have to do is edit out objectionable footage , digitally alter it . But save for any efforts to radically change the source series , you don't have to film anything at all. This would probably be sort of costly , but hell, it's easy to do these days and much cheaper. Naruto Shippuden at Dis.XD would love to talk to you as its a novel way to altering footage. Mind you ,you can also alter it in your favor by using dialogue to Kimba-ize it . If you are wondering what that term means, it means you can kill off people as long as they need to "lie down" or "rest. They are never seen again, but hey, it downplays any controversy while bringing a corny style to it .

Then there's the cheapness factor. With no new footage to film, all you need really is scripts for the localization and promotion. Going by exec's logic, kids , largely boys , will buy into anything as long as it is action packed, shiny,and most importantly , explosivey. Story isn't as much of a concern to the target audience as is the ass kicking that entails.

As I recall, Godzilla 1985 was a fairly cheap film to make, possibly the cheapest Godzilla film to date. All they did was dub the footage ,rearrange some of it and add a few American actors and bam! , isn't that profitable? Ultraman was popular because of dubbing , many shows we know and love are too.

Just straight dubbing a series with few alterations is far more profitable than hiring live action actors, creating props, allocating sets and spaces for filming ,editing that in the course of matching up with the Japanese footage and somehow hoping it be profitable at the end. While Power Rangers has that power now to keep on with their adaptations due to the popularity and ratings, it'd be wiser for lesser known tokusatsu to just be dubbed seriously and or comedically with most of the footage intact than taking a gamble with a straight up remake with new actors and whatnot unless you know for sure it will be a great sell.

I do remember the Ultra7 series , a 1967 series dubbed in the 90's nonetheless, was popular too. If such an old series can be that popular with an audience , it goes to show what dubs of other tokusatsu could make ground.
If they honestly think that, Toei and Saban are EXTREMELY ignorant of the fanbase

Over 50% of the fanbase are grown adults who know what SS is and enjoy it on a weekly basis through means of fansubs

If Bandai and Toys R Us can release SH Figuarts Shinkenred and Shinkengold and greatly profit from it, I don't see why Saban can't release the original footage subbed in English

Think of all the money he could make!

Subbed? There's many English dubs of Sentai they could release and patch together on the cheap. I know there are dubs of Goranger , JAKQ, Bioman,Jetman and possibly many other English releases done over the course of the 80's and 90's that it would be better to just take from them and give them some polish for release for fans. Bioman, as far as I know was uncut both in its French and English dubs so a trilingual set would do favors for it while Jetman and the Malaysian English dubs might have to be redubbed since they are not among the decent of them.

They should also release them subbed , that's not for doubt. But for just that when there are dubs existing? Why waste that chance? I can see Saban wanting to do something with Bioman and Jetman coming with the Anniversary and it would be wise to release the dub/sub of Bio/Jet with the MMPR sets and their sentai counterparts as a test market for more releases come Gokaiger.

さあ, お前の罪を数えろ!
Ryuki was 8 years old and it got adapted so, "too old" isn't good enough; also, most of the violence in those shows are done in out-o'suit footage.

But aren't they using HD cameras now for Samurai (and thus being widescreen)? So I'm assuming they'll do the same with whatever they adapt, but they've only started using HD cameras around the time Kabuto started, if they DO adapt anything prior to him the quality between original footage against stock footage will be way too noticeable, especially those 'stock footage fight scene into american footage fight scene' moments

When The Fruit Of Life Corrupts Men
Although this makes me wonder if there's some legal thing where Toei won't allow them to present Super Sentai as anything other then Power Rangers.

Wouldn't doubt it

Also, always nice to see a fellow southerner on here

Especially someone from my old home state :thumbs:

Subbed? There's many English dubs of Sentai they could release and patch together on the cheap. I know there are dubs of Goranger , JAKQ, Bioman,Jetman and possibly many other English releases done over the course of the 80's and 90's that it would be better to just take from them and give them some polish for release for fans. Bioman, as far as I know was uncut both in its French and English dubs so a trilingual set would do favors for it while Jetman and the Malaysian English dubs might have to be redubbed since they are not among the decent of them.

They should also release them subbed , that's not for doubt. But for just that when there are dubs existing? Why waste that chance? I can see Saban wanting to do something with Bioman and Jetman coming with the Anniversary and it would be wise to release the dub/sub of Bio/Jet with the MMPR sets and their sentai counterparts as a test market for more releases come Gokaiger.

Agreed, it would make much more sense just to release the dubs then

Didn't even know any existed except for Night Flight Dynaman and Bioman/Jetman that Saban unsuccessfully tried to pitch

Wouldn't doubt it

Also, always nice to see a fellow southerner on here

Especially someone from my old home state :thumbs:

Agreed, it would make much more sense just to release the dubs then

Didn't even know any existed except for Night Flight Dynaman and Bioman/Jetman that Saban unsuccessfully tried to pitch

Saban could just press an ultimatum to allow them to have the Pre Zyu/Post Zyu as sentai intact or threaten to not make more series. Let's face it, Saban and Disney have them by the balls right now and always have, no matter how famous their anime may be. The reality of the situation is NO ONE in today's generation knows Sentai and the world, it's all Power Rangers no matter what. Sure there are people who know of the before time like us , but we are dwindling. Unless they were to market Sentai as Power Rangers and dubbed it ,which it would still technically be Power Rangers lol, they would have no way of marketting it here as its own entity like they did prior to MMPR.

For Kamen Rider and toku Americans seldom know about, they have a fresh slate. You can pretty much do anything you want , whether it be adaptation, dub or a combination of the two since toku is still in that 80's anime phase.

All I know about the Goranger and JAKQ dubs are their titles FiveRanger/Star Ranger and "The Lucky Aces". Apparently , they aired on the West Coast in California. The Turboranger dub was Canadian and aired UHF while the Bioman and Jetman dubs are Filipino and Malaysian English respectively. No doubt the Malaysian dub's worse, but the Bioman dub is pretty damn good and very understandable . Then there was Dynaman and those pilots.

I'm not sure if the movies were dubbed too of those series Bioman and Jetman or if there are more sentai that have been dubbed in English, but if I were Saban, I'd grab Toei by the nuts if I wanted the Sentai to be released here or perhaps do what WEP did with Voltron. Buy all the rights of Zyu-Present and buy off the Pre-Zyu or better yet, why not buy out Toei ? While a buy out would be ludicrous ,if Saban were to bring Sentai here intentionally , Toei has only one thing to do: comply or have NO FOOTHOLD in the global marketplace. And considering Japan's state right now, they'd want as much money as they can get.

That is why Toho and why many other companies in Japan are desperate in wanting to bring their product to market here, even as rangerizations , because it will allow them a place in the global market since English is the most spoken language and if its dubbed and syndicated in it , it will not only look good on their brand image but give them money.

For Power Rider, I believe Sabna should just dub a Rider series with as much corn and cheese as it has or go the serious route and do a translation. Either way, their promotion will solidify its stance in the market moreso since they can make anything describable , ask Masked Rider.

But aren't they using HD cameras now for Samurai (and thus being widescreen)? So I'm assuming they'll do the same with whatever they adapt, but they've only started using HD cameras around the time Kabuto started, if they DO adapt anything prior to him the quality between original footage against stock footage will be way too noticeable, especially those 'stock footage fight scene into american footage fight scene' moments

Dragon Knight was filmed in HD as well , just not broadcasted as such. I didn't see a difference between the footage of the source and Adness' as it aired. If they were to adapt a pre-Kabuto series, they'd make sure the footage will look good as the KRDK crew did. Hell, they even erased and replaced the Japanese writing on the signs and buildings.

Last edited: