Gokaiger; Goseiger - 199 Hero Great Battle - Discussion Thread

I assume the key to this is exactly what you said, 'back then' when presumably censoring was less of an issue. I could be completely wrong of course.

MagiFanboy
Setting aside the fact that the Black Cross King expressly says that he was once known as the Black Cross Fuhrer, do you honestly think that a kid's movie about spandex clad superheroes fighting rubbersuit monsters to shill cheap toys is really the appropriate place to make a gratuitous reference to one of the most horrific events in modern history? Personally, I'd think that invoking such a real-world atrocity in order to pump up a dude in a goofy costume kind of trivializes it.

Welcome
I think Fuher was fine because it actually does make it more frightening.Fuher adds a sense of terror and makes it seem like what the Black Cross Fuher was going to do was comparable to what Hitler did in World War 2, especially to the Jewish Japanese people.

Anyone else have a problem adjusting to seeing FULL classic Sentai teams being beaten down like bitches by single Gokaiger & Goseigers?. I know they are drones but still... it takes time to get used to and accept.

no i see no problem with that...

all those senshis were soulless meaning they couldn'tthink before acting

That's what make them weak...

No way smart team would have started right away with their team bazooka attack without first weakening the opponents...

Minato Ascending
no i see no problem with that...

all those senshis were soulless meaning they couldn'tthink before acting

That's what make them weak...

No way smart team would have started right away with their team bazooka attack without first weakening the opponents...

I think it's a valid explaination, except for the fact that Basco's drones actually gave Gokaigers a run for their money (and a defeat) with far less in terms of number, so it doesn't really make sense why Black Cross King could not do likewise.

正義の味方
IMO, the Black Cross Fuhrer was more of a reference to being a Fuhrer, not the Fuhrer, if you get what I mean. I don't think that it's that much of a sensibility to the Japanese. Like how Starfish Hitler is put into the same lot as Ant Capone, Rhinoceros Beetle Lupin, and Genghis Khan Condor to name a few.

Besides, with KurojuujiOu it becomes a pun with him becoming KurojuujiJou. It rhymes! :laugh:

Now that you mention it, Basco's clones did give them a run for their money... but the movie did happen after the 6th ragner clone were defeated, so maybe it's a combination of the Gokaigers just getting stronger, Basco's later clones probably amping up with the great powers he obtained, and simply the clones were eevillllllll (and soulless!), thus relegating them to mere combatant power level in front of the Gokaiger and Goseiger, powered up by movie time power.

Like how the people's cheers actually gave energy to the GokaiOh, lol! :laugh: That kind of stuff only happens during the final battles and movies. I was between laughing and smiling at that moment.