Gokaiger DX Gear, Ranger Keys and Mecha Discussion

Live to Win
Sun Vulcan IS really popular, up there with Liveman and Jetman with some people. Infact, its one of my favourite seasons.

Speaking of Liveman and Jetman, I'd love to see Key Sets of those teams. I know it would never happen, but I'd love to see some OhRanger and Battle Fever sets too.

Hmmm... the popularity thing still raises some questions. Early this year, Sun Vulcan ranked #4 among the top five Showa era titles (behind Bioman, Liveman and Goranger) on a TV Asahi special on Super Sentai 35th anniversary. I never even expected Bioman to be on the top three.

I've only seen episode 1 of Sun Vulcan and I like it a lot. Will finish the series when I have a chance.

And if popularity is a criteria on selecting the red rangers on the Ranger Key series packaging, why is Geki Red among them when Gekiranger was among the least popular?

As for Ranger Keys, I want complete Bioman, Megaranger and Timeranger DX sets, but we know that would never happen.

Bioman surprised me too. I think Goranger is there purely because its the first.

I think GekiRed appeared in the first key set because Set 1 was mostly recent teams, so kids would know who they are. Vul Eagle was thrown in there to bring in the older fans.

Would like to change his avatar
I think GekiRed appeared in the first key set because Set 1 was mostly recent teams, so kids would know who they are. Vul Eagle was thrown in there to bring in the older fans.

I thought it was odd how that first Key set had a lot of the first guests of the show -- Magi Red, Deka Red, Geki Red, Gao Red...and then Vul-Eagle. I remember a couple of us thinking it meant they'd do a Sunvulcan episode early on, but...the show didn't have the balls to take on anything old until it was almost over. :p

They were probably thinking that kids would watch Gokaiger to see all their old favourites, and then stick around to finish it, so they could throw in the old guys.