[Anime] Mobile Suit Gundam: Universal Century Saga (0079-Victory) Mega-Thread

Eye See You
f
I wont be shocked when you stop calling Gundam "****" after you have gone deep into the franchise =
Btw...
After you watch Zeta go watch Stardust Memory :)

"****" means good. It's a term James Hetfield & other Metal bands use when describing things that are good.

Yeah, I got Stardust lined up as well. Got everything from the UC.

I'm still not sure if I should venture more into the non-UC Gundam shows (besides Wing obviously). I've heard good things about Gundam Seed.

Another thing I like with 08th MS Team is the actual Gundams make that weird sound when fighting/shooting etc.. something I really loved in Wing. You guys know the sounds I'm talking about right?.

Onigiri Rider
"****" means good. It's a term James Hetfield & other Metal bands use when describing things that are good.

Yeah, I got Stardust lined up as well. Got everything from the UC.

I'm still not sure if I should venture more into the non-UC Gundam shows (besides Wing obviously). I've heard good things about Gundam Seed.

Another thing I like with 08th MS Team is the actual Gundams make that weird sound when fighting/shooting etc.. something I really loved in Wing. You guys know the sounds I'm talking about right?.

oh ok...

You'll love Stardust :D

You can stop at Seed, Seed Destiny sucks...

my memory is jagged, its been a decade since i watched wing...

Mad Skillz
You probably wouldn't like Gundam Seed, it's...it's not very good. Filled with clip shows and characters that the show portrays as totally infallible.

G-Gundam would be an interesting watch for you. The story there is that once the UC stuff was finished, Bandai wanted to push Gundam as a pure toy selling machine, but the protege of the guy who created most of UC stepped in and adapted the toyish idea to his own ideas and you get this really awesome and over the top Gundam series with a ton of drama and mystery.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVbDE3p0uyc"]G Gundam - Neo Canada Battle 1 - YouTube[/ame]

Canada even gets the spotlight for a few episodes.

Last edited:
In Justice, We Trust!
While I can't speak for SEED Destiny, Gundam SEED wasn't that bad I don't think.

FK, I highly recommend that you watch Gundam X. It's as close to the UC stuff as AU series gets. Turn A is another series that kind of ties in with the UC stuff.

Eye See You
You probably wouldn't like Gundam Seed, it's...it's not very good. Filled with clip shows and characters that the show portrays as totally infallible.

G-Gundam would be an interesting watch for you. The story there is that once the UC stuff was finished, Bandai wanted to push Gundam as a pure toy selling machine, but the protege of the guy who created most of UC stepped in and adapted the toyish idea to his own ideas and you get this really awesome and over the top Gundam series with a ton of drama and mystery.

G Gundam - Neo Canada Battle 1 - YouTube

Canada even gets the spotlight for a few episodes.

G Gundam. Sold.

While I can't speak for SEED Destiny, Gundam SEED wasn't that bad I don't think.

FK, I highly recommend that you watch Gundam X. It's as close to the UC stuff as AU series gets. Turn A is another series that kind of ties in with the UC stuff.

Gundam X was another one I heard about.

So X & G will be the ones I hit after I'm done the UC.

Read my smart post
Gundam Seed is basically a reboot of 0079. I would still recommend watching it yourself and forming your own opinion.

I highly recommend Gundam 00, it's very similar to Gundam Wing because it focuses on ultra-powerful Gundams. It deals with some very significant issues like religion and terrorism...Gundam 00 is something I can't recommend enough

I thought that seed was ok but seed destiny was absolute ****. The highest praise i can give is pretty much the music. I know that suzumura kenichi, who plays shinn, admjtted he didnt like the direction of his character. Also, hirai hisashi cant draw more than two or three faces. But ill admit that invoke, ignited and vestige are all awesome songs. The only way i can enjoy seed destiny is pkaying the ps2 game, omni vs zaft 2 plus.

X is probably one of the most underrated ani es of all time

If you're looking for some supplemental material, I have two suggestions:

Anime-wise, check out Armored Trooper VOTOMS. Made a few years after the original Gundam it takes a fair amount of influence from Gundam while taking things to the next step as far as exploring some of the concepts. Some would even argue that VOTOMS is the REAL start of the "Real Robot" sub-genre that Gundam is usually credited for.

Also, if you watch it before you watch Zeta Gundam, you'll catch a lot of the stuff ZG poorly rips off from it.

Manga-wise, check out Gundam Sousei. It's the true story of the behind the scenes creation of Gundam and how it became the mega-franchise it now is but with all the characters involved turned into archtypes you'd see in fighting anime. So Tomino is this driven, excitable wild gangster, Itano is the aloft pretty boy and the Bandai execs are a mysterious shadow society.

It's a pretty crazy read but a lot of fun.

If you're looking for some supplemental material, I have two suggestions:

Anime-wise, check out Armored Trooper VOTOMS. Made a few years after the original Gundam it takes a fair amount of influence from Gundam while taking things to the next step as far as exploring some of the concepts. Some would even argue that VOTOMS is the REAL start of the "Real Robot" sub-genre that Gundam is usually credited for.

Also, if you watch it before you watch Zeta Gundam, you'll catch a lot of the stuff ZG poorly rips off from it.

Manga-wise, check out Gundam Sousei. It's the true story of the behind the scenes creation of Gundam and how it became the mega-franchise it now is but with all the characters involved turned into archtypes you'd see in fighting anime. So Tomino is this driven, excitable wild gangster, Itano is the aloft pretty boy and the Bandai execs are a mysterious shadow society.

It's a pretty crazy read but a lot of fun.

Along with votoms i recommend taiyou no kiba dougram. Some people dispute about that being the next realisitc mech anime.

As for g gundam, the dub i think is descent, but the novelty of the series works better in japanese, especially with chibodee. The way the lines and dialog work, it just sounds more natural