Lurker
another thing, with the final scenes 7 years in the future, was Lois & Clark still not being married supposed to be some sort of a joke like each time they try to get married Clark has to leave to fight evil?.

I suspect they held off the wedding for that long in order for Clark to start publicly establishing himself as Superman and get the world comfortable around the idea of superheroes (which is what most of season ten was about anyway), and also keep vigil for Apokoplipse's return. Lex's return would have also sparked a lot of mysteries for him to solve as well (his role in Tess's murder etc).

Lois would have also found herself busy being Superman's public liason.

Eye See You
So did Clark actually kill Darkseid when he was possessing dead Lionel and Clark flew through him?.

It's over 8,000!
Caught me off guard as well. I was expecting this Lex clone to grow up to Mike Rossenbaum and be the final villain.

I think most of us were expecting that.

So it's done. Over. Finished.

I went in with both high and low hopes because I knew 10 years of build up for 1 moment could never live up to all the hype....but it actually did. I was surprised.

I was expecting for a brief scene at the end with Clark putting the suit on, instead I got much more than that which I am totally happy with. I thought the entire thing was done classy.

The final moments of the episode were the aboslute highlight, Clark leaving the building, ripping the shirt open, Superman movie theme playing and that was one thing I was really hoping they'd do. The entire airplane and throwing Apokalips back into space while in the suit was all bonus for me, didn't think for a second they'd do that.

The Clone Lex was just awesome. I went nuts when he appeared infront of Clark in the ruins of Luthor Mannor. I was thinking Conner was going to eventually evolve into our Rosenbaum Lex and be the baddie but I love how they twisted that big time. Nice that is was explained he is now hidden via Martha Kent. Nobody will ever top Lex, as good as Zod was Lex is still the man. When Darkseid came to Lionel, ripped his heart out and gave Lex life I almost shat myself. I loved every minute of this ****. I mean.. RIPPED HIS FUCKING HEART OUT. The entire Lex speech to Clark was beyond epic, it shows how Lex is a big part of who Clark is and how he becomes Superman and the fact Lex acknowldged this made the scnee powerful, I guess now with his memory loss he becomes a better person or maybe even worse....

It was sad to see Tess die, but she ain't a moron, she's a Luthor and her "Conner needle plan" worked this time. I was surpsried Dr. Emill wasn't in the finale or any of the other League members for quick cameos. I would have liked to see something more from Tess/Emill but I guess that really doesn't matter at this point since she died.

It was great to see Kara one last time. I think her and Oliver would have actually made a better couple than Chloe/Oliver. I was wondering what her role would be and me being a big DCAU fan was satisfied with her going to the future as that is exactly what happened in the final Justice League Unlimited episodes. My God is Laura Vandervoort a sexy human being.

The entire wedding scene was heart moving. For a second there I thought Clark didn't show up and instead of doing the traditional thing, he walked down the asile side by side with Lois.

I've been waiting for a tv series finale to be on an epic end of the world level where the world seems like it would end like PRiS' "Countdown to Destruction", Angel (minus the cliffhanger part).and Buffy's finale with the final battle against the First's army and Smallville was the one to deliver this. I mean a planet was crashing into earth and what made Superman so amazing at this point is the fact that not even the regular heroes could do anything to save the world, only Superman could and that's what makes him different and better from the rest.

The fact Lana did not show up was bonus points and officially put her in the back burner compared to Lois which I am really happy about.

The minute Aaron Ashmore was in the scene with Lois I knew it would be Jimmy's little brother since it he was given Jimmy's camera. I liked the future setting with Chloe reading the story to her & Oliver's son.

2 complaints: I would have liked to see a close up of Superman entering Apokalips and struggling to push it away from earth AND I would have liked for Lois to have named him Superman and actually say Superman when he saved her on Air Force One.

Overall a very enjoyable series. I love heroes and dramas so this was an easy one for me to get into but I can see other fans being turned off by Smallville especially with the first 7 seasons as nothing really gets started until Season 8 and it gets the more comic book style to it which was needed because by the time season 7 finished even I was burned out so it was a change that saved the series for me and I'm sure everyone else. My fav seasons would have to be 6,8-10. Anyway, a great series. Loved everything they did. Hated Lana yet ironically began to somewhat accept her by the time she became superhuman but then she was gone lol. The series gets a 8/10 in my book, right up there with Buffy, Angel, Highlander, Flash Gordon, Forever Knight, 21 Jump Street.

Some questions:
1. So what exactly was the gold Kryptonite supposed to do to Clark?.
2. If the Toyman was in jail how the hell did he have access to cell phones and the the ability to make more devices?.
3. Why did Lionel look so ill in the finale?, he didn't look like the Lionel we know.
4. Metallo was part of Toyman's final group, yet I thought Metallo turned good and helped save Clark and Lois the last time we saw him so that was kind of a wtf moment for me. I would have loved to seen a close up of Solomon Grundy in that group.
5. Was Darkseid's purpose of bringing Apokalips to earth to smash it into earth or just have it devour souls or what?.
and the big question
6. Was it the suit from Superman Returns?.

Also, got in a bonus with the Aquaman pilot. Not bad at all, potential. Shitty it wasn't picked up. No matter how much of a beach boy look Justin Hartley could pull off I am glad he ended up being Green Arrow.

The Apokolips part was bad. The scale was terrible. One second it's less than the size of Metropolis and the next it's the size of a small planet, and it keeps fluctuating. Clark just pushed back the planet with ease which is what Kara could have done.

Clone Lex was poorly done. His dialogue wasn't even close to the real Lex. He sounded pathetic while the previous Lex sounded confident that he would control his own destiny.

The Darkseid parts were super christian cheesy. They never can find a more menacing line than saying that the villain will take a soul.

Lex apparently returns to having both sides to him. He does much good but he is "destined" to fight Clark.

I was upset to see Tess die. Tess is one of the best characters who was crafted by decent writing.

I thought the army of Kryptonians was an excellent thing to have for a finale back in season 9.

I also agree that no Lana was a bonus. She looked like she was gone for good like 6 times. :laugh:

Answers:

1. If you go back to the episode with Clark entering Earth-2, then you'll see at the end that Clark had told Emil about the gold Kyptonite and Emil says that enough of it could take away Clark's powers. The finale screws up this part because it brings in the assumption that enough to make a ring is enough to remove Clark's powers even though that or more probably is the amount Clark Luthor used to cut himself.

2. I think Toyman was allowed to have a phone (and I don't know why) but the other materials I don't believe is explained. Toyman just implies that he can get what he wants from there.

3. Maybe it was the makeup to make him look stressed because of his obsession to revive Lex. After that, it was because he was possessed by a demon from Supernatural Darkseid.

4. He either was controlled by Toyman (which is just an assumption by the viewer) or the writers screwed up this part as well.

5. I think it was to combine the two planets. That's why the final episode tried to hammer "apocalypse" as a misinterpretation for "Apokolips."

6. Yes, it was the suit.

I saw the pilot a while back and it was okay. There wasn't much effort put into it, but it was very Smallville-esque and it had some potential. I'm glad that the production team at least kept Hartley.

So did Clark actually kill Darkseid when he was possessing dead Lionel and Clark flew through him?.

His henchmen also went poof and Lionel was the main host, so it appears to be so.

Eye See You
I think most of us were expecting that.

The Apokolips part was bad. The scale was terrible. One second it's less than the size of Metropolis and the next it's the size of a small planet, and it keeps fluctuating. Clark just pushed back the planet with ease which is what Kara could have done.

Clone Lex was poorly done. His dialogue wasn't even close to the real Lex. He sounded pathetic while the previous Lex sounded confident that he would control his own destiny.

The Darkseid parts were super christian cheesy. They never can find a more menacing line than saying that the villain will take a soul.

Lex apparently returns to having both sides to him. He does much good but he is "destined" to fight Clark.

I was upset to see Tess die. Tess is one of the best characters who was crafted by decent writing.

I thought the army of Kryptonians was an excellent thing to have for a finale back in season 9.

I also agree that no Lana was a bonus. She looked like she was gone for good like 6 times. :laugh:

Answers:

1. If you go back to the episode with Clark entering Earth-2, then you'll see at the end that Clark had told Emil about the gold Kyptonite and Emil says that enough of it could take away Clark's powers. The finale screws up this part because it brings in the assumption that enough to make a ring is enough to remove Clark's powers even though that or more probably is the amount Clark Luthor used to cut himself.

2. I think Toyman was allowed to have a phone (and I don't know why) but the other materials I don't believe is explained. Toyman just implies that he can get what he wants from there.

3. Maybe it was the makeup to make him look stressed because of his obsession to revive Lex. After that, it was because he was possessed by a demon from Supernatural Darkseid.

4. He either was controlled by Toyman (which is just an assumption by the viewer) or the writers screwed up this part as well.

5. I think it was to combine the two planets. That's why the final episode tried to hammer "apocalypse" as a misinterpretation for "Apokolips."

6. Yes, it was the suit.

I saw the pilot a while back and it was okay. There wasn't much effort put into it, but it was very Smallville-esque and it had some potential. I'm glad that the production team at least kept Hartley.

His henchmen also went poof and Lionel was the main host, so it appears to be so.

Thanks. Clears up some questions I had.

I'm surprised you felt this way about Clone Lex in the finale, I got goosebumps when he returned and delivered that speech to Clark.

I'm sure he would have begun some research to help restore his memory. Just not sure if that was already done by the time he became President or maybe he was good at this point. The door will always be left open for the fans to debate.

So yeah, the only real complaints was I would have like a close up of Clark pushing Apokolips away from the earth, him struggling, and him returning to earth all beaten down. No Emil in this finale, and Clark & Lois still not getting married.

Other than that I really enjoyed the finale.

Not-So-Rabid Blade Fangirl
They put the Aquaman Pilot in the Smallville set? Interesting. I watched that a few years ago and have been disappointed ever since that it was never picked up. However, if it had, we wouldn't have had Hartley as Oliver, so it's not all bad.

I think that scene with the shirt-ripping was meant to inspire goosebumps. Or swoons, depending on the gender of the person watching. :laugh: I honestly was more appreciative of the Williams music behind it. I'm glad they got the rights to use it again, I think the last time we heard any of it was in the last episode Christopher Reeve was in before he died. :disappoin

Eye See You
This entire viewing was from a download and the Aquaman pilot was included. But I just splurged almost $300 on the Smallville complete series DVD Box set that came out last week, a Best Buy Exclusive set that includes a DC Direct Clark Kent/Blur figure. Just waiting on it to arrive sometime next week via ebay. It was a small X-Mas gift for myself and I think the series was good enough that I should own it officially.

smallville.jpg

(borrowing this pic from another member who got the set)

As for the Superman theme playing in the final scene... if it was missing the scene would have not had the impact it had. So I am also glad they got the rights but I was wondering where the hell portions of the theme went during the series since it played a few times in the early seasons.

Right now I could go for the Aquaman series. I'm glad it did not get picked up because I don't think the Oliver Queen character would have been as bad ass if Hartley wasn't under the hood.

I don't see any good tv shows going on right now on The CW, only one with a bit of fantasy involved is Supernatural. So hopefully something will come up soon.

Another item I also got myself for x-mas that involves Supes is this gorgeous diorama statue
dc-direct-superman-vs-brainiac-statue.jpg

It's over 8,000!
It's $200 on Amazon but it doesn't have the figure.

Aquaman would be good right now, but I guess the producers wanted it to run with Smallville so they probably won't go for it now.

Nikita is the best show on the CW right now. It has great writing.

Nice statue.

Read my smart post
Just finished episode 9 of Season 1. The show is definitely above average, I enjoy most of the "monster-of-the-week" stories and the characters are mostly interesting. Lex Luthor is easily my favorite character so far, he's so badass and it's fun to see his relationship with Clark because I assume they will eventually become enemies. Jonathan Kent is another great one, I can really understand when people say he's the heart of the show. Clark is okay, Tom Welling is very stiff in this season (I heard he gets better). I really like Lana Lang, she's slightly cheesy but Kristin Kreuk is a very likable girl (and hot lol)

Overall, i'm surprised how good the show is so far and how strong the ensemble cast is. I can't help but compare it to Supernatural (another CW show) and I think Smallville is better, it focuses more on characters than the "storyline of the week"

Eye See You
Yeah, the show falls into the category of Buffy/Angel/Supernatural.

I got the complete series box set and it's fucking gorgeous.

Digital Artist
I just got my Smallville Season 10 copy at Best Buy earlier today. It was on sale for $14.99. I don't know if that's the sale for this whole week or just because of Christmas. But I got it and now my Smallville collection is complete. I shall find that Retrospective Documentary in some other form of way.