Supaidaman!
not really, if speed is your qualm, amazon are as fast, if not faster than most heisei characters in game, nigo has superarmor with his rider punch IIRC so that takes care of trading hits
Amazon's heavy attack is ridiculously strong. Pretty sure you can overload a block in 2-3 full combos of it. I don't get what Monkey Attack is any good for though.

again, it depends, ever tried double breast cannon spam? can kill with just a full rider gauge(which will let you enter climax time while still spamming it, thus killing your opponent), other riders with similar "beam" special also benefit from this
That sounds like more of a byproduct of poor character balancing than anything.

most of the real ones are either too old or perhaps even died already to do them, and shadowmoon has the actual VA voicing him

Agreed, Shadowmoon's is actually pretty fantastic. When you Rider Kick him with Black he yells ONOREEEEEEE! I'm not sure about Amazon, but the 1, 2, V3 and Black's actors are all still around, and have even reprised their roles recently.

it's a shout out/tribute, have you ever watch a showa rider series before? at some point the narrator will do the exact thing when the rider does their attack

I know what it's a reference to, but the way they've implemented it is downright bizarre. Is it really necessary to break the flow of the game like it does? Does it actually make the attack to extra damage or anything?

true, but only on the "super forms" part, they should've given it a green gauge instead of red so he can switch between all 3 freely

Agreed. It's bad enough they consider them 'super' forms, but neither of them are even worth using. I was hoping Roborider's Vortech shooter would be homing since that's what it is in the show, but instead it's a pretty substandard shooting attack. Biorider's sword attack is actually heaps slower than RX's, which is weird.

some switches are still useless IMO, like the lightbulb thing and camera, chainsaw is also disappointing aside from one combo in elec states

I'm still not sure what radar is meant to do.

the best thing to do is bring back most of the original CH gameplay with the new CH contents IMO, CH&CHW was the most fun CH game so far to me, gameplay wise.

Agreed. Climax Heroes W played waaaaay better than OOO did. OOO felt like they were just trying to squeeze as much content in as they could, this is largely the same.

Lurker
That sounds like more of a byproduct of poor character balancing than anything.
well other characters can do that too,anyone with a long attack string that doesn't knock down enemies, you see, the tag gauge's damage DOESN'T SCALE when you use both riders using the ^ analog button(the one that cost's the most rider gauge), so a 15 hit combo will hurt a lot more when performed by 2 characters instead of one character via rider cancel

this makes tag gauge the most powerful gauge in the right hands

I know what it's a reference to, but the way they've implemented it is downright bizarre. Is it really necessary to break the flow of the game like it does? Does it actually make the attack to extra damage or anything?
i believe it will do extra damage, if only for a bit, most special moves are not for damage anyways in CHF, they are there to cut those red lifebars away, only very few specials actually does decent damage now, and that's the broken ones(like shauta's whip)

Agreed. It's bad enough they consider them 'super' forms, but neither of them are even worth using. I was hoping Roborider's Vortech shooter would be homing since that's what it is in the show, but instead it's a pretty substandard shooting attack. Biorider's sword attack is actually heaps slower than RX's, which is weird.
huh? didn't remember about it being homing, it was strong however, in the show,

i agree with you about biorider being strange, plus they should've make the bio attack pass the enemy few times a la purple tatoba's special or at least make it spin like in all rider on DS so the enemy cannot roll to dodge it

biorider having two counterattacks with identical use is also a weird thing

I'm still not sure what radar is meant to do.
radar counters enemy attack with a roll movement, kinda like ichigo's counter, but sideways, it also used to make launcher missiles homing(cheap but weak attack), and it might make gatling more accurate

Agreed. Climax Heroes W played waaaaay better than OOO did. OOO felt like they were just trying to squeeze as much content in as they could, this is largely the same.
yep, CH feels more competitive since everyone can use a super, a support AND counter attack that is UNIQUE(none of that "rider counter" rubbish in CHF), plus you can actually hit those pesky clock uppers with a counter and let them eat massive damage from it

A couple things after reading.

Camera is far from useless. That's actually one of Fourze's best switches. And so is Gatling. He has some nasty setups into combos from it. I need to look more into what Radar actually does. I thought it did something for Launcher but I don't think it does.

At the moment Assault Gauge characters have to be the best in the game. With a steady way to always stay with meter and using Assault Cancels to start really long and powerful combos. Watch an example of Gotou below. Watch the whole thing to learn something. TL;DW is 8:54 in.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wICNXZsoi4I&t=8m54s]HAPPY BIRTH-DAY ASSAULT GAUGE[/ame]

There's something to Tag Mode but I need more time with it. There are probably certain characters that work well together that can show what you can do during a Tag Assault.

Old School Mode w/Showa Riders (Down + Special) gives you an attack boost for the move in which it explains. All of your other special moves and Rider Finale can be boosted during Old School Mode as well. And the explanations are really cool too. Wonderful for trolling.

I'll probably play some more today. Maybe I should show off that Camera tech with Fourze.

Last edited:
Lurker
I'll have to disagree here. CH and CHW were not good games. Let's not fool ourselves, they weren't. It was on OOO that the series became more than a horribly balanced, gimmicky pseudo-fighting game. OOO's changes (the addition of different gauges, taking out that horrible counter system, making transformations not time-limited, etc.) improved the game a lot, making it at least good and fun for Kamen Rider fans.

That said, I don't like how Fourze nerfed the gauges. Hopefully it'll be fixed for the next game, but meanwhile I'll stick with this one, even so.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! SUBARASHI!!!!
If you go to command list, BuraKaWani's aerial special is named as Warning Ride, they don't put the three rings there for no reason.:thumbs:

K

Kamen Rider IXA

If only Amazing/Liner/Burning Forms were playable... Just one of them is okay for me.
Is there any chance that they are secret forms, or may be unlocked by some unusual method?

Supaidaman!
I'll have to disagree here. CH and CHW were not good games. Let's not fool ourselves, they weren't. It was on OOO that the series became more than a horribly balanced, gimmicky pseudo-fighting game. OOO's changes (the addition of different gauges, taking out that horrible counter system, making transformations not time-limited, etc.) improved the game a lot, making it at least good and fun for Kamen Rider fans.

These games were always subpar, tbh.

I'd agree that OOO made it more of a Rider fanservice game, but none of the changes in OOO made it more balanced or less gimmicky.

Time-limited transformations is a good example of where an element of strategy was completely nixed for the purposes of fanservice. It made sense to have stronger forms that were time limited, but since OOO there's nothing to stop you just rushing to a stronger form and staying there for the rest of the game. Who's really going to stay with Blade form Den-O when Climax Form is basically just a stronger version?

Also a nitpick: Why the hell does Black RX get Kingstone flash?

Radar is a counter attack. Fourze sidesteps right after it hits. It's a real good switch because of how long the counterstance is activated.

And Magic Hand is really magic. Video later.