Banned
If that's a mistake, then the Hulu subs made it too. It was cornstarch and strong/weak flour there as well.

I really wish people would stop thinking unless this show does exactly what the game did that it has to be wrong. I don't mean you ice, I am just talking in general.

Just a passing through RP'er
The only complaint that I've got is that the Personas Yu is using are so freaking O.P. I mean, Pyro Jack is a level 32 Persona on the FIRST dungeon. Yamata No Orochi (the green snake in Kanji's dungeon) is level 34 in the second dungeon (Shadow Kanji around level 20 people, it's WAY overpowered.)

But still, Yu's the freaking protagonist so I guess it's alright to make him OP. And honestly, who cares? Persona 4 the Animation ROCKS!! :castlerock:

Banned
The only complaint that I've got is that the Personas Yu is using are so freaking O.P. I mean, Pyro Jack is a level 32 Persona on the FIRST dungeon. Yamata No Orochi (the green snake in Kanji's dungeon) is level 34 in the second dungeon (Shadow Kanji around level 20 people, it's WAY overpowered.)

But still, Yu's the freaking protagonist so I guess it's alright to make him OP. And honestly, who cares? Persona 4 the Animation ROCKS!! :castlerock:

But see every persona game those are different level persona's. This also isn't the game.

Yeah, that wasn't "oh my god, the anime got this wrong because it wasn't exactly like the game rabble rabble rabble" so much as "this change they made was consistent between different sub sources." I'm all for the anime taking things in a similar but distinctly different direction from the game. Hell, it's these changes that are actually keeping my interest in it. If it was a direct copy and paste job...well, I'd just play the game instead.

PARTY HARD
I know where you're coming from, but I find it kind of disappointing that they are using game mechanics, but not acting on them. Specifically, Yamata no Orochi and Konohana Sakuya. I don't know if Commie did this (and I am aware how you don't want us to talk about subs, but this bit is important to me), but Konohana Sakuya is of the Priestess Arcana; Anime Nation/Hulu put it and Yukiko's Arcana as "The Empress", while the card clearly shows the II Arcana, The (High) Priestess.

I couldn't tell if that was a genuine mistake or mistranslation, but I kinda don't wanna check other sub groups to see if that was also put as well, mostly because Persona 4 isn't a series I'd consider rewatching for shiggles.

Another factor I wasn't exactly fond of was the Fusion for Yamata no Orochi; even though it's the anime, the anime has been following most of the game mechanics "to the letter" (save weapons and items) up until this point, where they fused The Priestess (Yukiko's Arcana) and The Magician (Yosuke's Arcana) to get The Moon (Ai's Arcana), which specifically became Yamata no Orochi.

Looking at this chart, I was looking at that bit the entirely wrong way. The Moon Arcana CAN be made by both the Priestess and The Magician. I was looking at it wrong because of the fusion materials used for Yamata no Orochi listed in one guide for the game, which was an Empress and a Fool, as well as a wikia-like game guide, which has been surprisingly useful during my first playthrough of the game . That makes me The Fool (lol see what I did there?). I can't find anywhere else that lists Yamata-no-Orochi with anything but The Empress and The Fool.

So I'm going to be doing these Differences reviews properly, I better start paying attention to this chart from now on for any more Fusions. Totally my bad.

Really Hulu? Again with the mature audience only? Granted this time it's a bit more understandable, but c'mon.

The new intro was...well, anime as hell, but a nice way to weave in Rise's concert without detracting from the plot. Overall it was another solid episode. I'm not too fond of how they sorta shoehorned in her social link as well, but I think it did a better job of getting the mood of the whole "idol taking a break" thing. Kanji's quickly becoming one of my favorite characters. Having him voiced and more animated just gives him much more character than he had in the game. Plus, any scene the delivery girl shows up in is bound to be good.

In any event, this episode introduced another main character, which gives me an excuse to make another dumb photoshop.

rise2.jpg

PARTY HARD
LMAO

I didn't know Rie Kugimiya voiced Alphonse. Oh god. I gotta watch this episode. Maybe tomorrow after I work on the comic.

Yup. I'm kinda tempted to go back and do crappy VA joke shops for the other characters as well. Maybe I'll do it later in the week.

BELIEVE IN THE #KYOUKOARMY
Yup. I'm kinda tempted to go back and do crappy VA joke shops for the other characters as well. Maybe I'll do it later in the week.

Not sure if you do video as well, but try splicing some Gokaiger footage to coincide with Kanji's voice instead of the Mobirates lol =P