Eye See You
But is there a Japanese American that is good looking enough that you think would be a good Akira lead?.

Like what I said, the movie adaptation is at the disgression of the people making the movie. Heck, Nick Fury in the comics was white, and he's now being played by BAMF Samuel L. Jackson... . Anyway, this is a talk thread, so everybody can put in their two cents. That's your opinion, so I'll respect it. So, let's just wait for the movie...
The Black Nick Fury is based on Marvel's "The Ultimates" comic book series which has him look like Samuel Jackson. And since the united universe films are based on multiple psects of the comic lines instead of just one, they happened to take Samuel Jackson fury and made it into a badass reality.

I respect your opinion too, just nitpicking at what you aid about MMPR. :p

But is there a Japanese American that is good looking enough that you think would be a good Akira lead?.

Yeah. There are plenty of young unused talent which could be used as Kaneda. And he doesn't necessarily have to be Japanese since Koreans/Chinese share a common look due to the Sinosphere influence culturally and physically.

As I recall, Noah Ringer was an unknown. Why not hire Asian American teens as Kaneda and Tetsuo? There's no way there aren't many actors and actresses from their communities which could be utilized. I just want WB and the director to TRY finding capable actors from those communities and if they cannot , then I would understand.

It's the sheer LACK OF EFFORT perpetuated by Hollywood that is the problem since there are young people who would be able to perfectly fit the roles that they AREN'T scouting for. Everyone is complaining about the LACK of jobs in America yet they won't consider hiring more people who happen to be PoC in leading roles alongside Whites.

Who? For Akira or Kaneda?

He means Kaneda probably since its a major misconception that the kid on the cycle IS Akira. I thought that for a while until I read the manga.

Akira is one fugly kid to be sure.

For Gigantor/Tetsujin 28-go fans, Kaneda is named after the Jimmy Sparks/Shotaro Kaneda character , the lead of the manga and anime.

Everywhere You Go
Yeah. There are plenty of young unused talent which could be used as Kaneda. And he doesn't necessarily have to be Japanese since Koreans/Chinese share a common look due to the Sinosphere influence culturally and physically.

As I recall, Noah Ringer was an unknown. Why not hire Asian American teens as Kaneda and Tetsuo? There's no way there aren't many actors and actresses from their communities which could be utilized. I just want WB and the director to TRY finding capable actors from those communities and if they cannot , then I would understand.

It's the sheer LACK OF EFFORT perpetuated by Hollywood that is the problem since there are young people who would be able to perfectly fit the roles that they AREN'T scouting for. Everyone is complaining about the LACK of jobs in America yet they won't consider hiring more people who happen to be PoC in leading roles alongside Whites.
Man, I agree with you so much. I'm glad you share the same view as me. If the movie is in pre-production, then there may be hope that they'll cast Asian actors as the characters who are supposed to be Japanese.:D

Kaneda is a bar owner in Neo-Manhattan who is stunned when his brother, Tetsuo, is abducted by government agents led by The Colonel.

Desperate to get his brother back, Kaneda agrees to join with Ky Reed and her underground movement who are intent on revealing to the world what truly happened to New York City thirty years ago when it was destroyed. Kaneda believes their theories to be ludicrous but after finding his brother again, is shocked when he displays telekinetic powers.

Ky believes Tetsuo is headed to release a young boy, Akira, who has taken control of Tetsuo's mind. Kaneda clashes with The Colonel's troops on his way to stop Tetsuo from releasing Akira but arrives too late. Akira soon emerges from his prison courtesy of Tetsuo as Kaneda races in to save his brother before Akira once again destroys Manhattan island, as he did thirty years ago.

Yeah.....so is he a bar owner underground for teenagers like a gang? This sounds like fan-fiction until they clarify who and what the **** is going on.

He's the last of his kind. The only one who can bend all of the elements..... You're destinies are tied...Colonel.....

"The Last MotorBiker"

(っ・ω・)っ
I think that the original animation was just so mindblowingly beautiful.. that no matter how good the actors and effects are with this movie, it wont even begin to compare. Akira will always be a classic IMO.
Like pitting the original Dracula against Tru Blood.. some people may like the new show and take on vampires.. but... it'll never truly compare. That's just IMO anyways.