Gokaiger; Goseiger - 199 Hero Great Battle - Discussion Thread

Raxbait: Hip
Man, it would be cool if they did shots like this for all of the Gokai guests.

HSyH01.jpg

Minato Ascending
Did the Goseigers ever say why they needed their powers back so badly?

I'm there are some senshis, like Karou in the Shinkenger two-parter, who felt that the powers belong to them so they feel the need to get them back and have the ability to repeal the Zangyack invasion.

二番目の翻訳者
Well, to be fair, it's always hard to come up with a good reason why two Super Sentai teams would want to fight each other. The best excuse was probably in Shinkenger vs Goseiger, because the only senshi they fought was Shinken Red due to the fact that he was brainwashed, so there was no plot hole or leap of logics right there.

Well, yeah, of what I've seen of the Vs. movies, there's usually some brainwashing involved (like Gao vs. Hurri) or some sort of fake-out... the only other versus movie I can think of that involved the teams fighting in good faith was Car vs. Oh, and in that case it does rely diagetically on the Carrangers being idiots. :laugh:

(That's only from what I've seen and what I can remember, though; for some reason I can never actually remember anything about Mega vs. Ginga, even though I watched it pretty recently. Someone more well-versed in Vs. movies could help me out.)

Anyway, I think the reason the Goseigers wanted to steal back the keys so badly is because, again, they had no reason to think the Gokaigers were going to use them to protect Earth. Especially since the Gokaigers, uh, come right out and say, "we don't care about protecting Earth." Despite the fact that they've already demonstrated that they do, repeatedly.

The Goseigers should know this and the Gokaigers should be able to admit to this. But they don't, because then the misunderstanding would be easily resolved and the teams wouldn't have a reason to fight. That's why it's Idiot Plot.

Last edited:
D

Dr Kain

I got my BD this morning of this and it is awesome. Not the movie, will be watching that tonight after I get several hours out of Zelda, but the packaging. It came with some awesome cards with every Sentai team on them and the backside has the main mech from each of the series. It also looks like the package is a BD/DVD combo set too because it came with a DVD of the movie. Anyway, I cannot wait to watch it.

Minato Ascending
I got my BD this morning of this and it is awesome. Not the movie, will be watching that tonight after I get several hours out of Zelda, but the packaging. It came with some awesome cards with every Sentai team on them and the backside has the main mech from each of the series. It also looks like the package is a BD/DVD combo set too because it came with a DVD of the movie. Anyway, I cannot wait to watch it.

What kind of cards are those? Are they the cards with barcodes on them for the Super Sentai arcade game?

GAMMA TSUNAMI! (╯°□°)╯︵
I finally watched this movie with subs. I didn't like it all that much. The cameos felt really tacked on. The only scenes I really enjoyed were the opening legend war and the final mecha fight.

So my Blu-ray collector's pack came today. It took some unusual methods to get the BD to play on my computer's BD drive :redface2:.... but it was worth it.

Quality of the video is amazing: http://i.imgur.com/oPqI6.jpg

I also noticed that something must have been on the lens for this shot (black-ish line starts about mid-way down on the left side, gets larger as it hits the bottom corner).... and I'm very surprised they went with it and didn't do a re-shoot (though it would have been time consuming to do):

Something I haven't seen though... there is a creditless ending, but I don't see it on the BD disc, or the DVD with the extras. Where is it?:sly:

Last edited:
D

Dr Kain

Just watched the BD of the 199 Sentai movie and it was pretty awesome. I thought I would have an issue dealing with the Goseigers for 80 minutes, but they did not take away from anything really. The battle sequence against the other teams was so fangasmic. It is a shame the BD does not have any making of feature on it, as that would have been cool to watch. Anyway, definitely one of the best team up movies and I am looking forward to seeing the Ghost Ship one in Feb.

Something I haven't seen though... there is a creditless ending, but I don't see it on the BD disc, or the DVD with the extras. Where is it?:sly:

When you get into the special features menu you have 4 options. The first two are like minute long trailers, the third is a 3 minute commercial, and the fourth is the creditless ending. It is pretty awesome and I wish I had it back at the anime convention this past Sept when I did a History of Super Sentai panel. Instead, I had to splice the songs together to get every team in there.

FieryRed, they are thick square cards, not the card game ones, as I'm assuming that is what you are asking about. They are awesome. If I get the chance this weekend (when I'm not playing Zelda or watching Doctor Who), I'll try to take a pic of a couple of them so you can see what I mean.