So you would encourage people to be overweight?
Hi, straw man!

What I want is for people to have access to real information instead of propaganda. What people decide to do with this information when they have it is their call and theirs alone.

The same way you prejudge anyone based on looks?

But what are you going to prejudge them on?

Hi, straw man!

What I want is for people to have access to real information instead of propaganda. What people decide to do with this information when they have it is their call and theirs alone.

What propaganda? If you're saying that it's healthier for someone to be overweight than to be relatively fit (emphasis on 'relatively', not poster-child gym rat), then why don't you encourage people to be overweight?

What propaganda? If you're saying that it's healthier for someone to be overweight than to be relatively fit (emphasis on 'relatively', not poster-child gym rat), then why don't you encourage people to be overweight?
Because there is more to health than weight, and also because correlation does not imply causation.

As a person who has struggled with his weight for most of his life, I say that there is no good reason to be overweight.

And no, it's not because my body made me feel inferior. I was never even the obese kind of fat. I loved being big because it made you stand out and helped at keeping bullies and thugs away if you knew what you were doing.

The reason is that when you're around your 30s all that crap you ate will come back to haunt you. It's never fun having to take medication every other meal or else risk feeling like crud every day.

I don't get why all these plus-sized people try so hard to show that they're proud of their body, or any rationale for showing why being overweight is a good thing.

There's nothing to be proud of by being fat, nor is there a good reason for being overweight.

Because there is more to health than weight

Did I say otherwise?

and also because correlation does not imply causation.

True, but that doesn't mean it's a good idea to purposefully be overweight or underweight. That's why it's called "over" and "under". Because you're over or under the weight that's best for your height and body type.

Eye See You
As a person who has struggled with his weight for most of his life, I say that there is no good reason to be overweight.

And no, it's not because my body made me feel inferior. I was never even the obese kind of fat. I loved being big because it made you stand out and helped at keeping bullies and thugs away if you knew what you were doing.

The reason is that when you're around your 30s all that crap you ate will come back to haunt you. It's never fun having to take medication every other meal or else risk feeling like crud every day.

I don't get why all these plus-sized people try so hard to show that they're proud of their body, or any rationale for showing why being overweight is a good thing.

There's nothing to be proud of by being fat, nor is there a good reason for being overweight.

This.

I'm a good 30lbs overweight now after weighing myself the other day and I can feel it more than ever as I am almost hitting 30. I can lose 30lbs in 1 month, and I always gain it back in 6 months. But now I feel I need to drop it again, my only problem is beer drinking and eating pizza because it's so fucking good.

There is a good reason for being overweight, it's called loving food and disliking exercise. That's good enough for me, nothing to be proud of but still a good reason. :p

When The Fruit Of Life Corrupts Men

They're not promoting obesity, they're promoting "acceptance of one's own self"

So many people, young women especially, are constantly pressured by the media to look a certain way and if they don't, well.........let's just say they won't be getting a ride on the "babymaking tain" anytime soon

Eye See You
They aren't pressured by media they pressure themselves because they see it in the media. I have no remorse if one wants to be a complete tool.

always henshining'

very good reasoning man !