Power Rangers 2012-2013 News Thread - Production on hold until 2012

#MissionMiami
Seems like they could have went to TOEI and Bandai and discussed skipping or hold off on Goseiger in favor of Gokaiger.

Let's be honest. If Micheal Copon helped them with some casting and Rick Medina, Paul came back for Bulk all that tells me is Saban wants to keep these guys around for 2012 instead of 2014.

I also think they found out the Samurai cast is interested in doing other ventures, so none would probably be available for the Gokaiger adaptation which probably put pressure on them to want to possibly do it now while they still remain under contract.

Goseiger doesn't even appear in Gokaiger like that for them to really focus on it.

Maybe, JUST maybe they're using this time to make short adaptations of the super sentai they skipped so gokaiger will be easier to adapt?

Uh dude, have you seen 199 Hero yet? :sweat:

Since when was a sentai vs movie EVER directly adapted? Fairly certain all of the PR crossovers have been COMPLETELY different.

You don't see the nejirangers being in the Megaranger vs Gingaman movie do you?

I don't think the space pirates were even introduced before the PRiS/PRLG crossover.

CRETINS! ALL OF THEM!
They actually used footage of Ginga VS GoGoV for the team up but that was the only time. Maybe the 'Clash of the Red Rangers' will use actual Shinken VS Go-on footage though.

My best guess is that Gokaiger would fit better as an aniversary series, but I don't think they'll drop Goseiger entirely, maybe they'll just move them to the next year or pull a 'Mighty Morphin Alien Rangers' on us and just use them for a short mini series so they are explained for any Legend War footage.

Goseiger also feels like it would be WAY too tied up with the Japanese merchandise. The Dice-Oh machines and cards were in the frickin' show all the time and neither of those are coming to America.

I would certainly loved if the Goseiger were presented as Rangers from "Eltar, the planet where the very first Power Rangers in the universe were created" (basically just name-dropping the planet with one short sentence of exposition without having to waste time connect it to the past, just make it a quick wink ya know?) and that all Rangers from other worlds were inspired in some way by Eltarians!

#MissionMiami
They should try tying Goseiger into the MMPR storyline or simply putting them into the bunch of never before seen Rangers like Maskman, Dynaman, Jetman, etc.

The new Tendou Souji
Since when was a sentai vs movie EVER directly adapted? Fairly certain all of the PR crossovers have been COMPLETELY different.

I'm just saying that Goseiger does hold a decent role in Gokaiger, contrary to what Punk was saying prior to that post. What Saban does with the movie story is irrelevant to my point that there is a decent amount of Goseiger footage involved in it that's there for the taking.

has left HJU. Not coming back.
If they skip Goseiger for the adaptation, I'll be pissed off.

If they are continuing Samurai's character's, they should pull the Thunderzords' transformation sequence again for the zords and the rangers too. They get new powers which allows them to fight a new enemy or they change form and make the Goseiger forms a power up until they completely abandon the Shinkenger suits due to the newer enemy. OR, just add a new kanji which allows the zords to change into the Gosei mechs while Antonio becomes GoseiKnight.

I don't think the Samurai Rangers are going to be involved in the next PR series full time.

The Dice-Oh machines and cards were in the frickin' show all the time and neither of those are coming to America.

WHAAAAAAAAAT?!

And here I was getting my hopes up with that Tai Chi chasers dub.

Granted I have yet to find any info on an aracade game associated with it...Not to mention it's a korean anime thus bandai probably has nothing to do with it.

Konami HAS released the duel terminal here. It's kind of hard to find one though....bad move on their part...

I would certainly loved if the Goseiger were presented as Rangers from "Eltar, the planet where the very first Power Rangers in the universe were created" (basically just name-dropping the planet with one short sentence of exposition without having to waste time connect it to the past, just make it a quick wink ya know?) and that all Rangers from other worlds were inspired in some way by Eltarians!

Sounds like something the guy who owns the power ranger super sentai sim on SL would come up with.