Yup but it´s hard to speculate, when there are NO news or infos about it.
We heard nothing confirmed since this last 2 facts:

• Saban Brands filed a trademark for the name, "Power Rider."
    and
  • Saban Entertainment registered the domain "PowerRider.Org"

That are the 2 only things we know so far.

Exept the new copyrights

They still exist. It's just that they don't make Kamen Rider adaptations anymore.

The thing is, Black RX was EASY to adapt! It was a no brainer! Yet Saban somehow fucked that up. HOW IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE!? :sly:

Ryuki, however, was very hard to adapt considering the Highlander-esque storyline, which would get ZERO approval from ANY kids network in the US, hence why Adness took a long time to make Dragon Knight.

Black RX's premise was more straightforward than Ryuki's, and lighter-toned than all of its predecessors (including Black).

A lot of fans do. The man's work is legendary, especially compared to a lot of the Heisei crap. Making terrible versions of his work is quite insulting.

He did it real good in the crossover episode and somewhat carried it to his main series . Poorly executed, yes. But RX has been said to be worse than its predecessor Black ,which is why I said that. Masked Rider ,despite its flaws had great ideas to do the series if only they stripped Ferbus and had an actual budget like Power Rangers so they could film new footage .

They could have done Ryuki straight on, just don't show the deaths on screen and make them either:

A.Sit down and rest for a while., ala Kimba the White Lion :laugh:
B. Get sent into the Shadow Realm.

It only took a long time from acquiring the rights because of the fiasco. It seemed even Disney was to adapt it as Dragon Rider and they owned Masked Rider, so that may have held things off.

You don't know insulting, and as legendary as he is , Osamu Tezuka is a god of manga, a Walt Disney of sorts who did 700+ different mangas in his lifetime who had more to his name than two mere series. Dr. Tezuka had to deal with even worse with his flagship title Astro Boy:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LexpX7Z-S2Q"]Astro Boy Toku OP[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xmipeLYxQY&feature=channel_video_title"]More scenes[/ame]

So when you have to argue about anything about the Heisei Riders ,Masked Rider or even any live action adaptations of anime. And while the latter might be justified in hatred, they former two have nothing on the above abominations.

So when you say it might be insulting, please think again of what your definition of insulting is . Because as I last seen , the Kamen Riders weren't buttraped into oblivion like the Astro Boy series, Fist of the North Star or ATLA into godawful adaptations with their new iterations.

Was it ever verified that Ishinomori said that? It seriously sounds like something an angry fan would say. I've always figured that Ishinomori would have loved these bizarre adaptations, Hirayama in particular seems like the sort of dude that would have liked a character like Dex.
:thumbs:

I just find the whole thing concerning Shotaro's "anger" towards the adaptation as a bunch of crap. IT was underfunded and Fucking Ferbus needed to die, otherwise it had potential to be something cool. IT was strange and different, and I fail to see why he would have not liked it when he likes those sorts of things.

Golden Deal
No, you just read that wrong

Toei said that they will put the series "UP FOR BID FOR A US ADAPTION", they never said that they're blantantly handing Saban the franchise again

:sly: Do you speak japanese?
Because OR said something different:
But what is striking in the article is that it mentions that Toei will soon make another attempt in making Kamen Rider popular in the United States!

This could be a good indication that Power Rider could be this said "another attempt".

Last edited:
:sly: Do you speak japanese?
Because OR said something different:

This could be a good indication that Power Rider could be this said "another attempt".

Or not. Why not go off the limited heels of KRDK and just call it Kamen Rider: Series Title. I swear this franchise has had more renamings than American shows in Canada get.:redface2:

The Kamen/Masked Rider brand is known around the world and dubbed except in the West ,where adaptations are only known. Either way, calling it a new title again (It's only been 3 years almost since KRDK premiered) would be superfluous. They should just explain away Kamen meaning Masked so they can include the RX adaptation also sans Ferbus.

I'm hoping whoever gets it calls it Masked or Kamen Rider and just stop renaming it for Christ's sake.

Golden Deal
Or not. Why not go off the limited heels of KRDK and just call it Kamen Rider: Series Title. I swear this franchise has had more renamings than American shows in Canada get.

Don´t ask me, ask the broadcasters :D
Here in Germany 90% of the US Shows, films and TV series are renamed when they air here but i don´t mind most of them.^^

Maybe Toei don´t want to confuse their eastern audiences and instead hang it to the PR Franchise in the west (that would explain, why "Power Rider" was registred ansd not "Kamen Rider")

The Kamen/Masked Rider brand is known around the world and dubbed except in the West ,where adaptations are only known. Either way, calling it a new title again (It's only been 3 years almost since KRDK premiered) would be superfluous. They should just explain away Kamen meaning Masked so they can include the RX adaptation also sans Ferbus.

I'm hoping whoever gets it calls it Masked or Kamen Rider and just stop renaming it for Christ's sake.

And again: tell that the broadcasters because they rename it^^

Last edited:
CRETINS! ALL OF THEM!
What the frell is up with that link? I can't read it, it keeps reloading on its own!

Woot I can't wait! I wonder when casting starts. (got the 1000 post and started the 100th page)

Last edited: