Status
Not open for further replies.
dude nerdisms thats what you are
came home saw a package from one of my favorite anime ebay stores that i usually get things from...it was addressed to my girlfriend. was like what'd you buy me she said zilch I bought me some OOOs cause i like his suit! so meh! yay i've coverted her!

"Let's DRIVING!!!!!"
:laugh:

Well that's a funny story. I hope that your girlfriend gets something in return, like a big "Thank You!" or something. Otherwise, she might consider in doing something terrible to it with a "you know what."

All your FACES are belongs to ME!!!
A thank you? Well, Deez's GF bought it for herself, and not for Deez.

WAKE UP FEVER
I like Uva, I really do. But if I find out that anybody actually shelled out $84.99 for him, I'll hope they have tens if not hundreds of thousands more dollars where that came from or at least learn something from the experience of waaaaaay overpaying for Figuarts.

Between receiving Uva at the same time as Golza (I think that's where all his leg plastic went!) and being shocked at how flimsy and weak his legs feel, I was underwhelmed for sure, but I have to admit that the figure is otherwise an excellent one. The orb on his chest being made of clear plastic was an incredibly nice touch. And that head sculpt is perfection.

Just keep his stand around all the time. Just in case.

$85 is 6500Y.

If you can find me a less than 5000Y Uva on mandarake (or anywhere), go right ahead. With EMS shipping, which is 1500Y or so, that's still the same price. BBTS is $7 shipping, so the difference isn't that big.

As it stands though, $85 is about the going rate for him. Even on eBay, the cheapest one is $75 and $15 shipping.

$85 isn't altogether that crazy, right now.

Especially since the exchange rate seems to be going to ****.

On that note, Gokai Red is due out around the 29th, correct?

Last edited:
Actually it's the 23rd.

Thanks. And damn. Unless I get an order in at a place like HLJ or amiami when it's in, where I can delay my payment for a week, i don't think I'll find it outside of ebay. The day before release, I'm finishing paying for my Premium O-Medal Collection, and trying to preorder Gokai Pink before preorder is over. If I get Pink preordered and manage to get a Red, I'll have them all ordered/preordered.

I'm not SUPER worried. I care a lot more about the figures than the the Gokai Mech diorama wheels and seats that come with them, so I don't NEED the first run. But If I delay getting Red, then he'll be the ONLY one I have without that piece.

Eithe way, securing an order for the exclusives is more important. I can ebay Red later if I have to. Thanks for the info!

The links for BBTS and Amazon.com at the end of your review link to Faiz Axel (lol @ $117 for him on Amazon), but not Uva.

By the by, when you say "best OOO Figuart", do you have PuToTyra? (And do you just mean OOO himself, or him and Birth?)

Yah I got that fixed... bad copy and paste. I actually just got PuToTyra in the mail the other day and haven't opened it yet. When I say OOOs I mean combined. I love Birth, but Uva's sculpt is so fucking great...

I like Uva, I really do. But if I find out that anybody actually shelled out $84.99 for him, I'll hope they have tens if not hundreds of thousands more dollars where that came from or at least learn something from the experience of waaaaaay overpaying for Figuarts.

Between receiving Uva at the same time as Golza (I think that's where all his leg plastic went!) and being shocked at how flimsy and weak his legs feel, I was underwhelmed for sure, but I have to admit that the figure is otherwise an excellent one. The orb on his chest being made of clear plastic was an incredibly nice touch. And that head sculpt is perfection.

Just keep his stand around all the time. Just in case.

Agree... though like others have mentioned... the echange rate makes it not so far off.

Space Ninja
$85 is 6500Y.

Uva isn't worth $85. I'm not saying anything regarding how the exchange rate currently looks. I'm saying that the figure I have in hand is not worth paying that much. With patience, Uva could end up going for less on Mandarake, but I offer no guarantees.

By the way, checking the sold items on Mandarake does reveal many 4500-yen Uvas. As more people receive and sell theirs, I think they'll settle down into more competitive pricing. You just happened to miss the initial "cheap" Uvas.

Status
Not open for further replies.