Kamen Rider × Kamen Rider OOO & W feat. Skull: Movie War Core

I don't do sense
It's not big or ugly but it doesn't look good either.
[HIDE]
ra9e1s.jpg
[/HIDE]
Of all places to slap the sticker...

A simple passerby...
This movie did good as an epilogue to W but was a horrible OOO movie. It almost had no Ankh in it and Eiji was totally too easy to follow orders and a lot less like the Eiji we know. I think this would have done well as an arc in OOO the series itself, but it failed so much with being rushed and all. Who wrote this?

レイモン (雷蒙)
Why would they edit it? And why would they include Ankh's Taka medal when it doesn't even include Condor and Kujaku in the medal count (plus that medal count are the medals with Eiji only)? And why remove the blue medals, I could've sworn that I saw some blue medals inside the Medal Holder in the regular movie, unless the Director's Cut somehow removed that scene, or maybe I'm remembering stuff wrong.

Maybe that's why Kujaku & Condor were being lead to Movie War Core. Somehow Ankh manage to get his 2 Core Medals back.

I don't do sense
Kobayashi is credited as plot consultant or something of the sort for the OOO part.

But really I blame producers, not writers.

And why remove the blue medals, I could've sworn that I saw some blue medals inside the Medal Holder in the regular movie, unless the Director's Cut somehow removed that scene, or maybe I'm remembering stuff wrong.

I can see your point regarding Ankh, but Eiji had no blue medals in the Medal Holder shown earlier in the movie. There was one Taka, two empty spaces, 3 yellow cores, 3 green cores and 3 silver cores in the right. Then, 3 cell medals and a bunch of empty space in the left side.

Anyway, list of changes for the 2nd and 3rd parts:

W

44:11-44:16 – Extended shot of W looking at the Yummy and complaining about it before jumping.

44:43 - 45:00 - Extended shot of W vs Yummy. Terui is shown arriving in his bike in the background. Camera then changes to focus on him removing his sword from his bike. There’s a little bit more of W vs Yummy and only afterwards Terui finally arrives.

47:21 – 47:30 – Extended shot of the scene where Akiko runs away. Terui stumbles around and then uses his catchphrase on himself.

47:33 – 47:40 – Two extra shots of Fuuto while Shotaro describes Akiko’s situation. The description is expanded compared to the original one.

47:41 – 47:54 – Shot of Akiko’s back while the expanded explanation continues. Afterwards, she goes and lists everyone (comrades, father, Terui, etc, with the Kamen Rider form of each one flashing on screen)

48:08 – 48:12 – In the original, there was a shot of the river while Akiko remembered her father’s words about staying by her side. In the DC, there’s a quick flashback to the day she talked with her father on the phone that is going to be detailed later in the movie.

Skull

00:50:39-0050:44 – Extended shot of Melissa in her room complaining calling Soukichi to complain about how he’s doing nothing to protect her and it’ll be a big problem.

00:51:50 – 52:20 - Completely new scene. Soukichi and his partner are actually shown driving by Fuuto in their car. They don’t speak anything to each other, just look at a paper and then it starts raining. There’s also a shot of them leaving the car under heavy rain, while in the original the car was just shown parked outside with lighter rain.

00:52:23 – 52:43 – Completely new scene. Soukichi and his partner enter into the theater under the rain. Meanwhile, the Bat Dopant woman is standing outside, a man bumps into her, she acts like there was no problem, but right afterwards beats him up and then walks in the direction of the theater.

00:58:32 – 00:58:37 – Shot of Soukichi walking through the agency and turning on the lights before going into the Skull room.

01:01:23 – 01:01:33- There’s a longer shot of the architecture expert. Soukichi takes him and his informant wishes him well while they leave. There’s also an extra exterior shot of the Yaguchi Entertainment Company.

01:05:09 – 01:05:16- There’s a new shot of Skull touching the Memory in his driver and his scarf blowing. There’s also a few extra seconds of Shroud dodging Bat’s attacks.

01:05:26 – 01:05:30- The first shot of Skull beating up Masquarades is slightly exchanged before the camera cut.

01:05:54 – 01:06:00 – A few extra seconds of Skull vs Spider, just enough for two punches. Afterwards, Bat beating up Shroud.

01:08:33 – 01:08:42 – New extended cut of Soukichi escaping running through the Yaguchi agency again.

W

01:10:26 – 01:12:06 - Completely new scene. After the Yummy flies with Akiko, Shotaro and Terui stand up and shout for Akiko. Shotaro then complains about the Yummy and starts thinking about monsters in general. He goes on to remember the events of Begin’s Night, including Soukichi’s death. He decides that he’ll have to protect Akiko, and then Philip corrects him, saying that “we†will. Terui cries that he won’t let it steal his bride.

Skull

01:12:12 – 01:14:34- Completely new scene. Melissa walks alongside Fuuto’s ocean, singing. Soukichi finds her, tells her that she won’t need to run away now, he already knows the identity of the Spider Man. She actually already knew about his identity. He makes a promise to her to bring him back and then leaves with “Nobody’s Perfect†playing. However, right afterwards, Shroud appears and reveals that Spider Man will die if a memory break is used on him. She wonders if Soukichi will still fight.

01:15:50 – 01:16:07- Extended cut of Soukichi facing Matsu. The punch that drops his glasses doesn’t do so in the Director’s Cut. Soukichi grabs Matsu, but he hits him with his knee. Soukichi then hits him, grabs him again and punches him. Only then the glasses fall and Melissa arrives.

01:16:53-01:16:58 – When Soukichi seems the spider in Melissa’s hand, there’s a flashback to Yaguchi blowing up.

01:17:16 -01:17:26 – When Matsu mentions the attack on the theater where he used the Spider abilities, there’s new an extended cut where he explains the details before the flashback, and the flashback itself is longer.

01:17:56 – 01:18:07 - Flashback after the spider is implanted on Melissa is extended. Matsu is shown shouting about finding Melissa and then runs through the other way. Soukichi now is shown realizing that’s the reasons she avoided him in the present, rather than his voice during the flashback (which is cut in this version).

01:18:12 – 01:18:13 – When Matsu touches Melissa’s shoulder and says “lookâ€, now the camera moves away sooner, showing his face while he talks, rather than just his arm like in the original cut.

01:19:17 – They actually CUT one or two seconds of Melissa running through the corridor before being punched by Spider Man.

01:19:28 – 01:19:30 – Spider Man’s face takes the screen and he laughs at Soukichi.
01:20:57 – 01:20:59 – New close up of Bat Dopant’s face.

01:24:40 – 01:24:45- After Soukichi says that Matsu sold his soul for a Gaia Memory, there’s a flashback to them together in the past.

W

01:27:51 – 01:28:06 - After Akiko awakens, she wonders about where she is.

01:28:14 – 01:28:17 – Ugly black bar with “Director’s Cut†written there covering part of the “Gaia Memories†screen at the end of the W story.

Movie Wars Core

01:40:39-01:40:40 – The shot of the “Cristo Redentor†was changed to one also showing its surroundings.

01:42:12-1:43:27 – Very slightly extended shot of Akiko’s face after she hears Melissa’s words. Afterwards, W’s theme continues into the next scene, which is full screen, not running alongside the credits.

1:43:27 – 01:44:11 - Scene where Eiji returns is in full screen now, with OOO’s end of story theme from the tv show playing.

01:44:11 - 01:46:48 – Movie credits and theme song start playing. They’re just Gaia Memories and medals falling through the screen. No “Making of†footage or anything else, it's just like the background of the original credit sequence.

------

The Double part of the movie actually removed several small segments of the original footage, replacing it with tweaked versions or even completely different moments. That's kind of rare in a Rider DC, and much closer to what DC versions are actually supposed to be.

Anyway, the only change to the crossover segment, aside from full screen final scenes using soundtrack from the tv shows, was a different still shot of the Cristo Redentor. How random...:sweat:

Last edited: