Power Rangers 2012-2013 News Thread - Production on hold until 2012

How could Dino Thunder have a sixth ranger if Abaranger didn't?

They could have done it with stock footage manipulation, but it would be hard. Then again, I don't recall that much stock footage being used by that time since it was linked to the battlizer ,but then again the footage was blended so much better than the Saban seasons and higher quality so I'm not sure.

A possible story could be a Styracosaurus dino gem which only stabilizes with the golden dino morpher which uses the Red Ranger's suit as a base mask, perhaps recolored digitally as another ranger. But, anyways if they did use a ton of original footage for the fight scenes sans the mech scenes, it could've been done . However it would not be worth it because you would have to refilm sentai footage that would have to include the Red Ranger in with the AbareMax Ranger and write the story where the Abaremax suit comes in and out and have secondary role . Look at the Titanium Ranger in LSR where he was rarely in the footage while Abaremax is an upgrade of Red. While the latter had more footage in hand ,but it was an upgrade that pervaded throughout the second half of Abaranger nonetheless though the lesser ep. count in PRDT would make it easier to do it but not by much.

Overall, it would've been a bit more costly and not even worth it.

Why is every good TV show Cancelled
Do you really think they didn't do the Triassic Ranger power-up intentionally? It seemed fairly well thought out, if you ask me...

Also, that was before Kalish degraded the series & Disney completely gave up on it- honestly, even then, they added three american rangers in Jungle Fury, if very sparingly. Honestly, I think Triassic Ranger was on purpose.

Do you really think they didn't do the Triassic Ranger power-up intentionally? It seemed fairly well thought out, if you ask me...

Also, that was before Kalish degraded the series & Disney completely gave up on it- honestly, even then, they added three american rangers in Jungle Fury, if very sparingly. Honestly, I think Triassic Ranger was on purpose.

I'm not sure really, but maybe as a homage to the red ranger's armor in season 1?

I thought Disney gave up on it since Ninja Storm because they never promoted it .

Kalish was pretty awesome and if Power Rangers was only 15-20 episodes long I could see him doing a great series, but it seems he was not suitable for long spanning series that run constantly like Sentai. Mind you , the first halves of SPD and Mystic Force were on par with their Japanese counterparts if not better if you let go of the hate it was overall. What should have happened is that the series should have been split into two seasons each and take two years to do the series like how many shows do and that's maybe why the series were half assed in a way. Not defending him , but seriously ,his run of the show were good for the first two and SPD got me hooked for the whole season which is pretty rare. Knowing how Disney gave up on the series , I can only assume he just stopped caring himself, especially since the fans who were then the primary audience , weren't supportive and quite rude to be honest.

The other inherent problem with Disney's handling was leaving a single man at the head of doing the series when Saban switched writers and exec. producers. DT's staff should've been brought back for Mystic Force and OO and then rotated back because after a while ,there's a thing called writer's block and mostly in his case , a burnout. You can only write so many things on one series that you get frankly tired of it unless you really love doing it and have outside support and constructive criticism . Which goes back to my point how the fans bashed him . If I was Kalish, I'd stop giving a **** about the fanbase after awhile which he was catering too. Hell, he slipped in various homages to sentai like Goranger and the effects were blazin' for sure.

Last edited:
I thought Ninja Storm because they never promoted it .

Uh no, Ninja Storm through SPD got buttloads of promotion. Hell, Ninja Storm had that whole K-Mart thing going on at the time. It wasn't until the near the end of Mystic Force that promotion stopping to slow down until it stopped at RPM.

Don't really see why I'm posting these auditions here anymore, but here are more candidates:

Richard Rose auditioned for Red Ranger.
http://twitter.com/#!/RichardRose_

Lindsey Mann and Elizabeth Pye of Studio Talent Group are auditioning.

Lindsey - http://www.studiotalentgroup.com/rw-asp/studiotalentgroup/talent.asp?talent=509

El-Jay tweeted the following in the morning:
Tweet: Just got a callback for a Nickalodeon tv show and for the new Power Rangers!! . #blessed
Link: http://twitter.com/#!/ELJ1AY

Kathy DiStefano auditioned for Pink Ranger
Tweet: Audition for the Pink Ranger today. Guess it's morphin time!
Link: http://twitter.com/#!/KathyDiStefano

Uh no, Ninja Storm through SPD got buttloads of promotion. Hell, Ninja Storm had that whole K-Mart thing going on at the time. It wasn't until the near the end of Mystic Force that promotion stopping to slow down until it stopped at RPM.

Come to think of it , I kinda remember somewhat of promotion for Ninja Storm but I stopped watching Power Rangers from Time Force until Dino Thunder came so I don't know. I would start to slow down on the promotion too , but it was really dumb for them to do that as they shot themselves in the foot many times for doing that since it was their property. They could have done something really awesome with the franchise ,but they were too stupid to do anything that might not be "family friendly" when much of the things they own aren't anyways. I was expecting a reboot in response to the Transformers film but they missed a great opportunity. They will regret ever letting the franchise go.

Eye See You
How could Dino Thunder have a sixth ranger if Abaranger didn't?

All they could have done was make AbareMax/Triassic Ranger the 6th Ranger, not much of a stretch since his mecha was different and PRTF had 2 Red Rangers on a team before too.