The word of the day is YES!YES!YES!
Suit isn`t great,but maybe it`ll look better once we see it in action

Could be worse..remember that awful blue and white costume he had in the comics for about a year?

Superman.. just seeing him inspires. Picture I'm seeing doesn't inspire. I feel more fear and darkness off this guy than pride in the best of humanity.

It's just the way everything is situated. It looks like he got slammed into that vault or something--a mid-action pic. Nevertheless, I'm down for some more but I think we may be waiting a little bit longer for the next pic.

I have a feeling Synder is going to put in a classic "red eye" scenes

Really show the "angry god" side of Superman

supermanbenes002.jpg

angrysuperman.jpg

It's sure to please the movie goers/fan who want to see Superman finally have an awesome fight. Have him punch someone.

Ofcourse some "Superman Return's" fan were happy with the more thought provoking side and less destruction. Bryan Singer has admitted he made "Superman Returns" as a chick flick

http://www.606studios.com/bendisboa...s-my-first-chick-flick..-emotional-kryptonite

"Even if you're the strongest man in the world," Singer said, "if the woman you love has found someone else that she's nearly married to that's not a bad guy, how do you figure out what your place is in that woman's life?" He added, "I call it my first chick flick."

I remember this causing arguments over people who wanted a real story VS the people that just wanted to see stuff blow up

Spawn wants his cape back. Aquaman wants his bodysuit texture back and Superman wants to know who the hell turned the saturation down so damn low his suit has Bizzaro's colors.

Zack Snyder baby! :buttrock:

:nono:

I honestly don't see what the problem is with hiring a British actor, or an actor of any kind to portray Superman. Story-wise, Superman is NOT American. He's an alien from planet Krypton. And wasn't Superman originally created by a Canadian? I heard that somewhere... Point is, it doesn't matter what kind of icon Superman is. If the actor can look the part, sound the part, and act the part, then he's just fine for the role.

It's the same argument that exploded when Dragonball Evolution was announced. Goku may be a Japanese icon, but his story was based on a Chinese story, and in the context of the story itself, Goku was ALSO an alien from a different planet, NOT Japanese. He doesn't have to be portrayed by an Asian or Japanese actor, and even if he had been, that wouldn't have saved Dragonball Evolution from being a crappy movie.

But white people can be other planets ,not Asians? That sort of white supremacist talk leads to whitewashing and limited roles for minorities. You first say that Superman can only be played by a white guy but Goku doesn't have to be Eastern Asian? That ***** Chatwin did not look the part, act the part ( More of a douche if you ask me ) or sound apart, nor did any of the actors on that film. The only thing that would've happened is if the film had Asians and it bombed, Hollywood would most surely make it a "reason" why Asian actors should not be leads rather than the cold fact it sucked, and you don't see that for white actors. I swear the day people come out of the womb as minorities, you're just fucked from the start, which is sorta why I feel that Airbender was not Shyamalan's fault.

Superman should be scrapped except for his powers ,and just throw in a Wolverine or Magneto personality into him because he is too boring,

Last edited:
HEROW
^ Awesome point...

busey_clapping.gif

Anyway, I especially agree with why the hell should a white guy portray somebody who's out of this planet and not some Asian guy which the source material actually had (Sun Wukong)?

But I have to agree with SamuraiEchidna with his point that if a British Actor can pull-off Clark Kent / Superman, then it shouldn't be a problem. I've seen non-American actors who can pull off an American persona quite well. We have Ewan McGregor (Obi-Wan, etc.) Ryan Cartwright (Gary from Alphas), and Hugh Jackman (Wolverine, etc.). The problem here lies in much the nationality has an impact on the icon itself. Kind of like problems which will come if you used a non-American actor to play Steve Rogers. Even if he can look, play, and sound the part, there's bound to be criticism on why not give the iconic role to someone who actually is part of what that icon represents... With regards to Superman though, I don't think nationality should be an issue.

is now a pony, it seems.
Superman could use a bit of attitude. Kind of like his DCAU counterpart.

Last edited: