Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger thread 2 (first post has collected info, please READ!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I liked him when he wasn't a god
Why would it be out of character for Luka to have a tragic past? It seems plausible to me that Luka would have a tragedy or trauma in her life, that's why she has built a tough exterior to protect herself and her emotions, except when it comes to Ahim (whom she viewed as her surrogate sister). I've read stories about real-life people who have had experienced tragedy or personal losses, which made them become more emotionless or have a tough personality, but inside they were as fragile as anyone. Anyway, I think having Luka with a dark past makes her more layed and complex, and not bored and one-dimensional.

The angst angle isn't "layered or complex", it's cheap and overdone. It would have been far less cliche and more refreshing for her to be as she was originally portrayed: a confident, outspoken character who is proud of what she does even when people don't agree with it. Not a generic emo-kid with a cut-out twagic backstory who only steals because she loves little children so much

It should have been obvious after the stupid maid episode that this show wasn't going to take Luka seriously anyway but I sincerely hope it will not screw up Marvelous. The Boukenger episode is not a good sign, however

Last edited:
When Gokaigers started, they had no interest in protecting Earth or it's people since they were only cared about the treasure. Which also brought them into conflict with some of the older Rangers, especially the Goseigers. But much has changed, since they're more willing to fight for the people. Just because Marvelous, Joe, & Luka goes around acting tough just because they each had a tragic past doesn't make them weak. It makes them more human. Despite that Don, Ahim, & Gai represents the Gokaigers' kinder side.

The angst angle isn't "layered or complex", it's cheap and overdone. It would have been far less cliche and more refreshing for her to be as she was originally portrayed: a confident, outspoken character who is proud of what she does even when people don't agree with it. Not a generic emo-kid with a cut-out twagic backstory who only steals because she loves little children so much

It should have been obvious after the stupid maid episode that this show wasn't going to take Luka seriously anyway but I sincerely hope it will not screw up Marvelous. The Boukenger episode is not a good sign, however

the layered and complex part was exactly my point... It seemed rush in in her story. I don't mind her having a angst past. Shows how she grew up before the events in the show started and give us insight to whatever gorwth she will have in the show, but the way they keep throwing things in their story annoyes me because it mostly feels out of character... I mean, even if Marvelous was a bit down for all the memories he was having from AkaRed in the boukenger episode, it did felt way out of character the way he acted until they were traped in the cave... If almost felt like he was menstruating (no ofense to the ladies in here) or something...

they keep trying to give the characters insight, and it's fine for me, as long as they try to do it within reason and in a good way... Like Ahim for instance. She is kind to people because she saw first hand what being evil and insensitive can do... And she choose to be kind and polite for others.... An angst past that she overcame. That is a nice one for me, and makes me love Ahim to the bone...

わたし は ケモノ ライダ!
Anyone know when Basco will be finally defeated? Just wondering 'cause he pops up every few episodes since his debut just to randomly cause trouble.

I mean, even if Marvelous was a bit down for all the memories he was having from AkaRed in the boukenger episode, it did felt way out of character the way he acted until they were traped in the cave... If almost felt like he was menstruating (no ofense to the ladies in here) or something...

Do you know something called "character development"? Just do some search and check what it means.
The way you're talking, it seems you expect the characters to be completely unidimensional, predictable and boring (like the Goseigers), which doesn't really make sense.

Btw, i think the bit about Luka's sister was done ok exactly because they didn't make a big fuss out of it. If presented in a dragged and overdramatic way, THEN it would feel wrong and forced.

But much has changed, since they're more willing to fight for the people. Just because Marvelous, Joe, & Luka goes around acting tough just because they each had a tragic past doesn't make them weak.

Yeah, but apparently there are people who think they must be tough all the time, just because they are and that's it. Whoa, how deep.

Yeah, but apparently there are people who think they must be tough all the time, just because they are and that's it. Whoa, how deep.
[HIDE]
b187.jpg

Current_Raikage.PNG
[/HIDE]
The hole they'll punch in your throat will be pretty deep too.

Do you know something called "character development"? Just do some search and check what it means.
The way you're talking, it seems you expect the characters to be completely unidimensional, predictable and boring (like the Goseigers), which doesn't really make sense.

Btw, i think the bit about Luka's sister was done ok exactly because they didn't make a big fuss out of it. If presented in a dragged and overdramatic way, THEN it would feel wrong and forced.

Yes I do know what it means... And no, I do not want them to turn unidimensional (and don't agree with the goseiger part tbh, at least not to all of them).

the fact that Luka's sister died explains why she turn to help EVERY other children. character development there... But honestly it served as a sad excuse to show she she treats Ahim like a 6 years old most of the time! and that is what bothered me... It didn't showed her soft side per se, we saw that before a lot of times before... She shows it to everyone in every episode one way or the other...

The fact that she explain to Don how she got her reflects on looking for shooting stars was character development and was damm well inserted in the episode in question. And even showed to a certain point why she was as good as Marvelous and Joe. It showed something of her we didn't knew back then or could even notice with non dialogue stuff...

I'm not saying they shouldnt have done it, all I am saying is I didn't like how they executed it. honeslty it deserved to be put in a Luka focus episode and given a bit more background, cause clearly it made Luka who she is in the series...

And did I miss something or did Don was never explained in any way? No flashbacks, no other character making a coment of his past or such... Getting curious here... :)

The new Tendou Souji

I only mind it 'cause... So, Luka's sis died and that led to her stealing from Zangyack? There's a big awkward gap there now and, feels weird man.

I liked him when he wasn't a god
whine whine whine bawwww I hate Goseiger

:rolleyes2:

I only mind it 'cause... So, Luka's sis died and that led to her stealing from Zangyack? There's a big awkward gap there now and, feels weird man.

Did the show say that? Maybe they were both thieves, or Luka was stealing to feed her sister ...

Anyone know when Basco will be finally defeated? Just wondering 'cause he pops up every few episodes since his debut just to randomly cause trouble.

Basco's actor will be involved in a theatrical production in October, so it seems likely the character will disappear within a few weeks' time. His role as a foil to Marvelous seems to be a lot like Juzou's in Shinkenger, so he will probably be back for the end of the show

Minato Ascending

They didn't explain why she stolen from Zangyack, just why she has been acting so protective and even maternal toward Ahim. We might get a backstory of why she crossed path with Zangyack later, though.

I think this is a good character development for Luka, and it shows that she was a different person back then, before her little sister was killed, and she evolved to the person that she is now. It didn't say that Luka wasn't confident and outspoken before though, but I think her tough exterior might (or might not) have been created after the death of her sister. I think what this episode really explained was her friendship with Ahim, and we should not use it as the writer's way to be an one-stop back story for not just her personality, but also her antagonism toward Zangyack Empire.

Status
Not open for further replies.