I bet Sony will follow immediately and drive Ninty to tears... again.

Well even with the price drop, I still won't pick it up, because it's region locked forever, and still hold a grudge on the DS.
Again? I guess you're talking about the PS2 era maybe.

PARTY HARD
I don't care about the free Advanced games. But at least I know Advanced games will be on the Nintendo Online Shop for the 3DS. I have my hopes up for games like Battle Network and Zelda Minish Cap that I miss SO much...

$169.99? Sweet. I may actually pick one up when that drop goes into effect! xD

It'd be worth it just for Ocarina of Time 3D.
I'd like to agree, even though I've already got the original for the N64.

I'd like to get a unit, but I still wouldn't be able to do so right at the beginning of the price drop.

DON'T PUSH THAT BUTTON!
Well even with the price drop, I still won't pick it up, because it's region locked forever, and still hold a grudge on the DS.

You DO realize that even with the region-lock, there are other methods of playing foreign 3DS games. You've never heard of a modchip or an R4?

Also, a grudge on the DS? The DS has an immense library of great games and anyone who isn't a fanboy will tell you this!

Again? I guess you're talking about the PS2 era maybe.

In Russia , it is said that Nintendo will drive Sony to tears . In the world, it will be true .

Sony can't compete with that at all, but it's most likely gonna get a Lite version which the Vita will go against, and in that it will win.

Which one would you get honestly? A portable N64 with 3d capabilities or a PSP Vita which has all that and better graphics minus the 3D. Just having the 3D in its name makes it overrated and that's not a good sign . Region locks are another hit into the coffin because it's been stated it is anti-competitive practice and strips consumer rights. And they wonder why people are pushed to bootleg and or pirate their games and films because these dumbasses haven't learned it will only spurn more loss and make them look worse. But what are they really losing anyways?

Piracy ,while unethical has yet to make even a dent into the gaming and film markets,with these changes bringing about disenchantment and lack of ease of use to the consumers ,not to the people they are targeting. It will always get cracked and they need to give up controlling people's consumption of games from a certain region . And with Sony's expansion into the smart phone market with the Xperia Play , it will be only a matter of time before Nintendo loses out on the market of handhelds, with IOS and Sony devices eating up their former base. And since the Vita is like the Touch, the 3DS will just lose out .

Large library? I love Nintendo and all, but most of the library is in the bargain bin , with the traditional 3 companies aside from Nintendo pumping out subpar games compared to the ones they have on other consoles. It's the same with the Wii. I would rather have a small library of great games than many crap games. And barely any of the audience who has that system know how to do that so they are as bad if not worse than Apple ,and why should the consumer have any difficulties to play games or movies THEY purchased?

It's things like this that make piracy a popular idea.

Last edited:
Anti-Anti
Maybe more people will pick up the 3DS, I'm just not quiet sold yet. Announce a new Pokemon title and I'll pick a 3DS up tomorrow, tho I'll have to keep my DS lite since I have Jump Ultimate Stars and still play it from time to time

Side note: how about capcom, lets see what those losers have to say about MML3 when the 3DS sales go up.

Maybe more people will pick up the 3DS, I'm just not quiet sold yet. Announce a new Pokemon title and I'll pick a 3DS up tomorrow, tho I'll have to keep my DS lite since I have Jump Ultimate Stars and still play it from time to time

Side note: how about capcom, lets see what those losers have to say about MML3 when the 3DS sales go up.

I don't see how feasible it is to pick a system for a single game series anymore as these systems are getting too expensive . They need to do what Apple does and just update the software instead of the hardware, and make them last beyond two years. If I want a throwaway system , I'll go for a Dreamcast or SNES instead of a multi-hundred dollar device which has little lasting ability.

Now, count up your crimes!
Fat good it'll do 'em. For all we know, they may have lost several third party support. We just lost Mega Man 3 Legend. If Nintendo don't shape up soon, they'll lose their top position in the handheld market.

Anti-Anti
I don't see how feasible it is to pick a system for a single game series anymore as these systems are getting too expensive . They need to do what Apple does and just update the software instead of the hardware, and make them last beyond two years. If I want a throwaway system , I'll go for a Dreamcast or SNES instead of a multi-hundred dollar device which has little lasting ability.

Because I'm a big fan of Pokemon, I had about 30 DS games when mine first broke and I just went back to playing Pokemon Fire Red on my GBA, until Diamond and Pearl were announced then I went and picked up another DS. I really only buy nintendo handheld systems for main pokemon titles since they're enjoy-able to me and worth my money.