Status
Not open for further replies.
Kind of random, but I just noticed that episode 21 was written by Kento Shimoyama... who also wrote the Goseiger/Shinkenger movie, and he's currently the main writer of the Bleach anime (since the beginning of the last filler arc). I wonder if we'll ever get a toku with him as the main writer... He has only done two Gokaiger episodes so far (the Boukenger one and the cards & infiltration one).

I first learned about him from some later Keroro episodes, which were pretty good too... when he wasn't randomly attempting to push forward his favorite pairing by hurting the characterization of some characters. In one of his last episodes, he brings back an old character just to completely ignore her crush and even make her actively antagonize the person she's supposed to like, with a grin on her face. It was basically fanfiction level writing.

Anyway, I've liked his Toku writing so far. It'd be interesting to see him having a bigger participation in a later show, even if not in the main writer position itself.

Some kind of Beast mode
Neon if he did what you mentioned...then I'd prefer he stay the fck away from Toku don't you think? lol Forgetting what you previously establish in a character (s) just cuz is terrible. lol Why do you want to see more of him?

Neon if he did what you mentioned...then I'd prefer he stay the fck away from Toku don't you think? lol Forgetting what you previously establish in a character (s) just cuz is terrible. lol Why do you want to see more of him?

Well, because otherwise he seems to be good? :sweat: I haven't seen him doing that stuff in tokusatsu so far anyway. Goseiger vs Shinkenger also quickly became my favorite Vs Movie, even though I'm not a fan of either team.

Even in Keroro itself, as long as he didn't get to write two specific characters(Two girls, Momoka and Chiruyo), his episodes were pretty good. It's just that he started trying to push a certain pairing in the later Keroro episodes, and those two characters suffered due to "competing" with the pairing he wanted. It also stood out because that only happened in his episodes, and every other writer basically ignored what he was trying to do. Either way, that's his one big flaw, but it hasn't appeared anywhere else so far.

Last edited:
Some kind of Beast mode
Well, because otherwise he seems to be good? :sweat: I haven't seen him doing that stuff in tokusatsu so far anyway. Goseiger vs Shinkenger also quickly became my favorite Vs Movie, even though I'm not a fan of either team.

Even in Keroro itself, as long as he didn't get to write two specific characters(Two girls, Momoka and Chiruyo), his episodes were pretty good. It's just that he started trying to push a certain pairing in the later Keroro episodes, and those two characters suffered due to "competing" with the pairing he wanted. It also stood out because that only happened in his episodes, and every other writer basically ignored what he was trying to do. Either way, that's his one big flaw, but it hasn't appeared elsewhere so far.

:hmm: If you say so Neon. :hmm: I'll give him a chance. Gosei vs Shinken was pretty great.

Some kind of Beast mode
Uhhh, I don't know if anyone else has noticed this but after watching Ep. 22 I think it's high time we start getting serious. I'm talking about the villains. If these charades go on any longer the villains will be tainted and in the end leave a bitter taste in my mouth.

Barizorg and Insaarn are now resorting to being comedians and Oils Gil is..is uh...he's still being himself.

Plus they stopped talking about his pops..w/e happened to him. The episodes, the schemes, the MOTW are still good, but the main villains are slipping.

Like, they dug themselves so deep a hole that it took a me a third watch of episode 21 to realize Insaarn actually stepped foot on earth...too actually do something...

I have a really bad feeling about this crew from now onwards.

Minato Ascending
Uhhh, I don't know if anyone else has noticed this but after watching Ep. 22 I think it's high time we start getting serious. I'm talking about the villains. If these charades go on any longer the villains will be tainted and in the end leave a bitter taste in my mouth.

Barizorg and Insaarn are now resorting to being comedians and Oils Gil is..is uh...he's still being himself.

Plus they stopped talking about his pops..w/e happened to him. The episodes, the schemes, the MOTW are still good, but the main villains are slipping.

Like, they dug themselves so deep a hole that it took a me a third watch of episode 21 to realize Insaarn actually stepped foot on earth...too actually do something...

I have a really bad feeling about this crew from now onwards.

Yeah, I agree. I really like all the Gokaigers (well, Gai is still growing on me), but for an enemy that all the sentai senshis had depowered to defeat, Zangyack for some reason just seemed like a very incompetent organization and it hardly seemed like they were capable of destroying other planets. If not for Basco, Zangyack would've been even more pathetic, led by the cowardly Waruzu Giru. I was hoping after the revelation about Barizorg in that episode with Joe, he'd get more development, but sadly he has been ignored since then.

I think it is about time that Giru's father the Emperor start making his appearance, or get more involved like when he sent his elite bodyguard to deal with the Gokaigers (and defeated them in round 1). Gokaigers is a very powerful sentai team, but without a powerful enemy to counter them the series will become stagnate over time. With the series almost half-finished, I think it is time for Toei to start upping the ante, like they did with OOO.

GAMMA TSUNAMI! (╯°□°)╯︵
Can the Gokai-oh's chest open up to reveal the Senpuujin's chest and then eject a karakuri ball? :laugh:

Lurker
Yeah, I agree. I really like all the Gokaigers (well, Gai is still growing on me), but for an enemy that all the sentai senshis had depowered to defeat, Zangyack for some reason just seemed like a very incompetent organization and it hardly seemed like they were capable of destroying other planets. If not for Basco, Zangyack would've been even more pathetic, led by the cowardly Waruzu Giru. I was hoping after the revelation about Barizorg in that episode with Joe, he'd get more development, but sadly he has been ignored since then.

I think it is about time that Giru's father the Emperor start making his appearance, or get more involved like when he sent his elite bodyguard to deal with the Gokaigers (and defeated them in round 1). Gokaigers is a very powerful sentai team, but without a powerful enemy to counter them the series will become stagnate over time. With the series almost half-finished, I think it is time for Toei to start upping the ante, like they did with OOO.

I agree. It's funny & quite embarrassing when Basco (& a monkey) can give the Gokaigers a run for their money than the main villains themselves. Plus after when Insarn makes the MOTW's grow, notice how there are many ships around where Waruzu Giru, Insarn, etc., are boarding on while the beam is targeting earth to the MOTW. Just what are they standing there for? They could've easily sent tons of those ships to earth & to demolish it within seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.