Minato Ascending
I liked it.

You know I would of thought that Utopia would of already been a NEVER at that point.

he mentions that as part of his position that he tries all parts of what the foundation wants to use. hence why he uses the memories and psychic powers.

though I guess since NEVER was cut off I guess thats why.

still I liked the movie. The red gloved eternal was a let down.

That's one thing I don't really get from this movie: whatever happened to the Eternal Red Flare? We saw Katsumi henshin into it, and then moments later this Eternal changed into a different pair of gloves plus a cape, like he looked in the A to Z movie. I only watched this movie once so did I miss something?

Red Flare was created by the memory not being fully compatible with the user. When Katsumi used it, the memory acknowledged him and he became the real Eternal.

Lurker
That's one thing I don't really get from this movie: whatever happened to the Eternal Red Flare? We saw Katsumi henshin into it, and then moments later this Eternal changed into a different pair of gloves plus a cape, like he looked in the A to Z movie. I only watched this movie once so did I miss something?

Eternal Red Flare was an incomplete form because Kazu's compatibility with the Eternal Memory wasn't high enough. Katsumi has a much higher compatibility so he was able to bring out Eternal's full power.

Minato Ascending
Red Flare was created by the memory not being fully compatible with the user. When Katsumi used it, the memory acknowledged him and he became the real Eternal.

Eternal Red Flare was an incomplete form because Kazu's compatibility with the Eternal Memory wasn't high enough. Katsumi has a much higher compatibility so he was able to bring out Eternal's full power.

I see. In this case, I do agree that Eternal Red Flare is rather disappointing, and it is interesting to find out that there's incompatibility with Gaia Memory and the Memory would actually reject its user, like it's a sentinel being or something. At least it did give us a "different" Eternal, for what it's worth.

Compatibility with Gaia memories was mentioned in the tv show, although this was the first time it was relevant to a Rider, not just a random Dopant.

Nice post!!
Gaia Memory compatibility is a big thing toward the end of W. Kazu has a line about how being a NEVER lets him be 98% compatible with Utopia, which makes him so powerful. Terror's Gaia Impact plot involved trying to make everyone on earth 100% compatible with Gaia Memories (which would also, y'know, pretty much kill everybody). That itself was rather similar to Eternal's plot in A to Z where Daido plans to transform everyone in Fuuto into a NEVER. So it sorta makes sense that compatibility comes up again as an issue in the Eternal movie.

Lurker
Gaia Memory compatibility is a big thing toward the end of W. Kazu has a line about how being a NEVER lets him be 98% compatible with Utopia, which makes him so powerful. Terror's Gaia Impact plot involved trying to make everyone on earth 100% compatible with Gaia Memories (which would also, y'know, pretty much kill everybody). That itself was rather similar to Eternal's plot in A to Z where Daido plans to transform everyone in Fuuto into a NEVER. So it sorta makes sense that compatibility comes up again as an issue in the Eternal movie.

There's also the bird girl with the Quezacolt Memory, Isaka said that she had a high compatibility with it.