The whole Batman and Green Lantern keeping their continuity is bullshit. Not in that it's unfair, rather it's a lie. In the space of 5 years Batman has had 5 Robins, had his back broken, and has died. Green Lantern, with all the different Earth Lanterns and their histories is equally absurd.

This is a new age for DC, one that I am looking forward to. Are there going to be parts that I miss? Absolutely, but I am still excited for this. DC is trying something bold here and I willing to give them a lot of room to make it work. Frankly I don't get why people are down on this, it's not like the old stuff because it's not meant to be.

Also it's obvious from the dialogue that Lois and Clark don't work together anymore, so that right there changes their entire dynamic. Plus why all the hate for Jonathan, all we have seen of him is this one page. For all we know he could be a great guy and ends being Clark's friend.

Plus Lois and Clark have been married multiple times. They were married on Earth-2 and "What Ever Happened to Man of Tomorrow" ended with the implication they got married. It is seen as a logical outcome for the pair for a vast majority people. Lois and Clark being together more or less is bound to happen, will it end in marriage that's hard to say at this point. All I know is I am looking forward to Clark trying to woe Lois and some romantic hijinks.

has left HJU. Not coming back.
I ain't going to look forward to read the new 52 continuity. I'm very pissed at DC for what they have done with Superboy.

Sadly, I miss Dick and Damon duo. Two Batmen (Bruce and Dick), Batgirl (Stephanie), two Flashs (Barry and Wally). All of that. I prefer the current better instead of new 52 continuity bullshit.

**** you, DC. You're not getting my money.

Lurker
All I know is I am looking forward to Clark trying to woe Lois and some romantic hijinks.

Whilst I will be preparing myself for static, unchanging, stale hijinx where Lois will never see Clark as a proper romantic suitor again (because it would undermine all the "exciting new stories" they want to tell with him single), and finds herself attracted to anyone BUT him (I wouldnt be surprised if they drag up her attraction to Lex Luthor again), sorry, I was raised on a Lois that knew better, this won't be getting my money.

I hope at the very least D.C release a series of comics set around the soon-to-be-aborted continuity so readers can be given a proper goodbye to Lois and Clark as we've known them. Even Marvel rewarded fans upset with OMD by releasing the "Mr and Mrs Spider-Man" strips and continuing Spider-Girl through to 2010 whilst BND was going on.

Last edited:
Read my smart post
I'm excited. DC Continuity is to complicated and I don't care about some of their smaller characters, but this is giving me a great jumping point. I will probably still buy majority of Marvel titles, but i'm anticipating the reboot :thumbs:

Lurker
More sneek peeks at the Superman line from ComicCon, as well as some new details

-The Daily Planet now functions like Rupert Murdoch's Newscorp, with Morgan Edge at the center of it all, Lois now fronts the television wing of the publication and is an equal to Perry White.

-Supergirl has no memory of who she is or where she comes from, and comes into conflict with Superman, so her origin's been tweeked too.

-Connor has been kidnapped and reverse-enginerred by Project N.O.W.H.E.R.E, it looks like his origins are remaining canocial. Lobdell also confirmed Superboy will be a villain for the first year of Teen Titans

-Clark's time with the Legion of Superheroes as a teenager still happened

-Steel will play a large role in Action Comics inagural arc

-Superman's cape in Action Comics will be the blanket he was wrapped in as a child, Morrison likened it to Linus's blanket from Peanuts.

-Lex Luthor is a scientist working for the U.S goverment and circumstances paint him almost as a good guy at the beggining.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=33475

Apparently they also DID discuss the possibility of wrapping up the present continuity with a special coda, but decided against it.

Last edited:
Lurker
Batman Panel news

-Starfire and Dick's history remains canocial

-Batgirl will be, according to Simone, a "young girl coming out of college"

-Catwoman's daughter Helena has been retconned

Last edited:
has left HJU. Not coming back.
-Connor has been kidnapped and reverse-enginerred by Project N.O.W.H.E.R.E, it looks like his origins are remaining canocial. Lobdell also confirmed Superboy will be a villain for the first year of Teen Titans

Seriously??

Damn you, DC! :shakefist

Superman will be considered the first superhero while the Justice Society are the "mystery men" of the 1940's-1950's.

Stormwatch has been in existence way before the formation of the Justice League.

Barry Allen and Iris West's marriage is kaput.

Last edited:
Lurker
Barry Allen and Iris West's marriage is kaput.

Bummer. That was my favourate D.C Pairing besides Lois and Clark, and Beast Boy and Raven...and both of them are goners too.

At least Animal Man is still married.

Last edited:
Admittedly, I'm kinda sad about Barry and Iris, if only because Barry is just a plain old nice guy and he deserves to be happy....even if he has no patience at all sometimes. The rest of it I'm just not all that fussed on and frankly? I don't really understand why people are raging so bad.

Okay, so Lois and Clark aren't married/interested in eachother anymore. That has been a staple of Superman for HOW many years now? Between everything that's gone on, I THINK we can afford to explore some different options for the Man of Steel.

I just really don't understand this whole rage issue over the changes. If you didn't buy the trades of your favorite stuff, then that's...basically your problem. I pick up stuff I like in trade so I always have it to enjoy. I don't see where it's an earth-shattering thing for it to be undone or not canon. Okay, Barry and Iris are kaput? Dastardly Death of the Rogues is not going to dematerialize off my shelf. Any time I want to re-live that, I can crack that trade open and read it again.

Gotta remember that from a writing perspective, A LOT has been done in the DCU. I mean for chrissakes one of the biggest events of the last few years was nothing but one HUGE homage to Alan Moore. and it involved all kinds of ridiculous ****. There comes a time where you begin to scrape the bottom of the barrel because, literally, everything that you can think of that's not hokey or otherwise nonviable, has been done already.

Plus? Yeah. It's a jumping-on point. and a really good one to boot. Things are starting over, at least for awhile they'll be easier to understand, it's just plain-old a better time for people to come on board with the rest of us and see just what we've been raving about for so long. Remember that this is primarily a gimmick to get new readers and win old ones back. Frankly, as I've said before, I say we embrace this and try and help DC with it's goal of getting new readers. Since, mind you, if DC shuts down, NONE of the stories you want to read will happen outside of fan fiction. They won't be able to retcon all these supposedly atrocious changes and re-instate the old continuity if they're bankrupt and closed.

Obviously I seriously doubt that they're really that close to closing their doors, but I think you get the idea. The bottom line is have a little faith, show a little support for them trying to expand the readership, and your trades and issues WILL NOT disappear. Thus your favorite continuity is not entirely gone.