what would it take to get tokusatsu released stateside?

Someday...once more
this may be a question asked millions times before.

sure we have ultraman, ultraman tiga, jn production releases and a scarse few others, but what will it take to get tokusastu in america. Ultraman shows, kamen rider, etc, could work, there is a market, though eclectic.

my question is...how come no US distributor has done so already?

Ultimately it's too small a fanbase. There needs to be a substantial demand in order for local distributors to put their efforts into actually bringing it over. For some toku like Godzilla it's easy other stuff, for example Garo. Not so much.

There are likely other factors but that's usually the biggest problem with a certain genre/franchise/series not entering other global regions

Super Kamen Sentai Rider
this may be a question asked millions times before.

sure we have ultraman, ultraman tiga, jn production releases and a scarse few others, but what will it take to get tokusastu in america. Ultraman shows, kamen rider, etc, could work, there is a market, though eclectic.

my question is...how come no US distributor has done so already?

I think it's because Saban has his hands wrapped around Sentai. Rider was attempted (but as an adaptation) and failed twice, and not a lot of new enough Ultraman to adapt, or any show for that matter. Even if they got something like Garo and were able to adapt it successfully, it would still end with that show, and wouldn't become a brand. Basically, one of the two biggest series of on-going Toku in Japan is already taken lol And has found it's niche here in the States :p

Only way I could see it thriving is if it got dubbed and put on something like Adult Swim. Where they show weird stuff there daily (and anime on Saturday!). It would definitely do very well there. Or if they just put it online with subs and made money off of the internet views.

Someday...once more
adaptaions do not count. when a show gets adapted it becomes something else.

and not a lot of new enough Ultraman to adapt, or any show for that matter. Even if they got something like Garo and were able to adapt it successfully, it would still end with that show, and wouldn't become a brand. Basically, one of the two biggest series of on-going Toku in Japan is already taken lol And has found it's niche here in the States :p

It's true. Adaptions are not the same thing, but since it was mentioned...

Tsuburaya doesn't like getting it's Ultraman titles adapted; they have a lot more pride in their work. While Gridman is the only thing they let slide, they absolutely hated what 4Kids did Tiga. So much so that they made sure a direct to video, uncut release was made. A release which is rare and expensive these days. If you ask me, Tsuburaya should just let Funimation be allowed to license their properties. At least Funimation would honor their work.

Garo, I think, has a better chance in an American market because of it's dark and violent nature. I think it would definitely appeal to older audiences in the states. No adaption required.

And it's funny how people say that there is just too small a fanbase for Tokusatsu and other things like that. It might not be a worthwhile endevour, but companies like Funimation need to take a chance and license and release more of it. It might be a rocky start, but it's worth a shot. Just put it out there and the fans will come. If anything, there wouldn't be anime fans today if it weren't for shows like Speed Racer, Gigantor, and Astroboy. We all ready have had a taste with Power Rangers, and just about all uncut releases of toku have been under the radar. Someone needs to just bite the bullet and keep trying until the fanbase expands.

Micchy Did Nothing Wrong
It would take American's not being biased retards and thinking everything non-American is LOLSHIT. I swear, everyone I meet makes fun if me for liking LOLJAPANESEPOWERRGANGERS.

Super Kamen Sentai Rider

I only brought it up because if any company wanted to release uncut Sentai, they can't because Saban owns the rights. So Saban would have to do it himself.

It would take American's not being biased retards and thinking everything non-American is LOLSHIT. I swear, everyone I meet makes fun if me for liking LOLJAPANESEPOWERRGANGERS.

I think this attitude has manly come about because of weeaboo's.. but I think your statement is equally unfair. A lost of American's (and western countries in general) are fine with products/franchises from other places. Don't think for a second that typical people in Japan wouldn't make fun of you for being a teenager/adult and being a fan of Sentai or Kamen Rider.