Status
Not open for further replies.
"Training."
ya, i know it wasn't exactly intended to that sense but, it past sic just had this style that current sic's hardly have. which is that "bulky" , "rough" look which i came to like. i enjoy the re-imagination concept and i support it but just not the stuff i've seen lately.

skull and fangjoker seems to be okay though.

i don't buy a lot of sic's but i think the best one i have as of late is kiva emperor form. i enjoy ixa rising form too that was part of a double pack
with dark kiva.

I thought SIC designs leans towards a more horror theme to it?

HEROW
^ Yeah, the more the SICs lean to being "show-accurate", the more I tend to feel meh~ about it. Though I was surprised when Ken made an SHF-looking custom SIC back when he was still a free man, but that's him... Since I expect Bandai to stick with SIC's selling point which is being a bit more "monstrous" than that of the show's suit design.

Lurker
If they go too show accurate, it'll just end up being a bigger sized SHF with small amounts of metal composites. I don't like it either when things get too show accurate. I think W, Super-1 and IXA are good that they are show accurate enough to be recognized and not feel like the design has been alienated and raped in space and then threw back into the Earth, but aren't exactly the same as the costumes. That said, I hate IXA's neck though. I also loved the idea of having details underneath those transparent parts on Decade. :D

All the Weather and Utopia SIC customs I'd seen are all very show accurate. Which is why I never liked any custom Weather or Utopia.

HEROW
All the Weather and Utopia SIC customs I'd seen are all very show accurate. Which is why I never liked any custom Weather or Utopia.

The way I see it though, is that Utopia and Weather are already monstrous enough that you no longer need to "exaggerate" it too much. You can, but it would be better appreciated by most people in the customizer's eyes since the challenge already lies at replicating the amount of details rather than doing the details a whole lot differently. Again, you still can in-fact exaggerate the details, but I guess it's hard to attempt this without alienating some people.

俺は太陽の子!
I thought SIC designs leans towards a more horror theme to it?

ya that's what i kind of wanted to say!

^ Yeah, the more the SICs lean to being "show-accurate", the more I tend to feel meh~ about it. Though I was surprised when Ken made an SHF-looking custom SIC back when he was still a free man, but that's him... Since I expect Bandai to stick with SIC's selling point which is being a bit more "monstrous" than that of the show's suit design.

i agree. there's no point to sic anymore if it's like that. but the new ones coming should be better.

Bandai Collector's Department November/December release schedule

Nov
2011年11月發售: S.I.C. Vol.60 - Kamen Rider Sky Rider 4,200Yen
2011年11月發售: S.I.C.極魂 (Kiwami) - Kamen Rider Kaixa 1,200Yen

Dec
2011年12月發售: S.I.C.極魂 (Kiwami) - Wolf Orphnoch 1,500Yen

Lurker
I guess you guys have a point about Weather and Utopia, but I don't know, I'm not very fond of SICs that looks slick and a lot more smoother than recent SICs, which some of the Utopia and Weather customs looked like. I actually would rather they alienate the design a bit, like a personal touch from the custom maker.

Woots, Skyrider at 4,200yen!! Hope he gets a stand or a scarf or something.

Considering how bad inflation has been, I'm surprised it's only set at 4,200 too. Was expecting something closer to 4,800 or possibly even 5,000, even though it's just a single figure.

I did read something about a special base/stand that is supposed to come with it in one of the Hobby magazines, but we haven't seen any pictures so far.

Lurker
A special stand huh? Given that W was given a stand for his splitting gimmick, if we get lucky it's not far-fetch that we could get a stand to display Skyrider flying. :D

I'm actually hoping for a diorama stand, like the early S.I.C. statues. I don't think it's too much to ask for, but I don't even know who the main villain in Sky Rider is.

If they're nice, they could include parts for both colour schemes of course, not that it's a very dramatic difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.