Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows Pt. 2 - Talk UP! A Wizard Meets His End!

boogie woogie feng shui
Like I predicted, this last entry wasn't very good. Spoilers, maybe.

Not awful as a film (it's clear the production team has making these cookie-cutter things down to a formula), but hardly enough to do the series, both the books and the films, justice, or by that turn to justify the buildup that's been coming since about the fifth film. The writing was lacking, all tension in scenes that should have been powerful and suspenseful was nullified by hurried exposition. Harry's climactic showdown and Voldemort's defeat were thoroughly underwhelming, which I can't believe they allowed to happen considering how the entire franchise is centered around the two antithesis wizards encountering one another again. Even the final scene with the new generation of wizards departing for Hogwarts just felt obligatory and tacked on, and the last shot in the film (and not just this film, but in the last Harry Potter movie ever) is the three main protagonists... just standing there. Fade.

Granted, it could have been far inferior, but it was probably the worst film in the series if you measure it by either standard set by the book or the previous films, a major letdown to fans of the original stories and one more compelling reason why Hollywood can't be trusted with anything when it comes to working with a premier product and a timetable. One big pulled punch.

'Kay, it changed!
Like I predicted, this last entry wasn't very good. Spoilers, maybe.

Not awful as a film (it's clear the production team has making these cookie-cutter things down to a formula), but hardly enough to do the series, both the books and the films, justice, or by that turn to justify the buildup that's been coming since about the fifth film. The writing was lacking, all tension in scenes that should have been powerful and suspenseful was nullified by hurried exposition. Harry's climactic showdown and Voldemort's defeat were thoroughly underwhelming, which I can't believe they allowed to happen considering how the entire franchise is centered around the two antithesis wizards encountering one another again. Even the final scene with the new generation of wizards departing for Hogwarts just felt obligatory and tacked on, and the last shot in the film (and not just this film, but in the last Harry Potter movie ever) is the three main protagonists... just standing there. Fade.

Granted, it could have been far inferior, but it was probably the worst film in the series if you measure it by either standard set by the book or the previous films, a major letdown to fans of the original stories and one more compelling reason why Hollywood can't be trusted with anything when it comes to working with a premier product and a timetable. One big pulled punch.

/opinion.

Lurker
really good movie but i wish the final duel was more longer & better

Funny enough, the movie's ending captured the same underwhelming feeling that the book's finale gave :laugh:

But still, the ride the was just great. Moment of the film for me was Neville going Highlander on Nagini.

boogie woogie feng shui
/opinion.

No way, man. The July 2011 issue of Scientific Monthly reports that Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows, Pt. 2 is thoroughly anticlimactic and an unfortunate way to end a series that has captivated the imaginations of millions.

A simple passerby...
No way, man. The July 2011 issue of Scientific Monthly reports that Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows, Pt. 2 is thoroughly anticlimactic and an unfortunate way to end a series that has captivated the imaginations of millions.

The rest of the reception media apparently disagrees with them though. It has a 97% on Rotten Tomatoes and all Top Critics rated it fresh.

boogie woogie feng shui
That's because there's nothing blatantly offensive or damaging to our culture in it, like Twilight or any other comparable films that depict certain debatable themes or situations. People think it's good for kids because it encourages values like bravery, friendship and embracing unique abilities and because the books got young people reading again. Nobody's going to criticize it too much for not meeting the standard of the previous entries or it will appear that they're just a boring old muggle that doesn't remember what it's like to be a kid.

I'm not saying it was the worst movie I've ever seen. But it's far from the best, and far from being the best Harry Potter movie, as well. It definitely wasn't 97% fresh good. Consider some of what I've been saying and then see it and try to disagree.

A simple passerby...
That's because there's nothing blatantly offensive or damaging to our culture in it, like Twilight or any other comparable films that depict certain debatable themes or situations. People think it's good for kids because it encourages values like bravery, friendship and embracing unique abilities and because the books got young people reading again. Nobody's going to criticize it too much for not meeting the standard of the previous entries or it will appear that they're just a boring old muggle that doesn't remember what it's like to be a kid.

I'm not saying it was the worst movie I've ever seen. But it's far from the best, and far from being the best Harry Potter movie, as well. It definitely wasn't 97% fresh good. Consider some of what I've been saying and then see it and try to disagree.

I see what you're saying but if I were to see any flaw in it, I would have to go and see it again. I did miss a few details while my 3D glasses fell off. I think though, you would have to agree that Snape's memories were indeed tear-jerking moments.