Collectibles What Do You Collect?

I collect books. When I like an author I buy all the books from that author one by one until my collection is complete. I also collect Harry Potter stuff. Though I haven't added anything to my collection recently, I used to by many HP stuff. I also have a collection of stamps which must be worth a huge amount already considering that there are less and less people sending stuff through snail mail. My husband collects Star Wars stuff and my youngest son collects Lego. What do you collect?

Girls? Just kidding. :)

I collected NBA cards, coins, and stamps when I was in grade school and high school. I also loved to collect books when I was in college. But when eBooks came along, I stopped. What I currently collect are movies. I store them on my external hard drive. I also have a huge collection of video games. :)

I collect CD's, badges, and Vinyls from my favourite bands, does that count? And set lists/autographs from smaller bands i go to see, especially the handwritten ones.

I collect stamps - yes I said it, stamps. It's a hobby I started when I was really young and I've never been able to grow out of it. It's a lot harder now with email killing off snail mail, but I still grab whatever I can.

I collect old sports illustrated's and also old new paper clippings of famous sporting events.

Such as when Larry Bird retired, Olympic victory in 1980, Superbowls, World Series, NBA Championships, ect........

Currently, the only thing I really collect are albums. Whether it's CDs, vinyls, or cassettes. It mainly depends on what is available from any given artist. There are some indie bands that I listen to that can only afford to release their stuff on CD or cassette, and if I like it enough, I'll buy it, regardless of format.

I like to make and collect 1/6 scale action figures. I started back in 2003 as a customizer for a company in Arizona called Cy Toys.
People would call in and place an order with a description of what they would like to see made, then I would build them a figure based on their specifications and mail it to them. I have polished my skills over the past 10 years and now sell commissions for anywhere from $200-$400.
It is really fun to do and makes really nice side money.

There was a certain time where I enjoyed collecting game cards. At the time, I was pretty young and I spent money on online currency to make my character look better. It was basically a pay-to-win game and I bought a lot of game cards. After I quit, I wanted to see how much I spent on the game. I won't disclose the amount because the amount is embarrassing, but I have spent well over $100 on the game.

There are some indie bands that I listen to that can only afford to release their stuff on CD or cassette, and if I like it enough, I'll buy it, regardless of format.

I do that too! At least if i go to gigs and they're selling their music anyway.

Outside of dust, my husband collects old Star Trek props. Not "The Next Generation" but the first Star Trek series. We have one of those old pistol grip phasers and a few other items, still in their boxes, stored in the house safe.

I have a nice collection of photos. I have Majel Barret's autographed photo, scored when I spent a whole afternoon running my chainmail table next to her table at Gencon. I even got my name in the Dragon magazine issue covering that event. I have an old autographed photo of Shatner dressed as Kirk, and autographed photos of a couple of the actors who played psi corp agents from Babylon 5.

I have a few others but can't remember them all.