Status
Not open for further replies.
Eye See You
Not very deep, in my opinion.

:sly:

Are you fucking kidding me?. That is the basis for the majority of ALL Superheroes in general. Bruce Wayne's parents were killed, I guess that's not deep as well.

So what is deep to you?. Please tell me.

But back to the original discussion... X1 Mask is the first 6th Ranger. Toei can hide it or do whatever all they want but fans whom have watched a little more than just Magiranger or Boukenger actually have the knoewledge to know the difference.

MagiFanboy
:sly:

Are you fucking kidding me?. That is the basis for the majority of ALL Superheroes in general. Bruce Wayne's parents were killed, I guess that's not deep as well.

So what is deep to you?. Please tell me.

Depth is a matter of execution, of how the character responds to what happens to them. Bruce Wayne forges himself into an inhumanly perfect crime fighting machine and is an incredibly troubled person who is almost entirely incapable of forming a healthy relationship with those around him...depending on which iteration of Batman you're referring to, of course..

X1 Mask went to bars and got drunk before randomly deciding to help out for an episode. Like I said before, not a very interesting character; he didn't bring anything new to the show or the story, he didn't bring out previously unknown sides to the characters who were already there, and he makes no lasting impact past the episode he was in. He may have been the first 6th Ranger ever, but it's not at all bizarre to me that TOEI doesn't much care about him.

Some kind of Beast mode
I think you need to re read everything I posted. The fact of the matter is X1 Mask is the first 6th Ranger just like Akaranger was the first Red Ranger. These are simple facts. Toei for some reason just decided to drop on X1. I never said I wanted a X1 key or anything. I was just stating a fact.

Yea you're right, my bad. Yea, it's true they should give him just a tad recognition. Like "He was the first proto-type 6th" or something.

If not in the show, then a movie, if not in a movie then in the Adult News TV trivia's they've been having, if not in that then a poster, if not that then a Sentai pamphlet, if not that then put the fact in a fortune cookie at least.

But I guess if you think about it...if you mention X1 then you have to mention all the firsts..like the ones mentioned in the "Sentai firsts lookback" thread. That would get tedious.

Blazing Soul!
So if Akaranger only appeared for 1 episode he would not have been the first Red Ranger?.

One episode or 50... the FACT still remains. X1 Mask is Ranger 6 #1.

You cannot argue this based on what Bandai was selling back in the 80's.

You know that logic is pretty flawed. If Akaranger appeared for one episode, I highly doubt we would've celebrated him as the face of Goranger like we would today.

I don't know what Bandai was selling back in the 80s. Heck I don't think Bandai actually sold anything based on X1 Mask or if they were even trying to do something with the concept of the sixth rangers back then. Maybe there should be some recognition for X1 Mask as the first prototype X1 Mask, but it's really hard to recognize him as an official sixth ranger when his role is very much like that of many one shot extra heroes. How about including some other characters before X1 Mask? After all, there WERE ally characters before him that did end up helping out like the Bangai Heroes that we know of today, one who I know appeared for more than one episode.

But back to the original discussion... X1 Mask is the first 6th Ranger. Toei can hide it or do whatever all they want but fans whom have watched a little more than just Magiranger or Boukenger actually have the knoewledge to know the difference.

Huh... X1 Mask was presented as the first 6th Ranger in Boukenger's recaps, so I don't know what you're talking about. Most of the modern fandom probably wouldn't even have noticed (or, at least, complained about) his absence if it weren't for Boukenger including him in the 6th Ranger look back.

In Justice, We Trust!
Aside from Goseiger, which Ranger powers did they unlock in the movie?

Blazing Soul!
Huh... X1 Mask was presented as the first 6th Ranger in Boukenger's recaps, so I don't know what you're talking about. Most of the modern fandom probably wouldn't even have noticed (or, at least, complained about) his absence if it weren't for Boukenger including him in the 6th Ranger look back.

Funnily enough, that recap came after the Zyuranger recap, in which they said that Zyuranger was the first to have an official sixth ranger.

Mad Skillz
Maybe that's the key word? Official. X1 Didn't really stick around or anything.

Whether he's the sixth or not the point still stands. Better heroes got the shaft as well.

Funnily enough, that recap came after the Zyuranger recap, in which they said that Zyuranger was the first to have an official sixth ranger.
I've been trying to find that clip but can't.

Status
Not open for further replies.