Would like to change his avatar
From where I'm sitting, you're stirring the **** in an attempt to keep it going. I want this to stop. Now.

Oh, that's bloody RICH...

Christ, I regret wasting any goddamn time with this fucking thread...

And maybe you should drop the attitude until you've reached more than 119 posts.

Last edited:
Harumph.
ANYWAY. ENOUGH ANGER AND ELITISM, MORE CHANGEMAN.

Another reason that I loved Changeman is because I really liked the dynamic between Mai/Change Phoenix and Sayaka/Change Mermaid. They're almost exact opposites, but they're still good friends.

Mai, in particular, is my favorite female character in the entire series. Perhaps in all of Super Sentai.

MagiFanboy
Oh, that's bloody RICH...

Christ, I regret wasting any goddamn with this fucking thread...

And maybe you should drop the attitude until you've reached more than 119 posts.

And onto my ignore list you go. You may have over four thousand posts, but if that's how you're going to act, then I don't want to hear it.

Some kind of Beast mode
Expressed that way, the Earth Power is pretty impressive. And, given the effects available at the time and budget, I do like the big Earth Power attacks that they'll pull off every so often; I just use my imagination a little to turn two-dimensional images on a screen into big three-dimensional mythological monsters tearing mooks apart. Its fun.

YES! YES! I love the effects. Well, I loved what they were trying to convey even more! Because the effects in Changeman, on the villian's side or the heroes' were either crappy, hilarious, or both. Thing is I don't care, because I know back then they just obviously weren't fortunate enough to be the year 2011.

Whenever I watch an old Sentai, this being one of them, I always say "If only...if only fill-in-the-blank were made now, with the effects of today, it would BLOW MINDS."

Because writing was more superior back then, but the graphics weren't. Vice versa for now. So imagine...combine those two.

Yea..awesome isn't even a word.

MagiFanboy
ANYWAY. ENOUGH ANGER AND ELITISM, MORE CHANGEMAN.

Another reason that I loved Changeman is because I really liked the dynamic between Mai/Change Phoenix and Sayaka/Change Mermaid. They're almost exact opposites, but they're still good friends.

Mai, in particular, is my favorite female character in the entire series. Perhaps in all of Super Sentai.

I'm definitely looking forward to episode 15, as it promises to focus on Mai who I feel hasn't gotten nearly the attention that Sakaya has. FYI, Sakaya is awesome.

YES! YES! I love the effects. Well, I loved what they were trying to convey even more! Because the effects in Changeman, on the villian's side or the heroes' were either crappy, hilarious, or both. Thing is I don't care, because I know back then they just obviously weren't fortunate enough to be the year 2011.

Whenever I watch an old Sentai, this being one of them, I always say "If only...if only fill-in-the-blank were made now, with the effects of today, it would BLOW MINDS."

Because writing was more superior back then, but the graphics weren't. Vice versa for now. So imagine...combine those two.

Yea..awesome isn't even a word.

Man, if only there was a season where the characters could, I don't know, turn into previous teams and use their powers with a modern, full blown budget to fully convey everything that we were all imagining back in the day. But, such a thing is surely just the fancy of a mad man...oh, wait, Gokaiger. :p

Some kind of Beast mode
Man, if only there was a season where the characters could, I don't know, turn into previous teams and use their powers with a modern, full blown budget to fully convey everything that we were all imagining back in the day. But, such a thing is surely just the fancy of a mad man...oh, wait, Gokaiger. :p

:laugh: I know, I know. But, they haven't truly gotten to the painfully irking effects seasons yet. When they have, they were a bit too short. I love Gokaiger for that though. lol

MagiFanboy
Well, I just finished episode 15. First of all, LOL at the "Samus is a girl" moment before there was even a Samus Aran to name that trope. Not too much to say about the episode in all, it didn't really advance the plot and I didn't learn much more about Mai other than that she rides a mean motorcycle. Even so, it was a fun episode; I enjoyed seeing mister macho man Ken calling her "aniki", and now that I'm paying attention to it I'm definitely appreciating the variety of areas in which the fight scenes take place.

Well, I just finished episode 15. First of all, LOL at the "Samus is a girl" moment before there was even a Samus Aran to name that trope. Not too much to say about the episode in all, it didn't really advance the plot and I didn't learn much more about Mai other than that she rides a mean motorcycle. Even so, it was a fun episode; I enjoyed seeing mister macho man Ken calling her "aniki", and now that I'm paying attention to it I'm definitely appreciating the variety of areas in which the fight scenes take place.

When I saw ep 15, I feel like it taught me a great deal more about Mai. In ep 6, we learn that Mai is like a typical tomboy in contrast to Sayaka. Not only that, but ep 6 made me think of Mai as a bit of a grumpy person (even though she still kicked butt). Like when she drew that crappy portrait compared to Sayaka's more detailed one. :laugh: When I saw ep 15, Mai showed that she truly does have a sense of justice and hates when she sees something wrong (like the biker). And what gave Mai a unique personality was that she still had her tough personality at all times. So no, ep 15 doesn't advance the plot, but I think it certainly advanced more into Mai's personality which I think is essential for a sentai season. :)

MagiFanboy
When I saw ep 15, I feel like it taught me a great deal more about Mai. In ep 6, we learn that Mai is like a typical tomboy in contrast to Sayaka. Not only that, but ep 6 made me think of Mai as a bit of a grumpy person (even though she still kicked butt). Like when she drew that crappy portrait compared to Sayaka's more detailed one. :laugh: When I saw ep 15, Mai showed that she truly does have a sense of justice and hates when she sees something wrong (like the biker). And what gave Mai a unique personality was that she still had her tough personality at all times. So no, ep 15 doesn't advance the plot, but I think it certainly advanced more into Mai's personality which I think is essential for a sentai season. :)

You speak truth my good man. Though really, given that both Sayaka and Mai are trained hardened soldiers, declaring one the tomboy and the other not...well, its more a matter of degree then it is of kind, LOL. And yes, character development is vital for a good sentai.

ETA: Just finished episode 16, and so now we have two sentais that manage to do the whole angel thing with more meaning and depth to it than Goseiger, the other being Magiranger. And like Nana before her, I expect that we will be seeing Sakura again at some point, though when I can not say. Also, how does Ibuki know so much about the Merillians? You'd think that the Changemen, who are generally pretty sharp cookies, would find it suspect or odd that he knew all that, and yet they never brought that up. Well, they are very trusting of him so its not that odd, but still...

Last edited: