The 3rd Pro Wrasslin' Thread - WWF,WWE,WCW,ECW,TNA,JAPAN,PAKISTAN etc..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Digital Artist
Man CM Punk just showed why he is my favorite wrestler right now in the company. He was allowed to say some things that Vince wouldn't allow for anyone to say. But was this really a shoot or was it a planned angle? I think it was an allowed angle because if it was a shoot, it would've ended sooner than it did. Either way, I was glad Punk got to speak his mind and is now INTERESTED to see what happens next. What a way to end the show. CM Punk is awesome!!!

Eye See You
My thoughts exactly. Sin Cara's finisher is something I can't buy into either, it just looks a botched head scissors.

WWE really needs to beef up the finisher moves for many of the wrestlers. I think the only actual entertaining finishers are the RKO and GTS.

HEROW
Man CM Punk just showed why he is my favorite wrestler right now in the company. He was allowed to say some things that Vince wouldn't allow for anyone to say. But was this really a shoot or was it a planned angle? I think it was an allowed angle because if it was a shoot, it would've ended sooner than it did. Either way, I was glad Punk got to speak his mind and is now INTERESTED to see what happens next. What a way to end the show. CM Punk is awesome!!!

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing... He would have been cut off waaay earlier if it were real.

Ole! Ole! Ole!
WWE really needs to beef up the finisher moves for many of the wrestlers. I think the only actual entertaining finishers are the RKO and GTS.

I find myself liking that WWE is going for more simplistic finishers as opposed to ROH-esqe super moves. Del Rio's arm breaker is effective, but the downside is you get stupid finishers like Ziggler's 'Zig Zag' and Big Show's 'KO Punch'.

Eye See You
I find myself liking that WWE is going for more simplistic finishers as opposed to ROH-esqe super moves. Del Rio's arm breaker is effective, but the downside is you get stupid finishers like Ziggler's 'Zig Zag' and Big Show's 'KO Punch'.

Yea, Sleeper holds and all that **** are all finishers from the '80s. I think the entire point of a finisher should be the impact for obvious reasons yet Vinnie Mac shits on his Attitude era debut speech about challenge the intelligence of the fans by giving us bullshit like Wade Barrett's Wasteland.

When The Fruit Of Life Corrupts Men
The Punk promo was quite possibly the ballsyiest fucking thing I've seen the company do in quite sometime and it's true, every single last word of it

BEST IN THE WORLD!!!
My thoughts exactly. Sin Cara's finisher is something I can't buy into either, it just looks a botched head scissors.

It's actually not. What the La Mistica was(in mexico) was a head-scissor spin that goes into an arm-bar finish. Since ADR is using the arm-breaker, they're probably not letting him use it.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jt8qcOSEg-o"]YouTube - ‪La Mistica‬‏[/ame]

When The Fruit Of Life Corrupts Men

It's in no way whatsoever botched, it's a triple headscissors

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxXXARi0EAI"]Visual Example[/ame]

I mean the amount of physical and mental ability required to do something like that is just.......staggering

HEROW
I think what he's saying is the way it was executed with Bourne... Probably because Bourne isn't that tall to begin with, hence the head scissors looking like it was botched.

is Mayor of Farmville
About the CM Punk matter...

My theory is that half of it is scripted (maybe someone at WWE creative was aware that Cena isn't very popular except for the Kiddie crowd), but the other half isn't.

As for the finishers...I think one reason why they're not as flashy as they were before is so that chances for serious injury to be reduced. Though, I may be wrong, since they still have that end-of-year thing known as the TLC PPV.

Status
Not open for further replies.