Lurker
You're ignoring the qualifications necessary to be TheBee though. It was done in such a way that it was basically the only Rider always guaranteed to be following Zect's orders.

But TheBee Zecter did offered to go back to Yaguruma, after he became KickHopper, but he rejected it.

Welcome
When Sasword died, it was tragic.He was my favorite character since day one."Noblesse oblige" and "I will be the man who will stand on top of _____", his two catchphrases, often added some humor to the episode.The episode he died in was one of the main events and best episodes of the second half.

Kagami sometimes felt more like a main character than Tendou, much like Zeronos was to Den-O.Yes, the show had many flaws, but I still enjoyed it.

Ultimate Makeup will always be the strongest rider attack.:castlerock:

He attacks Zect troops twice in his first battles as Kick Hopper (TheBee in his debut and a bunch of Zect troopers in the episode where Kageyama becomes Punch Hopper).

In general, the show just made Riku's whole indirect approach to fighting against the Natives turn out to be mostly useless in the end (Also including the Red Shoes system).

There wasn't any rhyme or reason to Yagu attacking them though, at least nothing ever stated. It was just an excuse for him to look "cool".

You're ignoring the qualifications necessary to be TheBee though. It was done in such a way that it was basically the only Rider always guaranteed to be following Zect's orders.

In that case, why weren't all the Zecters designed that way? And Mishima forced the Zabee Zecter to let him be Zabee once. There's no reason that Yagu couldn't have done the same if his conviction was strong enough.

When Sasword died, it was tragic.He was my favorite character since day one."Noblesse oblige" and "I will be the man who will stand on top of _____", his two catchphrases, often added some humor to the episode.The episode he died in was one of the main events and best episodes of the second half.

Why is it that people hate Tendou so much for being a "jerk" (I personally don't see much evidence for it unless you count not being extremely chummy with everyone) yet find Tsurugi so fun? In the beginning he was much worse and more annoying than Tendou could ever be with his snobbishness.

I did however like that aspect of him in theory, in that he paralleled Tendou despite working with ZECT. It would have been nice to see that be developed further as Tsurugi defects from ZECT and begins working with Tendou. But instead they make him into such awful comic relief, that I'm sure OOO was inspired by him.

Ultimate Makeup will always be the strongest rider attack.:castlerock:

Shut up! Do you want Toei to hear you?! >>

Welcome
There wasn't any rhyme or reason to Yagu attacking them though, at least nothing ever stated. It was just an excuse for him to look "cool".

In that case, why weren't all the Zecters designed that way? And Mishima forced the Zabee Zecter to let him be Zabee once. There's no reason that Yagu couldn't have done the same if his conviction was strong enough.

Why is it that people hate Tendou so much for being a "jerk" (I personally don't see much evidence for it unless you count not being extremely chummy with everyone) yet find Tsurugi so fun? In the beginning he was much worse and more annoying than Tendou could ever be with his snobbishness.

I did however like that aspect of him in theory, in that he paralleled Tendou despite working with ZECT. It would have been nice to see that be developed further as Tsurugi defects from ZECT and begins working with Tendou. But instead they make him into such awful comic relief, that I'm sure OOO was inspired by him.

Shut up! Do you want Toei to hear you?! >>

Eiji's a hobo though.

But TheBee Zecter did offered to go back to Yaguruma, after he became KickHopper, but he rejected it.

That time they were trying to make them go back to Zect though, and Yaguruma was there helping them.

If loyalty for Zect's orders wasn't necessary, there's no reason Kagami would have needed to drop TheBee Zecter in the beginning in order to avoid fighting Tendo.

In that case, why weren't all the Zecters designed that way?

Each Zecter had their own type of chosen ones. It's probably part of the AI system of each one. We don't know why that happened, but it's not like most technology in Rider shows can be explained anyway.

And Mishima forced the Zabee Zecter to let him be Zabee once. There's no reason that Yagu couldn't have done the same if his conviction was strong enough.

Eh... it's not that clear. TheBee Zecter flies to Mishima in the first place in that scene. When he jumps to catch it, then TheBee flies up, seemingly trying to escape, but afterwards it doesn't try to escape again, and, after the battle, stays around Mishima until he makes a signal to make it go away.

Later on, when a worm turns into Drake, the Zecter just flies away from him and removes his transformation mid battle. Sasword's Zecter also flew away from him mid battle in one of the times Tendo used the Perfect Zecter sword.

Last edited:
HEROW
Kagami sometimes felt more like a main character than Tendou, much like Zeronos was to Den-O.Yes, the show had many flaws, but I still enjoyed it.

Even with the title, we all know it was a 2-man show. They needed Kagami to have the normal people relate to him.

That time they were trying to make them go back to Zect though, and Yaguruma was there helping them.

If loyalty for Zect's orders wasn't necessary, there's no reason Kagami would have needed to drop TheBee Zecter in the beginning in order to avoid fighting Tendo.

Then what was the point of offering it to Yaguruma if they knew it wouldn't take him? How do you even know that loyalty is necessary to use Zabee? It left Yagu the first time even when he was still loyal to ZECT. And why would Kagami have to give it up to not fight Tendou? The Zecter wasn't forcing him to fight.

Each Zecter had their own type of chosen ones. It's probably part of the AI system of each one. We don't know why that happened, but it's not like most technology in Rider shows can be explained anyway.

Do you realize how stupid that is, then? ZECT brought all its troubles on itself then if they designed the Zecters to do whatever they wanted and then got mad when non-ZECT people were being chosen as Riders and refusing to join the group. Why do you seem to write this off so nonchalantly?

Later on, when a worm turns into Drake, the Zecter just flies away from him and removes his transformation mid battle. Sasword's Zecter also flew away from him mid battle in one of the times Tendo used the Perfect Zecter sword.

That's another thing: the whole issue with the Perfect Zecter made no sense. First Tendou takes Daisuke and Tsurugi's Zecters away, and then later they're still using them. Tendou even bought the Sasword Zecter from Tsurugi, and then in a later episode he gets mad at Tendou for taking it away mid-battle. Despite the fact that he.... sold it to him willingly.

Then what was the point of offering it to Yaguruma if they knew it wouldn't take him?

They were asking for Yaguruma to return. If he chose to return to Zect, it would accept him, but he rejected it because he wasn't going to do it.

How do you even know that loyalty is necessary to use Zabee?

It's the only Zecter that always left users who went against Zect?

Then what was the point of offering it to Yaguruma if they knew it wouldn't take him? How do you even know that loyalty is necessary to use Zabee? It left Yagu the first time even when he was still loyal to ZECT.

When it left him, he hadn't betrayed Zect, but he had received orders to kill worms, and went directly against them, ignoring the worms to fight against Tendo.

And why would Kagami have to give it up to not fight Tendou? The Zecter wasn't forcing him to fight.

That's exactly my point. The Zecter wasn't forcing Kagami to fight, yet, because he didn't want to fight against Tendo, he had to give up the Zecter. He had no such problem as Gattack.

First Tendou takes Daisuke and Tsurugi's Zecters away, and then later they're still using them. Tendou even bought the Sasword Zecter from Tsurugi, and then in a later episode he gets mad at Tendou for taking it away mid-battle.

That WAS addressed in the show. He wanted to take every Zecter so no Rider would attack Hiyori, but after the Red Shoes incident he realized that he can't do everything by himself and gives up on that idea, letting people take their Zecters back. The Perfect Zecter only appears after he had already returned the Zecters to their owners.

Why do you seem to write this off so nonchalantly?

Because that's part of the basic premise of Kabuto's setting. For whatever reason, the Zecters needed real AIs to work and Zect didn't have much control over those AIs. It'd be a very different show if that element didn't exist. I mean, it's like complaining about Ryuuki because Kanzaki had to make a Rider battle rather than just kill a bunch of people to get their life force.

Last edited: